Game's now free to download

TeabagMcFrag

Actually, they are a lot, lot harder than they look. Don't underestimate the difficulty of the speedruns and time trials ;)

oh god you're right

i got the game for free too and ugh!....... if you you mange to beat AT LEAST the speedrun of chapter 2 than i can say " congratulation sir / ma'am! you got mirror's edge platinum "

it's not actually the difficulty of the game or the shitty short timer that make the speedruns and time trials so hard, it's the confused and tedious layout of the levels and the broken melee combat ( sometimes f****** faith don't do what you wanted, cheap deaths like at some places the tint of the white bright color goes crazy on roof tops resulting that the players will not tell the differences between a wall of a building far away from the floor where there's a a deadly gap between them ) congratulation DICE! you just got a new hater :angry:  

I know a few people who missed out on these free games - in case any of you don't know you can do this if you have no time to download but want the free game: 

Go to the Playstation store online. Log in. Find the free game(s) you want. Stick them in your cart then proceed to checkout. After you get your free games, they will be immediately on your download list. For any system too. Whenever you get have the time, memory space or desire to play that free game, go to your download list and start! I had to do that for the Need For Speed on Vita - have no room but plan on getting a new card soon, will download it then. =)

Great deal from EA and about Mirror's Edge trophy list.. it's going to make me pull my hair out. Can't wait!

• Like 2

oh god you're right

i got the game for free too and ugh!....... if you you mange to beat AT LEAST the speedrun of chapter 2 than i can say " congratulation sir / ma'am! you got mirror's edge platinum "

it's not actually the difficulty of the game or the shitty short timer that make the speedruns and time trials so hard, it's the confused and tedious layout of the levels and the broken melee combat ( sometimes f****** faith don't do what you wanted, cheap deaths like at some places the tint of the white bright color goes crazy on roof tops resulting that the players will not tell the differences between a wall of a building far away from the floor where there's a a deadly gap between them ) congratulation DICE! you just got a new hater  :angry:  

I managed Chapter 2 in the end hehe. That one is very hard, purely because it is long and you can only afford one or two deaths I think? There's so many areas to screw up and the game does require a shedload of precision - which reflects the art of free-running as the game says.

I personally love the layout of the levels, it's just not exactly brilliant on the first playthrough because you'll be sitting there idling helplessly, working out the puzzle of which barrier connects to the next and so on. Only once you've gotten used to it can you enjoy the flow of your movement.

Speedruns are just there to p*** you off in my opinion aha. Reserved for only the very skillful. There's no way you'll be able to string all of them with no retries and whatnot. Gotta keep playing to find the fastest routes. Look up some Mirror Edge tutorials if you're struggling, particularly Chapter 2 (it doesn't get any harder than that fortunately, well, except the last one.)

Even though the percentage of users who've successfully platinum'd this game is not extremely low, I salute you. This game is very largely skill dependent.

I managed Chapter 2 in the end hehe. That one is very hard, purely because it is long and you can only afford one or two deaths I think? There's so many areas to screw up and the game does require a shedload of precision - which reflects the art of free-running as the game says.

I personally love the layout of the levels, it's just not exactly brilliant on the first playthrough because you'll be sitting there idling helplessly, working out the puzzle of which barrier connects to the next and so on. Only once you've gotten used to it can you enjoy the flow of your movement.

Speedruns are just there to p*** you off in my opinion aha. Reserved for only the very skillful. There's no way you'll be able to string all of them with no retries and whatnot. Gotta keep playing to find the fastest routes. Look up some Mirror Edge tutorials if you're struggling, particularly Chapter 2 (it doesn't get any harder than that fortunately, well, except the last one.)

Even though the percentage of users who've successfully platinum'd this game is not extremely low, I salute you. This game is very largely skill dependent.

that asshole of a chopper in chapter 2, somehow whether the game is glitched on me or the the idiot pilot of it became very skilled driver all of a sudden, it followed me inside the damn drain and killed me, not once, but 8 freak'n times!

i snapped a picture of it with my cellphone too, but i still don't know how you can post pictures on this site.  

that asshole of a chopper in chapter 2, somehow whether the game is glitched on me or the the idiot pilot of it became very skilled driver all of a sudden, it followed me inside the damn drain and killed me, not once, but 8 freak'n times!

i snapped a picture of it with my cellphone too, but i still don't know how you can post pictures on this site.  

Hate to sound like a bit of a d*** but ironically, some of my very rare trophies have gone ultra rare instead! xDD

Edited by OviixeFFecTz