DLC on Disc

Source - http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/05/why-the-twelve-vita-characters-are-on-the-street-fighter-x-tekken-console-disc/

We already knew the PS3 DLC character was on the Disc and they was going to be free, but it turns out that the 12 extra Character for Vita already are on SF X Tekken Consol disc.

Capcom responses to the question of why the 12 Vita Character was on the disc:

“Capcom has confirmed that 12 new fan-favorite characters will be available as Downloadable Content (DLC) on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC versions of Street Fighter X Tekken later this year. The playable characters will make their debut on the PS Vita system when the game is released this fall, with the console and PC versions receiving them as DLC soon after. The character information and files were intentionally included on retail versions of the PS3 and Xbox 360 game to save hard drive space and to ensure for a smooth transition when the DLC is available, allowing players who choose not to purchase the content the ability to play against players that did.”

Guess I will wait for Ultimate SF X Tekken get's released.

Note: Haven't been confirm, but I would guess Capcom also have place the Costume DLC on Disc.

Just like I said on PS3T how is this such a bad thing, at least the content is there in the event that there's some sort of nuclear melt-down, not to mention PS3 users are always complaining how they hate to wait for downloads to finish.

The roster is already huge. You act like they're charging for online or to see a final ending or something.

You should be thankful that the budget all the characters and plan for the DLC, otherwise said characters would never been developed and never have been on the disc in the first place.

No I don't work for Capcom, I'm just tired of this god damn Capcom lynch-mob bullcrap.

Why don't people spend time with the characters that we are going to get available from the start before we start crying about how something is foul.

What's annoying to me is seeing those big-three (Best Buy, Amazon, and Gamestop) preorder offers that all offer a different piece of in-game content that you can't get later. At least in this situation, the DLC characters are on the disc for all the POS hackers to play with (or in case the Internet is shut down by the government, consumers will still be able to hack their way into having all the characters), or available later for the small population of gamers who aren't embarrassed to actually further support a developer with DLC options.

Everyone is acting like Capcom is demanding their first born son or sneaking into retirement homes and taking Grandmother's medications. WTF.

Yeah "pirates" like they're an underground rebel society looking out for us people.

No, they fucked us ALL over because now Capcom will never put that kind of content on the disc so it will never be available for anyone, and you're just as bad for spreading the news around without putting an opinion down on paper.

So in the future all the such DLC characters will have to be downloaded, no ifs-ands-or-buts, and we only have ourselves to blame not Capcom--so these characters will be more hush-hush and then several months down the road later they'll surprise us, "Oh hey we made this post-game content" and they'll have to lie to us fans because if they were honest, jackasses on the internet would tear them apart like hungry rabid wolves.

There's no hero here, only people making things worse. Someone "retaliated" against Capcom by including hidden content on the disc, I hope someone "retaliates" against them by sending a hefty fine and possibly a short jail sentence their way.

Don't pretend you don't understand these analogies.

The issues is that Capcom already have finish the DLC before releasing the game and you will have to pay to Unlock the 12 Vita Character on Consol version.

It would like, if you play FFXIII-2 and after completing Episode 1 would it ask you $5 to unlock Episode 2.

No that is nothing like that at all, that is a terrible analogy and comparison...

It's more like releasing a game like FFXIII-2 and having it the same length and content as FFXIII but then having to pay more money for post-game content like extra dungeons but they also have those dungeons on the disc but you are actually required to pay to get the DLC unlock which would only take a few mintues to download as opposed to 40-50 minutes.

SF4 had 25 characters.

I'm not sure how many are actually on SF x Tekken and how many are locked, but there are 41 listed on eventhubs.com.

Minus 12 that's still 29 characters, 4 more than SF4, but a different battle system and new characters for the same price.

Again correct me if I'm wrong, but who's being greedy here?

No that is nothing like that at all, that is a terrible analogy and comparison...

It's more like releasing a game like FFXIII-2 and having it the same length and content as FFXIII but then having to pay more money for post-game content like extra dungeons but they also have those dungeons on the disc but you are actually required to pay to get the DLC unlock which would only take a few mintues to download as opposed to 40-50 minutes.

SF4 had 25 characters.

I'm not sure how many are actually on SF x Tekken and how many are locked, but there are 41 listed on eventhubs.com.

Minus 12 that's still 29 characters, 4 more than SF4, but a different battle system and new characters for the same price.

Again correct me if I'm wrong, but who's being greedy here?

Capcom.

• 3 weeks later...

Capcom.

Yes, I agree. If you are going to shell out $50-60 for a game, gives us everything you have to offer in the damn game. I already have SSF4. I'm not going to buy the AE DLC. I'm not buying SFxTK either. They are all the same stuff. Stop buying things made by Capcom and they will stop making them so rapidly. They get one game from me per console per generation. That's it.

Yes, I agree. If you are going to shell out $50-60 for a game, gives us everything you have to offer in the damn game. I already have SSF4. I'm not going to buy the AE DLC. I'm not buying SFxTK either. They are all the same stuff. Stop buying things made by Capcom and they will stop making them so rapidly. They get one game from me per console per generation. That's it.

Basically this, I don't buy Capcom games right away, I either rent or wait till they drop to $15. Why buy the DLC sure it re balances the game and adds four characaters but if your not serious about getting good in the game there is no reason to shell out extra cash on something that won't benefit you.

Sounds like they did it for player convenience and a bit of profit to me. I'm really starting to miss the days where gamers didn't tear everything apart so they could bitch about it. I've said this before and I'll say it again... Capcom releasing and rereleasing and rerereleasing a game isn't anything new, they've been doing it for years and years, if you go out and buy a day one release from them (especially a fighting game) then you are doing it knowing the risk that's involved. There's a 99% chance that for one reason or another you're going to be playing an inferior/incomplete version of the game within a year. Be it DLC or a "super version" or a gold/GOTY edition or whatever... buyer beware.

Sounds like they did it for player convenience and a bit of profit to me. I'm really starting to miss the days where gamers didn't tear everything apart so they could bitch about it. I've said this before and I'll say it again... Capcom releasing and rereleasing and rerereleasing a game isn't anything new, they've been doing it for years and years, if you go out and buy a day one release from them (especially a fighting game) then you are doing it knowing the risk that's involved. There's a 99% chance that for one reason or another you're going to be playing an inferior/incomplete version of the game within a year. Be it DLC or a "super version" or a gold/GOTY edition or whatever... buyer beware.

You mean you miss the days when there wasn't a public place to bitch about it. I have been bitching about it since I was a kid. That's where I got the "One game per console, per generation" from. And you're right, this is nothing new. That is why I am fed up with Capcom's shit.