Favourite / Best Characters?

Hey PSNP,

Who do you like playing as / think is good / overpowered / underpowered / overused / fun, etc?

The last BB game I played was Calamity Trigger, so my thoughts are from the perspective of an ex BBCT fiend.

Personally, whilst Jin has been knocked down a few pegs since Calamity Trigger - his invincible frames and slight timings seem to me to have been tuned to the point that he's not quite the Ice Car Master he once was - he's still a good choice of character, as few people can anticipate or block a well placed Jin Drive attack, and the Ice Swords and Ice Car still work very well as spacing tools.

The only other character that I'd consider maining as is Tsubaki, who's a lot of fun to play with and has some really vicious combos that you can pull off with relative ease in Technical mode. I like the four different versions of her specials, and the vareity of options it gives you.

Ragna doesn't suck any more! A lot of people seem to use him online now, and they've all settled on the tactic of spamming Hell's Fang and Carnage Scissors for massive damage. It's actually pretty hard to deal with, I find, especially when using Jin.

Lambda-11 can go die in a whole. Her swords are vicious (and insultingly easy to pull off in Stylish), to the point that it's almost impossible to play as Tsubaki against her as you can never get close without getting sworded in the gut. This is extremely annoying. However, Jin can counter her combos with a well placed projectile.

Valkenhayn seems pretty good too, but he's not quite as widely used. Noel, on the other hand, seems to be the most popular character because in Stylish, you can rampantly button mash with her and do magnificent combos that will drain half your health, just by hammering :triangle: . This is annoying.

What do you all think?

• 3 weeks later...

I would half to agree with you on a lot of what you said above.

That hard thing about Valkenhin is that he has two modes, kinda like lichi. He has his wolf form and his human forum both bringing different styles to the table.

Hazama omg dont get me started on him. I hate how he does not have a dash and has to be so dam close to your opponent that they can just grab you faster then you can pull off your combo. I know he has that chain move that lets him move around the map but it is so hard to control that anyone who can master him has alot of respect from me.

As for Ragna (him being my favorite Hells Fang for the win) to me seems the best suited for alot of match up that will end up being a good fight. The nice improvement they made from CS to Extend was the Carnage Scissors got immunity to all projectiles. Which to most seems unfair but you need 50 heat to pull it off and it is not like Tagers Sledgehammer or Hakumans sword (both cut thru projectiles like a hot knife thru butter and both dont need heat or the gems that haku uses.) Another plus about Ragna is that amazing Soul Eater ability he has. Idk how many times i have been so close to death that one hit would have killed me and i pull off a good combo to get in that safe zone again that i have a little more room for error.

but over all they balanced out the cast (other then tager who imo seems to overpowered) I know he is in lower teir but really 3.5K with only a grab and whatever else you can combo into. that is almost half of every characters health right there in the beginning of the match. also the amount of invincibility frames that he has and the lack of skill required to even play him makes me sick.

But yeah you have my thoughts on the subject and even with Tager I still love this game series

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm trying to main as Hakumen. What pulled me about him is his Drive attack, Zashin? (Whatever it's called, it's awesome)

Because you never know when your going to fight a person that spams attacks, the drive is essentially useful for opening

that one small window of opportunity.

Combo-wise, it's a little difficult without any magatama beads, but I'm getting the hang of it. I think a good amount of beads

should be a maximum of 3, that way you can pull off "Lotus" and immediately after the wall bounce go for a 214A, then finish

off with either a 4C or a 6C.

It's tricky, though. Regardless, playing as Hakumen is fun. Although his Distortions are.... kind of useless, because everyone knows

that it's a bad idea to come at Hakumen when he has 4+ Magatama.

T^T And don't even get me started on his Astral conditions.

You do realise this is meant for BlazBlue characters due to the forum section being for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND, right?

Anyway the characters I play are Noel, Rachel, Mu, Nu, Lambda and Platinum and I enjoy using each character although it feels like Rachel keeps losing out with each version...

Out of the characters listed I'd say Nu/Lambda, Noel and Platinum are my favourites to play, I'd add Rachel but after Calamity Trigger she's been getting worse to play or I am getting unaccustomed to using her but I doubt that. I feel pretty comfortable playing against most characters but stylish Tager, good Hazama players and the countless Ragna players do frustrate me somewhat less so the Hazama players that are good at least there I know I lost to someone who really practiced.

As for the complaints of Noel users mashing :triangle: in stylish mode they're nothing compared to Tager who with stylish mode sets you up for 1/3 your HP gone with a single button press if you get too close, poor poor Noel... with Lambda, Platinum and Rachel I can deal with them but it really doesn't make those match up any less annoying.

I'll probably stick with the characters I like for Chrono Phantasma as well just have to practice a bit more with Rachel and Platinum although I feel a bit odd playing these faster characters a bit defensively considering they're pretty weak in defense but it is all I can do to compensate for my slower reaction times and I get plenty of hate mail for using Noel and the Murakumo units as well as a small amount with *Platinum... so much hate...

*I suppose they really don't like being placed in a bubble, hit with a frying pan, harisen or blasted with kitty missiles...

• Like 2

Considering the level of skill that the players online display, I'd say that going up against a strong character is always a fun experience.

