I'm gonna be honest...

KarlitosWhey

What exactly is making you stray from the idea?

Well, I have been reading a bunch of posts on games and I haven't really heard of half of them and I don't know if it's worth taking a shot to get the Vita and not be able to play any games I'd like. I mean Tales games are cool but most of the games I do see are Jap imports or a lot of weird games (no offense). I also like neptunia games but I have a PS3 which I can play some of the others on.

Also I'm a big fan of the telltalle click and play games, But I mean you can play those on PS3

I was kinda the same when thinking about buying mine last year. I was only really interested in Killzone & Tearaway. That has all changed now. I've played games I didn't know about and loved them! (Virtue's Last Reward, for example) Have you tried looking at a few youtube vids on games you're not sure about, just to see what they're like? 

The Vita is a fantastic console! I don't have anything bad to say about it to be honest...

Hmmm, that is actually pretty helpful. I'll probably search up some games and see how they are. But I still have like another 10 days to decide. I am deciding between a few things but I'm just kinda torn in the middle lol.

If you aren't interested in japanese games or indies/little PSN games, your vita probably wont get alot of love after a few months. Altough aside from that the vita really is a very neat system and can be used for alot more things besides gaming. 

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 2

If you aren't interested in japanese games or indies/little PSN games, your vita probably wont get alot of love after a few months. Altough aside from that the vita really is a very neat system and can be used for alot more things besides gaming. 

Yea, I'm not the biggest fan of Jap games or indies.. :(

Edited by iCyUnVyme

It's true, the Vita is an RPG/import/overall Japan machine and for those who are a fan of either genres or both, there's a lot of value in getting a Vita.  However, for more 'mainstream' players if you will, it'll lose its worth and become a paperweight at best not too long after you buy it.   :P  Beeinhollywood's advice is 100% true though; you might find some real hidden gems if you take a leap, and who knows, it might open you to a whole new genre or style of game.  If you like Virtue's Last Reward, you should like Danganronpa, and the sequel, and so on, so forth.  Good luck :)

I hear things I like about the vita and things I don't like. I'm thinking between the vita and the 3DS (Smash Bros and Pokémon). I'm getting a PS4 in late January if that will change anything on how much I will use the vita.

In all honestly, have had mine for a year and a half and haven't had any lack of games so far BUT I don't see how I can fill the next year with Vita games, there are some I really want to play and will play this next year but unless I find more games i like or good games come out I think I will be lacking games by this time next year, sony has no love for the vita and it's getting worse and worse since they started porting vita games to the ps3 and 360 like ACIII: L and Batman Blackgate and now Tearaway.

I will say though I absolutely love my vita and it is extremely handy whenever I go on vacation or long roadtrips, it has saved me a lot of boredom and I would definitely buy it again if I needed to.

In all honestly, have had mine for a year and a half and haven't had any lack of games so far BUT I don't see how I can fill the next year with Vita games, there are some I really want to play and will play this next year but unless I find more games i like or good games come out I think I will be lacking games by this time next year, sony has no love for the vita and it's getting worse and worse since they started porting vita games to the ps3 and 360 like ACIII: L and Batman Blackgate and now Tearaway.

I will say though I absolutely love my vita and it is extremely handy whenever I go on vacation or long roadtrips, it has saved me a lot of boredom and I would definitely buy it again if I needed to.

I mean the Vita has some useful features that I like but I don't think I am sold on it... I might get something that I will use more often because I feel like I will just lose interest in playing it after a month because I'd be getting the PS4 I think I'll start looking for different things to ask for any idea's aha?

I mean Tales games are cool but most of the games I do see are Jap imports or a lot of weird games (no offense). 

lol weird games xD I can't help but think that u're referring to games like Bullet Girls, Senran Kagura and Criminal Girls. Well I guess normal people don't dig those games

As seomeone who actually doubted his Vita purchase when he first got it, I f***ing love this this machine. The games aren't for everyone but if you like diversity in your library, it's definitely a system for you.

I'd highly suggest Persona 4 Golden and Gravity Rush. Everyone with a Vita loves those games and there are some other ones that just require a bit of researching and playing a demo (If it's available).

As seomeone who actually doubted his Vita purchase when he first got it, I f***ing love this this machine. The games aren't for everyone but if you like diversity in your library, it's definitely a system for you.

I'd highly suggest Persona 4 Golden and Gravity Rush. Everyone with a Vita loves those games and there are some other ones that just require a bit of researching and playing a demo (If it's available).

When I finally abandoned Pokemon for Hyperdimension due to I could only afford one handheld, I was literally thinking I was going in with a loss since I was only going to buy Hyperdimension titles just like what I did for my gameboy and Nintendo DS which I only bought Pokemon titles but after discovering Persona 4 Golden, Danganronpa, Disgaea, and Freedom Wars, I knew that there were many more great games out there and now I love my Vita more than anything else except for my Atari 2600.

I think your best bet would be to go on the playstation store and look at the vita games that are available and pick out some that that sound interesting to you.  Then go online and watch some videos of said games and decide from there how interested you are in getting a vita.  Also it might not hurt to look at games that are going to be coming out for the vita.  I mean personally I love my vita and would tell everyone to buy one.

I love my Vita. I'd recommend getting one. 

Especially if you have been adding PS+ IGC Vita games to your backlog, you should have a sizeable collection of games right out of the box.

I'd still get Tearaway on the Vita. The PS4 version is going to be a completely different game because of the controls and what they can do with the DS4. Similarly, Tearaway uses all the Vita's unique features to great effect.

You say that Indies don't really interest you, but they are some of the best games out there. Hotline Miami is great, Guacamelee! is great, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is fantastic... I could go on. They're all available on Vita.

It's also a great console for your favourite oldies like the Sly CollectionGod of War, etc.

• Like 2

I don't know. I just don't think it's really for me... I asked for an iPod or iPad because my 4th gen iPod broke and I used that thing all the time. For many different things. Also with me getting the PS4 late January I think the vita wouldn't get used much and if it did, it would only be on road trips or stuff.

lol weird games xD I can't help but think that u're referring to games like Bullet Girls, Senran Kagura and Criminal Girls. Well I guess normal people don't dig those games

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Wait a second, Bullet Girls doesn't have confirmed localization and Criminal Girls is gonna be by NISA so censored as hell =D

Anyways... can't we just make a FAQ addition with answer to "Should I buy a Vita?" it's kinda weird there's so many threads about this (especially when the opinions are always the same =D)

The answer 

If (you.like(JP games) || you.like(indies))

{

buy = true;

}

else

{

buy = false;

}

Is all people need =D

• Like 2