Servers aren't working. Please post here!

willmill97

Hello, as I'm sure most of you know, the servers for this game haven't been working since November 11th as seen from the only online trophy 'Exotica', currently making the 100% impossible. 

If any of you could post on this thread on the EA forums that would be great, because then maybe we can get the servers working again. I'd highly appreciate anyone to post on here, even if you don't own the game, saying the servers aren't working.

Back in June, the Bulletstorm servers closed 12 days before they were meant to, and EA saw a thread on the forums here and the amount of people complaining and they got them working again.

Here is the thread on the EA forums: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/Need-for-Speed-Shift-Servers/m-p/4080600/highlight/false#M24887

Thank you all.

• Like 1

Are they completely offline? My only troubles with the online was connecting to it at times. A temporary solution is signing out of EA Nation, then back in. That usually does it. Or just getting back on the game at a later time. But yea this game has the worst online connectivity of all NFS games.

Are they completely offline? My only troubles with the online was connecting to it at times. A temporary solution is signing out of EA Nation, then back in. That usually does it. Or just getting back on the game at a later time. But yea this game has the worst online connectivity of all NFS games.

Yes completely. Try getting on them now and you just won't connect. Have a look at the latest achievers for Exotica. 

Have tried 3 times to make EA understand I'm not the only gamer who is unable to connect to the servers, their answer: You have a problem with your router, there are other players who are able to connect, contact your ISP. I've tried with my internet home connection and with my 4G connection using my cellphone and still not possible to connect to the server. EA sucks!

You all guys should post your complaint here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Ga...t/false#M25219

Edited by David_Auza

Ok guys it is time to DO SOMETHING:

First:

Go to this link and report that you are unable to go online, and that you have tried everything they asked for (if true):

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new...ormance-issues

Second:

(If you buyed the game recently or the DLC) Go to this link and report the problem arguing that you are asking for warranty because the servers just don't work. Argue that you guys checked the servers closing roster before buying the game and you found the servers were still online, but they doesn't work at all:

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new...egory=warranty

Third:

Please check this and post your complaint too:

Re: Need for Speed: Shift - Servers? - Page 12 - Answer HQ

Fourth:

Click the link below:

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new...hnical-support

And ask your advisor to READ THIS:

Re: Need for Speed: Shift - Servers? - Page 12 - Answer HQ

PLEASE DO ALL STEPS AND WE'LL MAKE THIS WORK.

WE CAN DO IT PARTNERS, WE HAVE DONE IT BEFORE. LET'S DO THIS!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey partners. Servers and matchmaking are partially working. Try the following: Turn on the PS3, go to the game and try to go online in an unranked match. If it displays the error, go to the options - online - EA nation - Sign Out. Then again, options - online - EA nation - Sign In. Try this as many times as necessary and it should work. I got Exotica finally last night. GOOD LUCK!

Edited by David_Auza

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Servers are offline once again, same message as before

- Edit - Restart of the game solved it this time, but best make sure you get it quick. Might indicate servers are going down again

Edited by BastiaanOverpelt

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's good to know that the servers aren't down for this yet. That surprises me considering it's been out for 6 years and there has been a Need For Speed released every year since then. I finished doing the Career Mode the other week and though it was brilliant so I might do Online to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

It's good to know that the servers aren't down for this yet. That surprises me considering it's been out for 6 years and there has been a Need For Speed released every year since then. I finished doing the Career Mode the other week and though it was brilliant so I might do Online to check it out.

Lemme know if the online works for you if you try. I'm getting a stupid error message anytime I try to go online. Worried I may not be able to get the 1 online trophy this game requires it for.