New PS4 Bundle Lets You Choose One of Four Hit Titles for $399.99

Lady Lilith

15961699605_1a70c3b0fd_z.jpg

At PlayStation, we strive to provide the best place to play. And with the holiday shopping season in full swing, we have the perfect item for those of you with PS4 on your shopping list. Starting today, we have a new PS4 bundle that will include a 500GB PS4 system and your choice of one of four of these blockbuster PS4 games: DestinyFar Cry 4,LittleBigPlanet 3, or NBA2K15. The “Four Games. One Pick. PlayStation 4 Bundle” is available in the U.S. for $399.99 (MSRP).

As soon as you pick up this new PS4 bundle, head to http://redeem.us.playstation.com and use the included voucher to choose your game. You’ll then get another code to use on the PlayStation Store to download the game you selected.

• Destiny – The ultimate Destiny experience is on PS4, with exclusive content including an additional multiplayer map, Strike mission, an expanded repository of exotic weapons and gear, and player ships. Don’t forget, the first Destiny expansion, The Dark Below, is coming out on Dec 9, and it includes exclusive content for PlayStation gamers: a new Strike, The Undying Mind, and an exotic shotgun, The 4th Horseman. Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below will be available for $19.99.
  • Far Cry 4 – A game many are calling a contender for game of the year, Far Cry 4 will take you on a breathtaking adventure through the perilous and wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the regime of a despotic self-appointed king. PS4’s exclusive “Keys to Kyrat” feature allows you to send up to 10 keys to your PSN friends, so they can join you in Kyrat for a two-hour online co-op session, even if they don’t own a copy of the game.
  • NBA 2K15 – Featuring NBA MVP Kevin Durant on the cover, NBA 2K15 hits the court with unprecedented life-like graphics, ultra-realistic NBA gameplay, and more. PS4 owners will get an exclusive 10,000 VC Bonus, and PlayStation Plus members also get a MyTeam Card Pack.
  • Little Big Planet 3 – Join Sackboy and his new burlap gang in their newest adventure, and build new levels of your own using more than 70 brand new tools to create more expansive adventures.

We are super excited to launch this bundle just in time for the holidays, as it really offers something for everyone. For those of you who haven’t yet jumped into the PS4 world – now’s the time. And for those that are already PS4 owners – spread the love and engage in a little friendly competition. We hope you’ll enjoy this holiday season with lots of gaming time with your friends and family. With these great titles to choose from, let us know which game you’d pick in the comment section below. Happy holidays!

I'm not sure if I'd call NBA 2K15 a "hit", but other than that, this seems like a very solid bundle.

Surprisingly enough, I believe that NBA is the only one of the four that is being currently received as an overall flop.

However, I couldn't see myself picking up anything other than Far Cry 4 if overall savings is concerned. Destiny is already running at around $40 through holiday sales (and already has a bundle with a currently exclusive console coloring), and I can imagine that LBP3 will also follow suit in the near future with a temporary price drop; though for some reason, Far Cry 4 doesn't appear to have any scheduled price drops (that I've seen), outside of the ambiguous "All games xx% off" sales.

Nevertheless, it's nice to see them toss out some options, as opposed to the other "you buy this, you get these" bundles that they do all the time, this year included.

• Like 1

If by some miracle I can get this bundle for Christmas, I'd probably choose LittleBigPlanet 3 since I don't care enough for the series to have to have a physical copy. That, and I've gotten the other two LittleBigPlanet games for free digitally as well, so might as well continue the tradition.

Edited by godzillaboy100

Hopefully NBA lovers won't kill me, but... am I the only one who thinks that NBA doesn't really fit this company of games...?

You're not the only one.  It seems like a bit of an odd choice to me, especially if we're going by blockbusters.  I guess it was the only sports game they could get to agree to this?  

Still, this isn't a bad deal.  I already have a PS4, but if I were going to pick a title, I'd probably pick Far Cry 4.

Well, they already have The Last of Us and GTA5 in other bundles, after that they're pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel on the blockbuster definition. The guy was probably like "Fuck, I need a fourth blockbuster for this bundle and I got nothing. Fuck it, throw NBA 2K15 in there, I'm going to lunch."

• Like 3

Well, they already have The Last of Us and GTA5 in other bundles, after that they're pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel on the blockbuster definition. The guy was probably like "Fuck, I need a fourth blockbuster for this bundle and I got nothing. Fuck it, throw NBA 2K15 in there, I'm going to lunch."

They could still choose something like Watch_Dogs/Infamous xD

They could still choose something like Watch_Dogs/Infamous xD

Yeah, but Far Cry 4 is somewhat similar to both of those.  I think the idea here was that they wanted a sports game so they could attract a lot of different types of gamers.  I mean, I think those 2 titles would've been smarter, but I think I see what they're going for here.

Yeah, but Far Cry 4 is somewhat similar to both of those.  I think the idea here was that they wanted a sports game so they could attract a lot of different types of gamers.  I mean, I think those 2 titles would've been smarter, but I think I see what they're going for here.

I get that, but in that case, FIFA would make more sense.

In a few weeks you'll have infamous in the IGC, so that one probably doesn't count.

Well... it's just First Light, not Second Son.

Infamous SS and Knack will likely be the first PS4 games free for Plus.

First? PS4 has been getting IGC game for like half a year.

And if you mean first in 2015 then that's gonna be First Light and The Swapper.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I get that, but in that case, FIFA would make more sense.

Well... it's just First Light, not Second Son.

First? PS4 has been getting IGC game for like half a year.

And if you mean first in 2015 then that's gonna be First Light and The Swapper.

Sorry I meant from disc based games. I'm well aware of what the PS4 has and hasn't been getting.

Hopefully NBA lovers won't kill me, but... am I the only one who thinks that NBA doesn't really fit this company of games...?

It does seem out of place, but it makes perfect sense if youre trying to sell this SKU to the broadest (or as broad as possible) audience.

• 2 weeks later...