What I hate is winning, then either being booted or that person leaving mid-match while losing DX

Nothing is more irritating than that 5 second pause before the opponent "disconnects"........

What I hate is winning, then either being booted or that person leaving mid-match while losing DX

Nothing is more irritating than that 5 second pause before the opponent "disconnects"........

I hate when this happens too (well, not so much being booted, since I only play ranked matches), but it's worse when after they disconnect/boot you, they send you hate mail.

Now for my favourite characters;

Ragna the Bloodedge

Nu-12/Lambda-11

Makoto Nanaya

I have listed Nu & Lambda as the same character, because they technically are. I have the same reasons for listing all of those characters, they are fun to use and they appeal to me more than the other characters do.

I hate when this happens too (well, not so much being booted, since I only play ranked matches), but it's worse when after they disconnect/boot you, they send you hate

I got something like that, but instead they talked to me in Korean in the Voice chat feature and then just disbanded the room.

=.= Never chatting on those rooms again, UNLESS I know the person or something.

Characters:

I saw how well a Good Ragna plays, so maybe I'll get into using him. Perhaps I'll take some tips from Jin on using his brother xD

• 2 months later...

Well, from my name, it should be kinda obvious I'm gonna say Hazama. Naturally, I main him, but I'm so used to that goddamn chain I suck balls with nearly every other character, but hey, I got me my Haz.

I try to sub Noel, though I'm fairly sure I don't do a great job of it. And I think story-wise, her character is improving so I reckon I'll be liking her a bit more. And someday I'd like to learn Rachel and Makoto, though I don't have many opinions of them story-wise.

I don't mean to get too off-topic, but anyone else hyped for Chrono Phantasma's new characters?! Heck, dat Terumi will be mine, and I'll give Bullet and Izayoi a shot as well.

• 1 month later...

This topic might have been forgotten but I still wanna share my experiences for the game, but before that i am more of a pc version player than the portable device (which i suck at)

Just actually began to play again cause my friend ask me to.

The big problem with playing this version is the analog stick on the left, when i start doing the pressing i will ALWAYS accidentally  hit it or touch it which makes me mad.

Favorite Character is

1. Makoto

2. Noel

3. Ragna

i love makotos animation and hitting combos so much, just (cause it is easy to do, without hitting the left analog)

and from above posts i will agree that tagar is OP, its cause of his really fat hp and high defense with is OP dmg, playing abyss or anything in the game with bots, you can win the game with tager without thinking. however he will not put up a fight in real fights i say, cause of his slow movement and atk, its really hard to use in on net battle. but nothing is OP when you have no skills, everything will seem the same, maybe one day a person from the top can play tagar and make ppl unable to win, that day i will believe he is a competitive character, at the moment i would say ragna is the hardest to deal with when versing

Wow what a old topic... but awesome game! now I cant wait to see a PS4 version!!! anyways. my favorite toons are Noel, Ragna and of course Hazama.

Pururut from
Hyperdimension Neptune Victory she is the best ^^

Sly Cooper and the Gang, iNinja, Viewtiful Joe - all of which are from my childhood!

wrong game boys.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow what a old topic... but awesome game! now I cant wait to see a PS4 version!!! anyways. my favorite toons are Noel, Ragna and of course Hazama.

wrong game boys.

just notice another post, yea old topic and the ps4 version looks awesome from the trailers!!!!! :D

but dont know how the game plays gonna be, and looking forward to the animation coming out soon!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well, from my name, it should be kinda obvious I'm gonna say Hazama. Naturally, I main him, but I'm so used to that goddamn chain I suck balls with nearly every other character, but hey, I got me my Haz.

I try to sub Noel, though I'm fairly sure I don't do a great job of it. And I think story-wise, her character is improving so I reckon I'll be liking her a bit more. And someday I'd like to learn Rachel and Makoto, though I don't have many opinions of them story-wise.

I don't mean to get too off-topic, but anyone else hyped for Chrono Phantasma's new characters?! Heck, dat Terumi will be mine, and I'll give Bullet and Izayoi a shot as well.

Hell yes!!!!

Ready doesn't even FUGGIN' DESCRIBE IT!!!!

I'm going to be all over Kagura, like the first man that decided they would milk a cow!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm trying to main as Hakumen. What pulled me about him is his Drive attack, Zashin? (Whatever it's called, it's awesome)

Because you never know when your going to fight a person that spams attacks, the drive is essentially useful for opening

that one small window of opportunity.

Combo-wise, it's a little difficult without any magatama beads, but I'm getting the hang of it. I think a good amount of beads

should be a maximum of 3, that way you can pull off "Lotus" and immediately after the wall bounce go for a 214A, then finish

off with either a 4C or a 6C.

It's tricky, though. Regardless, playing as Hakumen is fun. Although his Distortions are.... kind of useless, because everyone knows

that it's a bad idea to come at Hakumen when he has 4+ Magatama.

T^T And don't even get me started on his Astral conditions.

I seem to have switched from playing as Hakumen to mainling Ragna.

I started favoring rushdown characters as of late.

i really like tager 

but lambda  11 is awesome xD Mu is good too.

between ragna and jin i choose jin.

Ragna's Raw Power and Jin's elegance......

Jin's Ice moves are definitely more useful than Ragna's Wall Tactics.