Somebody has platted this game?

caasuaI_

• 1 month later...

It could be a developer of the game or some of those people that get the game early to try it out and write about it on magazines.

Definitely not, the episodes are developed along the way that's why there are 2-3 months of waiting between each episodes, only the script might be finished. There is no way they are done with episode 3,4 and 5. It IS trophy hacking.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Definitely not, the episodes are developed along the way that's why there are 2-3 months of waiting between each episodes, only the script might be finished. There is no way they are done with episode 3,4 and 5. It IS trophy hacking.

You have a good point, but I'm just wondering, how/why did they put the trophies for the others chapters with a tittle that give us a sort of hint in what could happen next? Idk if you get what I'm saying lol but the next chapters have to match the trophies title

You have a good point, but I'm just wondering, how/why did they put the trophies for the others chapters with a tittle that give us a sort of hint in what could happen next? Idk if you get what I'm saying lol but the next chapters have to match the trophies title

They're already done with the story, now they're just making the game. The trophy titles are probably the same titles they use to name the chapters of the story. 

• Like 1

I think it's funny that people come up with all sorts of crackpot scenarios on how someone could possibly have trophies for episodes that haven't finished development yet. I choose to use Occam's Razor in this instance, what's far more likely: That a Telltale developer just so happens to have an account both here and on PSN, and he just so happened to be the guy they tapped to test the trophies out early; or, is it far more likely that someone just hacked the trophies and thought we'd be dumb enough not to notice? Hackers are far more numerous than Telltale developers on this website, in my estimation. Plus, the guy that "had" the plat, had all the trophies with random date stamps that are impossible to get if you play an episode from start to finish. That's a hacker.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

I don't agree he's a hacker. I checked more in to his times in the second episode and the similarities between my times and his times are just too similar for him to be a hacker. Or did a hacker knew how much time it takes to get certain trophies?

Edit: I just realized I'm posting in the PS3 topic. Are we all talking about the guy that already platinumed the game on the PS4? :D Or was there another one on the PS3 trophy list? :P

Edited by QuinlanLJ

Do you know anything about game programming? :D.

some games are fully playable like 6 months before they are released. There is a LOT of things to do after the game is "completed". Which means that even if a game is fully playable, with trophy support etc, it won't be released.

I don't know this specific title, but "the game is in constant development so this cannot be legit" is completely wrong. The game could already be complete, what they are working on could be testing it, fixing bugs, crash, translating, etc. So yeah, if a developper played the game "in alpha version with trophy support" this could be completely legit.

Also, do not forget that selling the game in 5 to 6 pieces is also a selling technique. You are more likely to buy the game if you pay 5 euros every 3 month than you are if you should pay 30 euros at one time. The game could already be finished, but they sell it parts by parts to make more gamerz buy it...

• Like 2

Yes, future game episodes could already be in playable stages for Telltale staff especially for testing purposes, but future episodes are by no means finished for actual release and are developed "episodically" in some way or another.

Some examples:

• Voice acting is not all done before the first episode for a series is out (for example, Melissa Hutchison recorded her lines for episode 4 of Season Two of The Walking Dead one month before that particular episode was released and she's the player character)
  • Plot arcs and elements were entirely abandoned, revised or otherwise changed after the script for The Wolf Among Us was rewritten, affecting every episode after Episode 1 (such as the tarot cards and Detective Brannigan)
  • They have in the past taken some user feeback and jokes and used them in future episodes
  • The Road to Woodbury book for The Walking Dead caused changes to Lilly's character in the Walking Dead (she was initially supposed to be the same character as the comic book character, but the book's origin for her was different from the game's, so they removed all connections between the two characters from their website and the trophy related to her changed its name from "Woodbury-bound" to its current name).

On-topic: I'd go ahead and also say this person has not earned these trophies legit though their trophy times are not all that suspect. Even if they had played the game (whether or not it's in an unfinished state), the game is not publicly out yet and there is no logical reason why a reviewer would have been given this many episodes in advance to complete months ahead of any regular players. That would only leave the possibility of a tester or a staff member if it weren't for the PS4's unique dual list glitch when installing two games at the same time can cause trophies for another game to get popped instead. According to a post on playstationtrophies.org, this is exactly what happened: someone there said they asked this person about the platinum and were told they popped via the PS4 dual list glitch since he installed The Wolf Among Us at the same time.

• Like 1

Also, do not forget that selling the game in 5 to 6 pieces is also a selling technique. You are more likely to buy the game if you pay 5 euros every 3 month than you are if you should pay 30 euros at one time. The game could already be finished, but they sell it parts by parts to make more gamerz buy it...

The selling trick in this case isn't for you to pay a little bit of money over time, because most people get the season pass. This is a nice way to get income while finishing the game. One thing would be release them one every month or something, just to drag out the experience, much like some people actually like to wait for the next episode of a series on TV. I've seen people complain when it's all available day-one at netflix, they've watched it all in one go. This way you can enjoy it more over time and it doesn't stay out it's welcome etc. They've had plenty of problems finishing the games on time before, and it has taken forever for them to release the next episode now. The next episode may be close to done now, but not like 2-3 months ago. :P I think the problem is more the PS4 glitch.

Edited by MMDE