Yakuza 5 releases to the west December 8th

Senbon Kaguya

Finally! Now people can shut up and stop complaining all over YouTube crying about not having a Western release of Yakuza games. People are so lazy these days.

They could have bought the Japanese version of the game on play-Asia at least and learn some Japanese or follow a guide instead of wasting time for a total of 2/3 years complaining and crying on every Yakuza video for a West release.

I suppose you'd be okay with an entry in your favorite IP not being localized for 2 years and be totally fine with going out of your way to learn Japanese, one of the hardest languages to learn? Of course people are going to want a localization for an entry in an IP that they love.

• Like 2

Yeah Lilith : D that's what I did since I saw how long they were taking. I imported the JP version and honestly enjoyed the game that way while paying more attention to the cut-scenes too. And also used a guide for the controls.

Just like back in the days when you played a JP import game that wasn't in English and you had to use a gaming magazine and find a guide to understand lol. It's just fun to me.

Fair enough.  Honestly I suck horribly at using translation guides for Japanese games, even though I had a great guide for Yakuza 5.  That and my school was stupid and had crap like French and Latin instead of offering Japanese.  Spanish, I can understand, since this is California, but French? Had it offered Japanese, you bet I would have played through this and other JP games (Saturn comes to mind), though I'd still probably buy the US version to support more Yakuza.

• 2 weeks later...

YEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!! My excitement!...is so high i can't even speak loudly. I LOVE the Yakuza series, personally one of my favourites and im sooo glad Yakuza 5 is coming outside of Japan. Can hardly contain it all but atleast my inner Yakuza fanboy can rest easy now.

Edited by Lord Sheogorath

• 5 months later...

Still don't get why they kept everybody in the dark with updates for this for a while.

Was hoping for that summer release, but eh, I can wait 'til Fall

Yeah, its been months since we had news so I'm happy we got something.

Hopefully it'll sell well so we may end up getting Ishin and Zero.. and the HD collection.

Edited by Tail Red
  • Like 1

It's mainly disappointing because i just re-bought a PS3 a few days ago thinking it would be out in the summer, i also have the money waiting in my PSN account to buy the game.

Oh well, Fall is fine, i just hope there's no more delays.

• Like 3

It's mainly disappointing because i just re-bought a PS3 a few days ago thinking it would be out in the summer, i also have the money waiting in my PSN account to buy the game.

Oh well, Fall is fine, i just hope there's no more delays.

I don't think there will be anymore, at least I hope. I need my Yakuza fuel.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright! Got to to retake this saga soon!

Do it. I plan on platinuming all the games in the series 'cause I love it that much.

Only found out about this today and it's great news. I love Yakuza 3, it's pure gold... now I need to get both Yakuza 4 and 5 :P

Sure do! Yakuza 3's final boss theme is amazing and I like how they started doing the boss scenes in later games after that.

Edited by Anceril Sacred

Hi guys I know I am amongst a lot of Yakuza fans and I want to know what is appealing from this game? I have always seen it as the Japanese GTA with lower production values. I know I am wrong but I wanted more specific opinions about what makes this game stand out!

Hi guys I know I am amongst a lot of Yakuza fans and I want to know what is appealing from this game? I have always seen it as the Japanese GTA with lower production values. I know I am wrong but I wanted more specific opinions about what makes this game stand out!

What draws me into the Yakuza series is multiple things. One is the story, I love the story and as do other people. They've managed to carve out an awesome narrative throughout all the games that have come out, even for the non-canon games like Yakuza Kenzan or Ishin. I honestly feel like it's well written dialogue and it can captivate you when you start the game. Yakuza 1 was the first game to come out but with Yakuza 3 and onwards, they actually give you recap videos and summarize what happened in the earlier games. I recommend you start out with 3 at least because it kicks the series off with being the first PS3 game within the series and it's an awesome game in general. Unless you have a PS2 and you want to get the english copies of Yakuza 1 and 2. (I personally found the voice acting meh in the english releases). Japan has Yakuza 1 & 2 HD (which a lot of Yakuza fans seriously want).

Another point for me would have to be the gameplay. I love smashing mooks with interactable objects, like sledgehammers or slashing through them with katanas. You can also make your own weapons/armor which brings even more variety to the fight. Like Pepper Tonfas or a really powerful Golf club that can knock the wind out of almost any enemy in the game. Then there's the HEAT moves which are the special moves of these games. There are many different HEAT moves, ranging from objects in the area you're fighting in, to say like grabbing somebody and kicking their face into a wall or throwing them by their legs into other people. Going through them and trying to find ones you never did is pretty awesome, like one of my favorites where Kiryu just stands there and then he tosses his cigarette at the enemy and then punches the shit out of them.

Here's a cool one with Akiyama using a weapon heat move in Yakuza 4.

ipCNqrnmNNy1f.gif

I have 2 last points as well. Boss fights and music. The boss fights in these games are amazing, especially with how the HEAT moves play out during key parts of the fights and you can approach the bosses in different ways to take them down. The music during the boss fights is kickass as well, like this one theme.

The games' other OSTs hold up on their own, like the Karaoke songs, the regular mook fight songs, and so on. I feel like I could talk more about this game because I love it to death and me and a lot of other people are finally glad/hyped to see that the west is getting Yakuza 5. If you like the games' enough, pick up Yakuza 5 when it comes out to the west to support the series! I really hope we get Ishin and Zero.. hell most of the Yakuza games we've never got!

Edited by Anceril Sacred
  • Like 1