Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 announced (heavy Manga spoilers)

Heavy manga spoilers incoming!

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 got announced in the recent Shonen Jump. It is a PS4 exclusive (Storm 2, Generations, 3 and Revolution have been on 360).

Judging by the scan, Sage of Six Path Naruto and Rinnegan Sasuke will be playable characters, and Madara vs Hashirama at Valley of the End will be a boss battle. Looking at the logo, it might even go until the end of Naruto.

Naruto from Naruto the Last will also appear in the game, but it is not known yet whether he will be playable or a costume.

The game is going to release in 2015. More info at Jump Festa (December 21st-22nd) is to be revealed.

First scan (Manga spoilers):

QHVgXbn.jpg

source: http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/12/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-4-confirmed/

Edited by Shogun-Shien
  • Like 2

This won't be the last Naruto game, there'll be loads more to come, turst me. I one day hope for a Naruto game that covers the entire story from start to finish and you'll be able to explore all of Konoha (like the 360-exclusive Naruto games) and all the other villages.

Great newx indeed! PS4-exclusive though? Dunno why that is.

• Like 2

this better be the last one.

don't get me wrong, I like these games but the story is finished, no need to milk this to infinity

Its not entirely finished. After Shippuden there is a new timeskip (but the manga for that is only going to last a couple of months). The 3rd timeskip will definitely get a game.

This won't be the last Naruto game, there'll be loads more to come, turst me. I one day hope for a Naruto game that covers the entire story from start to finish and you'll be able to explore all of Konoha (like the 360-exclusive Naruto games) and all the other villages.

100% Agree with this. I remember running through the villages in Rise of a Ninja & Broken Bond they really need to put that back in

• Like 1

I've bought every Storm game new and played it on both the Playstation and the Xbox. Can't get enough of these. 

That said, I'm thinking this will be the last one that will finish out the story. There's no way they could stop Storm 3 where they had and not finish out the story.

I'm hoping it includes the future characters as well, or at least the ones from the movie.

On the note of Naruto games ceasing after this, how long ago did DBZ end? They're still coming up with ideas, I'm sure this will be the same.

Let's not forget the rumors of a "Next generation" series.

• Like 1

I've bought every Storm game new and played it on both the Playstation and the Xbox. Can't get enough of these. 

That said, I'm thinking this will be the last one that will finish out the story. There's no way they could stop Storm 3 where they had and not finish out the story.

I'm hoping it includes the future characters as well, or at least the ones from the movie.

On the note of Naruto games ceasing after this, how long ago did DBZ end? They're still coming up with ideas, I'm sure this will be the same.

Let's not forget the rumors of a "Next generation" series.

If you mean the next timeskip, that is 100% confirmed by Kishimoto. But it will only last for a couple of months in the manga, and will come out in spring 2015. It's a mini series, they call it like that.

I think they will continue making Naruto games in the next few years. But this will probably be the last Storm game, the scan translation makes it even more obvious. So we may just get a whole new battle system in the next couple of years, who knows?

Hmmm, not sure if i'll get this. On one hand, the Storm series has just gotten better and better as it continued and i love the battle system. I think they could do some really cool stuff with the improved hardware.

On the other hand, it will be covering the worst part of the entire manga, Everyone vs. Obito (lol, let's see how many flashbacks we can fit in one fight), Everyone vs. Madara (wait, this is the same as the last one), Team 7 vs. Kaguya (How many asspulls can we fit in one fight? Let's find out!) and Naruto vs. Sasuke (Narutooooooooooo! Sasukeeeeeee! Then they kiss.)

I'll see how much of the gameplay they improve, don't think i'll be getting this if we won't be seeing a big upgrade on a technical level.

Revolution was kinda meh, so i'll likely only rent this. Though i hope the story mode is as good as Ninja Storm 2 and 3 were.

It will definitely be on par, if not better than Storm 2 and Storm 3 storywise. The non-numbered Naruto Storm games have always been solely about multiplayer. The scan already shows the first boss battle, which is alive Hashirama vs alive Madara. Susannoo-Kyuubi ftw!

Gameplaywise I wouldnt judge until the 21st when we see the first gameplay. It's possible that they changed a lot going from last gen to current gen. Maybe not, but who knows?

• Like 1

I've only played the demo for revolution because the past Naruto Storm games haven't been that good compared to the first two, but I will say the combat is a lot smoother and feels a lot better, but that's the only good thing I can say about that game. They put useless characters like Kushina and Iruka Sensei in the game but never put in the sevens swordsmen, I also really didn't like that they spit awakening and ultimate jutsu into different types instead of having them both. As for Naruto Storm 4 I hope it will be good but considering the story was garbage in the manga the game won't be any different. I highly doubt they will continue making naruto games after this one, it's not going to be like DBZ which had lasting appeal and was considered one of the best anime of all time. After the way the manga ended I don't see why anyone would be interested in this series anymore. 

Edited by ginfoxface
  • Like 1

this better be the last one.

don't get me wrong, I like these games but the story is finished, no need to milk this to infinity

Well, knowing what Namco Bandai has done with the Dragon Ball franchise... You better get hundreds of buckets to hold all the milk.

That's probably one of the things I wish most in gaming: A naruto game in Storm 3 style with the whole story (Pre Time-skip too). But again, from what's been done with the Dragon Ball series we'll probably get a story mode like Ultimate Tenkaichi or Battle Of Z, which is awful.

• Like 2

Well, knowing what Namco Bandai has done with the Dragon Ball franchise... You better get hundreds of buckets to hold all the milk.

That's probably one of the things I wish most in gaming: A naruto game in Storm 3 style with the whole story (Pre Time-skip too). But again, from what's been done with the Dragon Ball series we'll probably get a story mode like Ultimate Tenkaichi or Battle Of Z, which is awful.

Hm I dont think that a game with the whole story of Naruto + Naruto Shippuden would be good.

They cant include everything into one game, that wouldnt really work out.

They'd need to skip through soooo many things. They even had to do this with Ultimate Ninja Storm 1, that didnt even include Zabuza and Hakus arc, because they had to make the whole story of Naruto part 1 into one game. And Shippuden is a whole lot bigger than part 1, so it wouldnt work out at all.

100% Agree with this. I remember running through the villages in Rise of a Ninja & Broken Bond they really need to put that back in

Ohh come on Plutie, dont remind me on that ... The XBox360 games are sooo bad imo.

The battlesystem was bad.

The jutsusystem was bad.

Even the exploring was totally craparonie and DAMN NAGGING! :D Really... you liked that shit? 

... now you actually reminded me on that ... :(

The only good parts from both of the games are the story fights imo... e.g.

But in Storm2 and 3 we got shown that they are waaaay better and also overall better then the XBox-Games :P