New Tekken 7 character will be removed from US version

Azaan60

Hey, guess what - you don't like a character? Don't use her/him. You think the game is 'broken' becouse of the character? Then don't buy the f***ng game! I believe IT IS that simple. Listen, I'm not into fighting games. I've played some Soul Calibur III back on Ps2, but that's basically it. But despite that, if I ever buy Tekken 7, I'd be playing mostly as Chloe. One thing is that I usually play as female characters. Other thing is - have you seen the other characters in there? We've got a demon-guy, boxing kangaroo, a panda bear... This game is full of weird characters, and the one that catches your eye is a girl in a pop idol suit? Seriously? *stands up and leaves*

• Like 2

Only to be reintroduced as paid DLC several weeks after release.

That won't happen, unless Harada has changed his mind regarding his stance towards characters as DLC, which is why the extra characters for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 were put into the game as updates, not traditional DLC. I highly doubt the US will ever see this character, oh well, at least the PAL region (I won't say Europe for obvious reasons) is still getting her though.

Edited by Lady Blanc

Hey, guess what - you don't like a character? Don't use her/him. You think the game is 'broken' becouse of the character? Then don't buy the f***ng game! I believe IT IS that simple. Listen, I'm not into fighting games. I've played some Soul Calibur III back on Ps2, but that's basically it. But despite that, if I ever buy Tekken 7, I'd be playing mostly as Chloe. One thing is that I usually play as female characters. Other thing is - have you seen the other characters in there? We've got a demon-guy, boxing kangaroo, a panda bear... This game is full of weird characters, and the one that catches your eye is a girl in a pop idol suit? Seriously? *stands up and leaves*

Killer rant bruh.

The "problem" with the character is that it's an unoriginal trope. Tekken has always had pretty unique characters. Now it's like they aren't even trying. Each game usually only gets 3-4 new characters, and they wasted one with a character we've seen in every other uninspired Japanese game. 

If we didn't already have Alissa, Ling Xiaoyou, Miharu Hirano... I wouldn't have cared. But it's like, they don't know how to design anything else

So they can take Ryu or Scorpion out of their games and it wouldn't make a difference?

Technically no, but she's not an icon like those characters. There would most likely be outrage if they weren't in the games. 

Edited by Lilseb93

Really don't see the problem and I enjoy Tekken along with a lot of other fighting games such as Melty Blood, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Under Night In-Birth, Soul Calibur and so on but I suppose because I enjoy those my opinion is going to be treated as null and void... Honestly who cares she could be a fun and interesting character to play as I mean we have bear/panda, kangaroo, velociraptor, demons, terminators, cyborg ninja/samurai, angel, Aztec aliens and so forth she isn't going to break the game if anything she adds to an already diverse cast and her trailer shows she could very well be fun to play as with those combos.

But oh no, they're putting in a Japanese idol styled character in a Japanese game the world is ending they can't put this into my super serious fighting game... yeah those harping on like that are the vocal idiots because news flash Tekken isn't a serious plot so why is a new non-sense character so bad especially if she is a possible deadly joke character?

EDIT:

Also can Setzaroth the most vocal stop using bold everywhere do you really have to bold everything since I am more than positive everyone can read the normal text.

Edited by Kochiya Shana
  • Like 3

But oh no, they're putting in a Japanese idol styled character in a Japanese game the world is ending they can't put this into my super serious fighting game... yeah those harping on like that are the vocal idiots because news flash Tekken isn't a serious plot so why is a new non-sense character so bad especially if she is a possible deadly joke character?

Of course! Tekken is super sirius and must have badass manly buffed guys.

• 4 months later...

I actually hated Lucky Chloe when she was first announced but now i love her. The only current problem i have with her are those cat gloves she wears. If they could give her some MMA gloves with her theme on it that'd be great, after all she needs to be ready for a fight ;) I would actually think of maining her if that happens.