I'm gonna be honest...

KarlitosWhey

Yea, I'm not the biggest fan of Jap games or indies.. :(

I thought the same until I played Persona 4 Golden.

Since then everything else is just... boring :P

Only Jap games can now catch my attention.

This is weird because a year ago I wouldn't touch japanese games and now i'm into them because of vita.

Btw indies are great games too. Don't judge them if you haven't played them.

Edited by Rollers23
  • Like 1

Criminal Girls is gonna be by NISA so censored as hell =D

That moan removal made it a lil bit creepy tho. Which is why am planning to just import it  :P (when I have the necessary resources that is)  And the question of whether one should buy a vita or not is basically flooding in whichever gaming site that I usually go. So much that it's frightening.

I bought my Vita a few months ago after a lot of debating about it - I'd encourage anyone who is thinking about getting one, to do it. Mine gets more playtime around the home than I thought it would, plus the remote play is very useful for when the wifey wants the living room TV - I can carry on playing on the PS4 as well. 

Do it.

• Like 1

I understand why some people shy away from the idea of purchasing a Vita, because when it first launched It just seamed too expensive. After getting a bundle from Amazon last year with 4 games and a 4gb memory card for $180, I can truly say it's worth the money especially if you are a PS Plus subscriber! The only bad to owning a Vita is purchasing a memory stick that is worth a dam. I haven't purchased a new one yet because they are quite expensive. I just usually delete a game after getting the Platinum for it. Once I do buy a larger memory card (hopefully the 32gb and 64gb go down in price) I will redownload the games I really enjoyed to build a nice portable library for road trips and convenience.

Nothing better than having the power of a PlayStation in the palms of your hands!

I got my vita around launch day.

I have played on it basically every day since for at least a half hour (of my lunchbreak usually) and have 33 vita platinums and dozens of vita 100%s amd syill have a backlog of vita games to work through.

My success rate of games for enjoyment on vita (I.e. how often I play something ive never heard of and end up really liking it is far higher on the vita than on the ps3.

So if the 'lack of games' bullsjit is what puts you off, just remember - just cause you arnt familiar with the games, doesnt mean they aren't out there, or good

100% agree with this.  I didn't get it until about six months ago and I've really really enjoyed it and I haven't even scratched the surface of the majority of games available for it.  Sure, there are a lot of indie and Japanese games for it...but those are still games and just because one person doesn't like them, doesn't necessarily mean others wont!  

So yeah, I would totally ask for the PSVITA. :)

EDIT: PLUS! The ability to play loads of PSP/PS1 classics is another fantastic point.  Sometimes you just wanna get all nostalgic and forget about the bane trophies has on us. ;)

Edited by daftprophet

Well what kind of games are you into? I've owned a Vita since day one of its release and love it. Its good for indie gaming and freeing up my backlog of digital titles to play on my PS3 when they are released as cross-buys.

If you are looking for AAA gaming then more than likely you are going to be disappointed with the Vita...but then again, if you want AAA gaming then why even look in the direction of handheld consoles?

• 2 weeks later...

Ps vita "gems" for early 2015:

January: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re; Birth 2

February: Hyperdevotion Noire

These 2 "gems" are enough to get a ps vita (they won't be released for ps3/ps4 you know). o/

But Rebirth 2 is going to PC... :/

Anyways, these are gems, but... to specific audience =D

(Btw why is your trophy card in post instead of signature? =D)

• 4 weeks later...

But Rebirth 2 is going to PC... :/

Anyways, these are gems, but... to specific audience =D

(Btw why is your trophy card in post instead of signature? =D)

Is it better now? LOL.  My old posts will have 2 trophy cards now (nah. i'm just editing them xD).

Btw, just got the platinum trophy on re; birth 1. Waiting now for the 2nd. It was a very good game, but there were a LOT of characters that had no meaning to be there like Tekken or Broccoli, LOL.

Put more than 110 hrs on it (i didn't see any hidden trophy. If i had seen, i think it'd be possible to get the platinum in 1/2 of the time).

Edited by Nainphy

I haven't regretted my Vita purchase (18-24 months ago), but I have only played a handful of games, I've just absolutely loved them. I'm not really into Jap games, and I'm here and there on Indie games, so the future use of my Vita is probably very minimal. It sucks, coz I do really like the system, the games I'd enjoy just aren't being produced for it very often anymore.

I'd suggest looking into the games the Vita has, and if you think the amount of games you might enjoy is a justifiable amount, then I'd go for it.

Edited by LukaLaurent

Honestly, I'm not into Japanese games or many indies but still have plenty of use for my Vita. I mean I use it EVERY DAY. i wold suggest getting it and teamed with PS+, it makes it an awesome system to get. I mean sure, there are some really bad games on it but isn't that the same for all consoles? It's just a matter of finding games you like and trying PS+ games as you may find a real gem (like I did with The Hungry Horde.... that was a damn good game :) )

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Wait a second, Bullet Girls doesn't have confirmed localization and Criminal Girls is gonna be by NISA so censored as hell =D

Anyways... can't we just make a FAQ addition with answer to "Should I buy a Vita?" it's kinda weird there's so many threads about this (especially when the opinions are always the same =D)

The answer 

If (you.like(JP games) || you.like(indies))

{

buy = true;

}

else

{

buy = false;

}

Is all people need =D

Coding knowledge, I like it :P

Honestly, I'm not into Japanese games or many indies but still have plenty of use for my Vita. I mean I use it EVERY DAY. i wold suggest getting it and teamed with PS+, it makes it an awesome system to get. I mean sure, there are some really bad games on it but isn't that the same for all consoles? It's just a matter of finding games you like and trying PS+ games as you may find a real gem (like I did with The Hungry Horde.... that was a damn good game :) )

Coding knowledge, I like it :P

You told me you didn't like The Hungry Horde, but oh well.  :lol: