Super Stardust Ultra Coming to PS4 in 2015

Parker

Hi PlayStation fans. I’m excited to announce that Super Stardust Ultra is blasting its way onto PS4 in early 2015 for $12.99!

15939061781_e166ebb7be_z.jpg

For those of you who aren’t familiar with the Super Stardust series, the critically acclaimed Super Stardust HD by talented developer Housemarque was originally released on PS3 in 2007, followed up on PSP and most recently onPS Vita as Super Stardust Delta in 2012.

This timeless shoot ‘em up has you pilot a start fighter in the depths of space, defending planets against the onslaught of enemy attacks in the midst of a deadly meteor storm. Your mission is simple: use split second timing and pure arcade skill to make every shot count and destroy everything in your path.

Super Stardust Ultra, has an array of new planets, glorious visual enhancements, and includes no less than nine different game modes, including new modes and established favorites from the series and its various add-ons.

With the PS4 socially connected features, you can now show the world your skills in the new Interactive Streaming game mode, letting your viewers vote periodically to change up your gameplay as they watch.

15915214126_736fd204c4_n.jpg15941015935_e92480ac76_n.jpg

Because Super Stardust has always been about achieving high scores, we have added the feature that allows you to directly send and receive challenges from your online friends; or you can simply compare your scores across the global leaderboards.

If you don’t fancy flying solo, you can also compete against friends in 2-4 player split-screen battles or team up in co-op mode.

Super Stardust Ultra has been developed by D3T and XDEV and this latest edition in the Super Stardust series brings the spirit of Stardust to PS4 with new features, new gameplay, incredible depth and variety, and the best graphics possible, making it the most definitive and best version of Stardust ever!

Keep checking back for more Super Stardust Ultra news, as we’ll have updates and a release date for you all very soon.

Source: PlayStation Blog

This is awesome news. I'm a big fan of the Stardust series so it is great to see a game coming to the PS4. 

Parker

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the thread necromancy...

To anybody who owns Super Stardust Ultra: can you tell me what the Super Stardust Ultra VR price is for you on the PSN store? Preferably the EU store.

I have not played any of these games but the VR game is supposed to be cheaper if you already own the other game. The VR one is €20 in the store for me and the old one is €13 but the old one is on a "buy two games, get 50% off" sale for the EU now. Just wondering what the total price would be if I would buy Ultra in the sale and then VR without a sale.

Already getting Bound in the sale, just looking what other game I should buy along with it.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Sorry for the thread necromancy...

To anybody who owns Super Stardust Ultra: can you tell me what the Super Stardust Ultra VR price is for you on the PSN store? Preferably the EU store.

I have not played any of these games but the VR game is supposed to be cheaper if you already own the other game. The VR one is €20 in the store for me and the old one is €13 but the old one is on a "buy two games, get 50% off" sale for the EU now. Just wondering what the total price would be if I would buy Ultra in the sale and then VR without a sale.

Already getting Bound in the sale, just looking what other game I should buy along with it.

I own the standard Super Stardust Ultra and the VR one is showing up as £7.99 for me, which would be €9.99 on your store. So if you get the original half price it should end up being cheaper in the end, around €16.50.

You could also get the disc version which includes the standard and VR modes? I know that's going for £14 here.

Edited by dell9300
  • Like 1

I own the standard Super Stardust Ultra and the VR one is showing up as £7.99 for me, which would be €9.99 on your store. So if you get the original half price it should end up being cheaper in the end, around €16.50.

You could also get the disc version which includes the standard and VR modes? I know that's going for £14 here.

Thanks for that!

The disc version is going for €20 here so it costs more, but there is resale value to think about. It only seems to be the new game though, it says it has the original stuff "enhanced" for VR but I can find nothing about it actually containing the original game...

Thanks for that!

The disc version is going for €20 here so it costs more, but there is resale value to think about. It only seems to be the new game though, it says it has the original stuff "enhanced" for VR but I can find nothing about it actually containing the original game...

You're welcome. :)

I don't know if importing from Amazon UK is an option? With the exchange rates the way they are at the moment it would only be €15 plus whatever postage would be.

