New Tekken 7 character will be removed from US version

Azaan60

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2omat5/neogaf_users_whine_about_new_character_in_tekken/  

So basically the new Tekken 7 character that was announced received complaints about her design, due to this she will be removed from the US version of the game. Here's the trailer: 

Honestly this is idiotic, of all the shit they can complain about they choose a generic, cute, cat-girl character? 

but if its good to remove a char from a certain region?

i mean there are probably a lot of tekken fans who want to see this girl in their US version.

couldnt they just make this char a free downloadable content and you can decide to insert her "story"-line or just let it be if you dont like a kawaii jgirl xD

• Like 1

but if its good to remove a char from a certain region?

i mean there are probably a lot of tekken fans who want to see this girl in their US version.

couldnt they just make this char a free downloadable content and you can decide to insert her "story"-line or just let it be if you dont like a kawaii jgirl xD

It's likely they would make her free, but it would probably be like angel, ogre etc etc from TTT2 where it's on the disc, and programmed into the game. Probably all or nothing. I wanted them to add that vampire liek girl from tekken revolution because I wasn't going to spend my life trying to unlock her on that game.

Well that sucks if they're going to remove a character like that for only certain regions. Although I can't tell if he's really being serious or not, the whole muscular skinhead thing makes it seem somewhat like he's making a joke out of those complaining. I guess it's better to wait on an official announcement. If it is true though... I'm worried for the future of gaming. Just last week we had GTA V getting pulled from shelves in some stores over complaints (From misinformed idiots who probably never so much as played the game) and now this. An age where a loud group of jerks can complain and the  companies buckle to their every command is not something I want to see.

I kind of doubt this decision is final or official in any way. Twitter is where professionalism goes to die. I doubt we've seen the last of this kawaii spam bot

Yeah, I kinda agree, I call BS on her being removed from the US version of the game because of complaints. And so what if people complain about her design? I HIGHLY doubt that the company will care so much about peoples complaining that they'll take a character out of a whole regions release of the game.

How the hell was lollipop chainsaw released then? The main character in that game is highly inappropriate..  

It's got nothing to do with how "inappropriate" this character is. From a purely visual standpoint, "Lucky Chloe" is pretty conservatively dressed, all things considered. The issue I think a lot of people are taking with this character is it's simply patronizing to  character tropes. The only reason they created it, is because of J,K, and all the other letter pops taking the west by storm, so they released this. At best, it's a lazy character design, at worst....they will start making hug pillows out of her. *shudders*

I wish they had put in Eliza from Tekken Rev. She was interesting.

Tekken-Revolution-3.jpg

• Like 1

In a place where bears, kangaroos, dinosaurs and such fight it out I'm so surprised as to why Lucky Chloe received such negativity that she probably won't be playable in the US/NA ever? Is it because she is too cute handle... that's probably it no? sigh...

Edited by Gay_Angel

In a place where bears, kangaroos, dinosaurs and such fight it out I'm so surprised as to why Lucky Chloe received such negativity that she probably won't be playable in the US/NA ever? Is it because she is too cute handle... that's probably it no? sigh...

Yes, it's because it's an obnoxious character that doesn't add anything unique to the game like Roger, Kuma/Panda and Alex do. If we didn't already have Ling Xiaoyou, Alissa, and 

Miharu Hirano, she probably wouldn't have been met with much criticism at all.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2omat5/neogaf_users_whine_about_new_character_in_tekken/  

So basically the new Tekken 7 character that was announced received complaints about her design, due to this she will be removed from the US version of the game. Here's the trailer: 

Honestly this is idiotic, of all the shit they can complain about they choose a generic, cute, cat-girl character? 

Do you honestly want a 'cute, cat girl character' in Tekken doe? You don't know what kind of alternate costumes she got on if you know what im saying..

One person I talked to about this claims the developer is being racist, and shouldn't be supported. Referencing his comments in response to criticism. Can't say I blame him. A western dev would never get away with saying "Oh, I'll just make a cat girl pulling a rickshaw for you easterners if you don't like my character, I know that's what you really want"

Think of all the sales Kleenex are going to lose because they haven't included this character.  On the flip side, saving time in A&E departments due to the lack of young boys turning up after rubbing their stumps raw is a good thing...

I approve.

BHlxYfU.gif

Edited by Setzaroth