Yakuza 5 releases to the west December 8th

Senbon Kaguya

Available for pre-order on US store @ $39.99 or $33.99 with PS Plus. You can also get a PS3 theme as a pre-order bonus so that's cool. Release date listed as 12/31/2015 but that's obviously a placeholder.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/yakuza-5/cid=UP0177-NPUB31658_00-YAKUZA5000000001

However there's still nothing to do with Yakuza 5 on the European PlayStation store...  :rolleyes:

Oooh, finally man! Ready to throw all my money at this.. hopefully you guys get the preorder up soon. Adding this to the OP. :)

Eyyy an Anamanaguchi fan!

I've yet to start playing these games, are they supposed to be played in order?

The games actually give a retcon summary of what happens as they go down the line. I'm sure Yakuza 5 will tell what happened in 4 and so on. But no, you can choose any like starcrunch said and have so much fun. Now we just need Ishin and Zero.. the badass Majima gameplay and young Kiryu. <3

Edited by Cielle
  • Like 1

Any news on whether or not a physical release is coming? I searched high & low and I can only ever find closed petitions or people arguing on message boards about the subject.

Most likely not sadly. :(

I really would like to have a physical version of the localized version. I am importing the Japanese copy later on though. Now maybe we can get Zero, Ishin and the 1&2 HD collection afterwards.. I wanna stack all the Yakuza games and enjoy them time and time again.

How does the theme look?

I want to preorder it but since I'm a bit low on funds, I want to make sure it's worth it (even if I know that it being a Yakuza game makes it already worth it).  :D

Its a static theme with Kiryu, Saejima, Shinada, Akiyama and Haruka in the background plus other characters from the game.  Other then that, it gives the icons a neat looking yakuza feel to them (they're red and sorta wavy).

I would love a dynamic Yakuza theme though. :P

I wanna stack all the Yakuza games and enjoy them time and time again.

Lol That's exactly what I did when I got RGG0. Ironically it couldn't even fit into the shot. :facepalm:

n0lsFy3l.jpg

Even though I don't really care for digital purchases too much, I'm going to double dip for Yakuza 5.

Wait, won't there be no install theme because it needs to be fully installed before you can play it?

They might do what they did for Yakuza 0 on the PS4 and just put the install movie(?) in the cutscene menu. That's what I hope they do anyway.

• Like 1

Lol That's exactly what I did when I got RGG0. Ironically it couldn't even fit into the shot. :facepalm:

Even though I don't really care for digital purchases too much, I'm going to double dip for Yakuza 5.

Another Yakuza fan! :D

And I meant platinum them all but I will definitely stack every single game like that.. I need to find copies of Yakuza 1 and 2 for the PS2 even though I'm getting the HD collection anyway.

Edited by Cielle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yakuza 5 to release in mid-November! Official statement from SEGA can be found on OP, changing thread title as well.

200_s.gif

As soon as I get some money (and the price hopefully drops a littlle) I'm getting this yes or yes :D

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1