Odometer Glitch/Bug

youngjr25

Just felt like I should let people know that that there is a bug there your mileage on a car will reset/change. I just got the game yesterday and after getting to New York I decided I would take a road trip to Los Angeles and then call it a night. When I ended up getting there I had about 250 miles on my car, but now I have only 96 miles on the same car. 

Just felt I should let people know about this so if it happens you won't be as surprised. Hopefully it doesn't happen again or it will be a long grind for the Overclocker trophy.

To be honest I think its supposed to do that. Either it counts just the session, or since last time you changed car or something. I haven't really paid much attention to it other than noticing it resets quite often. However I do not think it matters considering the trophies because I have got several awards for like "drive 1000km off-road" and "drive 2000km in european cars" etc while the odometer is on 100km. So I think the Overclocker trophy will pop anyway. Also if you haven't noticed yet, all trophies are tied to awards so if you look in the awards section (L3 on map, press R1 until you reach awards) you can find the Overlocker award in there somewhere and see how many % you have on it.

Yeah I noticed that the trophies are connected to the awards, and when I look at the overclocker award (Explore/Freedrive/Elite) it is at 9% (About 450 miles) for me, which is the most I had on a car before a reset. This trophy/award, unlike "drive 1000km off-road" and "drive 2000km in european cars", isn't cumulative so the odometer on any one class of a car has to roll over to 5,000 miles/ 8,047km before it pops. 

Edit:

"It should've been fixed after the patch they applied about an hour ago but I cannot confirm this (yet)."

I can confirm that even after yesterdays update, this issue has still not been fixed. Put about 70 miles on my mustang last night, not there this morning.

Edited by youngjr25

Yeah ok I take back what I said earlier. It seems like when I quit the game it sometimes saves the mileage and sometimes not. If it saves it doesn't disappear again. The car I have used the most was always 0 when I opened the game but since a few days ago it has been 981 every time i log in so I guess its a start. But still, its gonna be a drag if I finish everything in the game and I still have to drive 4000 to complete it :|

I can confirm what youngjr25 said because my odometer is stuck at 12% which is 900+ km and I did that with my Circuit Nissan 370Z. I played much more with that specific car and it didn't budge even little bit. So you should either wait for a patch or race in Little Eagle Speedrome for 30+ hours non-stop.

its gonna be a drag if I finish everything in the game and I still have to drive 4000 to complete it :|

This is the main reason I've switched to PvZ/GTA now. Since I've now beaten the game, I'm just going to wait until I know it's fixed before I start driving around collecting landmarks (can't do those atm anyway since they reset too)

This is the main reason I've switched to PvZ/GTA now. Since I've now beaten the game, I'm just going to wait until I know it's fixed before I start driving around collecting landmarks (can't do those atm anyway since they reset too)

Very weird because it took me few days to visit landmarks and it never reset.

Yeah, I've been stuck at 17 (According to my awards I have about 35 or more) landmarks visited for about a week now. I could probably collect all of them in a solid day of playing if I fast traveled everywhere but what's the fun in that.

Edited by youngjr25

Yeah, I've been stuck at 17 (According to my awards I have about 35 or more) landmarks visited for about a week now. I could probably collect all of them in a solid day of playing if I fast traveled everywhere but what's the fun in that.

While you are waiting for the fix you can do "Remember My Name" with "The Breadwinner" although I don't know how to boost the latter one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...