Chris Benoit will get you banned

Dr_Mayus

I was going to comment saying how stupidly specific that is, but after reading the article, it actually kind of makes sense. Seems rather tasteless to recreate someone with a history like that, but I can't say I haven't done similar on Saints Row, so whatever the devs allow is okay with me.

• Like 1

It still bothers me that his activities on his last day of living now make it near impossible to relish in the great things he did during his professional wrestling performances.

I think his last "activities" trump his stupid little wrestling skits.

Edited by DFailureK

I think his last "activities" trump his stupid little wrestling skits.

I don't think so.

Is Thriller any less of a song? Is the Cosby Show any less funny? Is Chinatown any less of a movie?

Benoit was one of the greatest technical Wrestlers of all times (I don't know why you brought up the skits as Benoit wasn't really known for his mic skills). Should he be put into the Hall of Fame...no, but should his abilities in the ring or his classic matches be forgotten...also no.

• Like 2

I don't think so.

Is Thriller any less of a song? Is the Cosby Show any less funny? Is Chinatown any less of a movie?

Benoit was one of the greatest technical Wrestlers of all times (I don't know why you brought up the skits as Benoit wasn't really known for his mic skills). Should he be put into the Hall of Fame...no, but should his abilities in the ring or his classic matches be forgotten...also no.

It's the classic goatfucker story. He did a lot of admirable things, but it's the one big shocker that he's going to be known for, sadly.

• Like 2

Very sad indeed. Seemed like a great guy, other than the fact he murdered 2 people.

Hey, it's not like I'm defending him. I'm just speaking for the people who cared about his wrestling days. And I wasn't using "sadly" in a sympathetic way, it was supposed to come off as a "that's life" kind of thing, but of course, tone and intent are nigh impossible to transmit over the internet.

I don't think so.

I still remember his rise to the main event of WrestleMania XX as one of the greatest storylines in the WWE. Seeing him survive the Royal Rumble from the #1 spot and celebrate with Eddie Guerrero at the end of Wrestlemania was awesome. There was also that rivalry where he mocked Orlando Jordan's title loss of less than a minute. However, I cringe everytime I recall Benoit do a diving headbutt as that probably contributed to the murder-suicide. Benoit probably was, ironically, the greatest US Champion the WWE ever had and improve wrestlers like MVP and probably influenced the likes of Daniel Bryan. The Benoit that killed his family and himself is shameful, but Benoit the wrestler is still an example of what wrestlers should strive to match or overcome in technical skills.

WWE trying to distance itself from Benoit makes a bit of sense given that tragedy and I doubt this would change in a few decades. Next year would be the 10 year anniversary of Eddie Guerrero's death and hopefully WWE will honor his death without exploitation like having Guerrero as DLC.

• Like 2

Holy shit, what's wrong with some of you people?  It's not like he went on some racist tirade, or selfishly killed himself with an overdose on something, where it's "unfortunate" but it shouldn't overshadow his talent and the good he did.  The guy fucking sadistically murdered his wife and autistic son.  He's a piece of trash.  I don't care how much he made you giggle and smile as he rolled around with people in a wrestling ring.

He's remembered exactly the way he should be.

Edited by DFailureK
  • Like 1

I still remember his rise to the main event of WrestleMania XX as one of the greatest storylines in the WWE. Seeing him survive the Royal Rumble from the #1 spot and celebrate with Eddie Guerrero at the end of Wrestlemania was awesome.

I don't really remember that match

2pzn245.jpg

I do recall something about Randy Orton getting the title later though

28v7kg9.jpg

Holy shit, what's wrong with some of you people?  It's not like he went on some racist tirade, or selfishly killed himself with an overdose on something, where it's "unfortunate" but it shouldn't overshadow his talent and the good he did.  The guy fucking sadistically murdered his wife and autistic son.  He's a piece of trash.  I don't care how much he made you giggle and smile as he rolled around with people in a wrestling ring.

He's remembered exactly the way he should be.

He's brain was damaged. It was in the condision of an 80 year old with alzheimers disease.

He's brain was damaged. It was in the condision of an 80 year old with alzheimers disease.

Hmm... that does seem to be the case doesn't it?  Well, then I suppose I retract my comments.  Tough to fault the guy if he's barely clinging to his mind.

Edited by DFailureK

I'm shocked to see a generaly uptight forum that's full of users who get butthurt about everything be so forgiving to a murderer just because he was good at oiling himself up and hugging other men.

What a weird break down of a professional sport? That is like calling a Baseball player "good at hitting things with sticks" or a runner as "good at putting one foot in front of another"

I don't get why people take the phrase "wrestling is fake" to mean "wrestlers have no athletic abilities" The term Wrestling is fake means that the outcomes are planned out. The rest is pretty real.

oCfMGy6.gif

tumblr_ndrvq6lROm1shobijo1_250.gif

tumblr_muox2jA1er1rnjfjfo1_400.gif

• Like 4

What a weird break down of a professional sport? That is like calling a Baseball player "good at hitting things with sticks" or a runner as "good at putting one foot in front of another"

I don't get why people take the phrase "wrestling is fake" to mean "wrestlers have no athletic abilities" The term Wrestling is fake means that the outcomes are planned out. The rest is pretty real.

I think he's just exaggerating to emphasize how unimportant a sport or game is compared to the very real, very tragic thing that happened with Benoit and his family.

Edited by DFailureK

I think he's just exaggerating to emphasize how unimportant a sport or game is compared to the very real, very tragic thing that happened with Benoit and his family.

Maybe, but a lot of people actually think "it is fake". It is predetermined and the wrestlers aren't trying to actually hurt each other, but unfortunately it is a very real sport where people do get very seriously hurt. Benoit was messed up in the head and that doesn't excuse what he did (because trust me that is a horrible horrible thing) but he wasn't of sound mind when he did it.

Anyways this thread was more about warning people about getting their accounts banned, and not about the athleticism of professional wrestling.

Edited by Dr_Mayus

It's very understandable. He was such a great wrestler. He was one of my favorites. It's a shame he will always be remembered for what he did, rather than for his professional career. Everything he accomplished just wiped away in an instant by the WWE. But again, it's understandable.  

Edited by LilSeba55