'Tekken Black Belt' Trophy question.

Crescentcry

Hey all :)

So I recently just picked this game up again to finish off the trophies I never got on it however i'm not entirely understanding one particular trophy. That being

Tekken Black Belt; You earned 1st Dan in Online Mode.

This sounds simple enough but i'm confused about whether or not I can use my main character Alisa who is 2nd kyu (I got this rank from playing offline arcade) and play online til I get 1st Dan with her. OR do I have to use a different character who is at Beginner and get to 1st Dan with them?

The reason I want to know is that I have lost my touch with Tekken so i'm not too good as I haven't played in so long and i'm hardly getting any fights online and i'd rather not use Alisa to get to 1st Dan only for it all to have been a waste of time.

Thanks in advance ^^

Well, Online is a different mode so every character will start at beginner rank. However, this trophy can be literally "hell" if you're not good at Tekken or don't have some luck on your side. The trophy says "Reach 1st Dan in Online Mode". Sounds simple right? WRONG! Now the problem is that you HAVE to win the 1st Dan rank up battle. If you don't win but still rank up it doesn't count. So if you've reached 1st Dan with all characters and have not won a single "1st dan rank up battle" then this trophy is unobtainable. I hope that cleared up the problem and good luck!

Edited by Jetstream Sam
  • Like 1

Well, Online is a different mode so every character will start at beginner rank. However, this trophy can be literally "hell" if you're not good at Tekken or don't have some luck on your side. The trophy says "Reach 1st Dan in Online Mode". Sounds simple right? WRONG! Now the problem is that you HAVE to win the 1st Dan rank up battle. If you don't win but still rank up it doesn't count. So if you've reached 1st Dan with all characters and have not won a single "1st dan rank up battle" then this trophy is unobtainable. I hope that cleared up the problem and good luck!

ah I see, that explains it all perfectly :) thank you very much for the swift reply! Better get practising I think haha.

• 8 months later...

I see that's right. My and my brother were playing with Kazuya and Hwoarang and we lost the battle but got the 1st Dan but not the trophy.

• 6 months later...

I see that's right. My and my brother were playing with Kazuya and Hwoarang and we lost the battle but got the 1st Dan but not the trophy.

Not exactly unobtainable. I just played another ranked match and won, trophy popped soon thereafter. You scared me for a second there :lol:  :facepalm:

• 2 years later...

I just wanna clear up that even if you lost the match where you ranked up to 1st dan (and trophy didn't pop) you can still get it with the same character. BUT you do have to win a ranked match with said character. Upon doing that the trophy will pop so no, there is no way this is unobtainable UNLESS you simply cannot win a match lol. In which case I'd suggest picking a new character or a better character to team up with your char who already got 1st dan so as to help him win that 1 match. 

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 5/22/2018 at 3:45 PM, Nabeel_of_Steel said:

I just wanna clear up that even if you lost the match where you ranked up to 1st dan (and trophy didn't pop) you can still get it with the same character. BUT you do have to win a ranked match with said character. Upon doing that the trophy will pop so no, there is no way this is unobtainable UNLESS you simply cannot win a match lol. In which case I'd suggest picking a new character or a better character to team up with your char who already got 1st dan so as to help him win that 1 match. 

To clarify even further, in case you get a 1st dan character upon losing a match, you can then boost with a partner in a player match — just have them let you win a match with a 1st dan character, and then the trophy will pop; Tested myself and it worked. ;)

• Haha 1