Hmm well the cover says "PlayStation VR Compatible" so it definitely can be played without VR and that lead me to believe it had the original game included but perhaps I'm mistaken. I didn't think the new VR modes could be played with a DualShock though?

You're welcome. :)

I don't know if importing from Amazon UK is an option? With the exchange rates the way they are at the moment it would only be €15 plus whatever postage would be.

Hmm well the cover says "PlayStation VR Compatible" so it definitely can be played without VR and that lead me to believe it had the original game included but perhaps I'm mistaken. I didn't think the new VR modes could be played with a DualShock though?

I'm a console gamer in part because I'm lazy :-) I could always wait for a sale on the VR game.

It says "compatible" because, even though it's called SSU VR, you should be able to play the game without VR, just like Thumper is compatible.

And yes many people fail to realise this but most VR games can be played with your regular old controller. Sony has said at some point that they want the bulk of VR games to be possible with standard controllers and while sitting down. I only started getting interested in VR when I heard that :)

I'm a console gamer in part because I'm lazy :-) I could always wait for a sale on the VR game.

It says "compatible" because, even though it's called SSU VR, you should be able to play the game without VR, just like Thumper is compatible.

And yes many people fail to realise this but most VR games can be played with your regular old controller. Sony has said at some point that they want the bulk of VR games to be possible with standard controllers and while sitting down. I only started getting interested in VR when I heard that :)

Oh right, take that as a no then. :P

Hmm so the new "VR version" can actually be played without VR and no doubt it'll have a separate trophy list. Interesting. I have no plans in getting VR but if all the trophies on this can be unlocked without one then I could end up getting it. I was sure the VR modes were VR only and the "compatible" part was referring to being able to play the original modes without. I've noticed most of the VR games say "PlayStation VR Required" on the cover though, this was one of the few that doesn't.

Oh right, take that as a no then. :P

Hmm so the new "VR version" can actually be played without VR and no doubt it'll have a separate trophy list. Interesting. I have no plans in getting VR but if all the trophies on this can be unlocked without one then I could end up getting it. I was sure the VR modes were VR only and the "compatible" part was referring to being able to play the original modes without. I've noticed most of the VR games say "PlayStation VR Required" on the cover though, this was one of the few that doesn't.

Well, we won't know for sure until someone buys it and reports here :)

There are already a couple of "compatible" titles but SSU might be the only one with a disc release :) there's Bound, Thumper, the Tomb Raider DLC...

Well, we won't know for sure until someone buys it and reports here :)

There are already a couple of "compatible" titles but SSU might be the only one with a disc release :) there's Bound, Thumper, the Tomb Raider DLC...

Yeah I'll definitely wait and keep an eye out. I have Stardust HD, Delta and Ultra so wouldn't mind another. xD

Apparently the VR portion is called Invasion Zone, and is a DLC trophy list added to the original game.

This is not a new standalone version.

Cannot be played without a VR headset, so if you own this game and want a 100% title, you've just purchased $500 of DLC.

Apparently the VR portion is called Invasion Zone, and is a DLC trophy list added to the original game.

This is not a new standalone version.

Cannot be played without a VR headset, so if you own this game and want a 100% title, you've just purchased $500 of DLC.

Actually, the new First Person portion of the game IS playable without the headset. It is "VR compatible", not "VR required".

Combined with what dell9300 and I were talking about, this should indeed mean that the disc version contains everything.

What to do, what to do...

P.S. can you list your source please? I can't find this "DLC trophy list" anywhere...

Edited by BillyHorrible

Actually, the new First Person portion of the game IS playable without the headset. It is "VR compatible", not "VR required".

Combined with what dell9300 and I were talking about, this should indeed mean that the disc version contains everything.

What to do, what to do...

P.S. can you list your source please? I can't find this "DLC trophy list" anywhere...

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/super-stardust-ultra/296962-new-dlc-trophies-added.html

The listing has also be updated to indicate camera and VR set is required

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/addons/super-stardust-ultra-vr-add-on/cid=UP9000-CUSA01560_00-SUPSTRULTADLC1US

Edited by diskdocx

Thanks fr the links. It still says "compatible" on the PSN store in my country though...

You have got to be kidding me!? This is LittleBigPlanet 2 all over again except I had a Move and a Vita. :spank: