So now you can use seeds and unlock trophies...

TheYuriG

Sounds good.

If anyone ever writes the trophy guide for this game, it will be really, really complex.

Edit: Yuri - what does "stunned" mean if some enemies can still attack? 

Mostly bosses (and greed), but it is not a pattern, it's a random thing. But when they (not often) attack, their attacks are aimed toward you, so you are forced to dodge them.

About the trophy guide thingie, I think it would be really easy.

Step 1, unlock azazel doing 3 devil deals, even if the last kills you.

Step 2, play as azazel using the Ludovico Technique seed (WK41 KPZX) until you beat mom, mom's heart (11x), cathedral (5x) and sheol (5x) so you unlock the whole gameplay.

Step 3.1, use the Quarter seed to grind out donation on the shop machine so you can have an 'unlimited' supply of coins on future playthroughs.

Step 3.2 start hard mode (which now drops as much bombs and keys as normal does) and beat It Lives! with every character.

Step 4, beat both The Chest and The Dark Room with every character on normal.

Step 5, beat everything on Hard as The Lost exploiting the Cloud Sync exploit (The lost doesn't insta-die if you leave the game anymore).

Step 6, clean up. Check which items and secrets you are missing and use the necessary seeds to achieve them.

Step 7, profit: platinum.

I don't get it. I'm on 1.02 and I can't seem to get it to work.

Update is not out on Europe yet, if it's there where you live. And to make this sure, the update doesn't affect this, but might affect the challenges seeding trick, so you are probably doing something wrong. I made a step by step tutorial, but if there is anything I didn't explained right or good enough, please report back and I will do the necessary changes and enlighten you as much as I can.

EDIT: Oh my gosh, I'm terribly sorry, the consoles update is 1.02, the PC one that is 1.03. You have the right update, forgive my mistake. I will edit the OP to avoid this confusion on the future.

Edited by TheYuriG

This sounds excelent. I was going to call it quits after clearing challenges since i have had bad luck with the lost (couldn't even clear womb without mistakes).
There might still be small chance for plat for me.

Small? If you remove the patches and play with the lost using this seed (G6GE 0GFV) you get the dead cat and NOTHING can kill you (after your first death, of course). Use the seed method I explained above and the dead cat seed and you are golden.

question:  using this method, does the no trophy icon still display on the HUD? 

It should not appear and trophies should pop normally. If you are seeing such icon on the HUD, there might be something that didn't go right on the steps you took.

EDIT: I've edited the OP. If you guys still can't get this to work with this super detailed method step by step, I will hang myself in the next shop you enter.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

It should not appear and trophies should pop normally. If you are seeing such icon on the HUD, there might be something that didn't go right on the steps you took.

whoop. i got it going, i didn't back out to the file/save select, just back to new run. thanks for the instructions double check!

Step 2, play as azazel using the Ludovico Technique seed until you beat mom, mom's heart (11x), cathedral (5x) and sheol (5x) so you unlock the whole gameplay.

What's that seed?

Also, just to clarify, what patch should you be playing on with the steps you outlined? I'm a little confused. (I play on Vita as nothing seemed to pop on PS4).

What's that seed?

Also, just to clarify, what patch should you be playing on with the steps you outlined? I'm a little confused. (I play on Vita as nothing seemed to pop on PS4).

WK41 KPZX seems to be a good seed.

Any patch is good, the exploits works in the lastest one the same way it worked on the game unpatched.

EDIT: They don't work on the latest patch by now.

Edited by TheYuriG

WK41 KPZX seems to be a good seed. Sorry this crap is inverted, I can't find how to invert it back.

Any patch is good, the exploits works in the lastest one the same way it worked on the game unpatched.

Cool. I might play that one tonight for a little variety. I did something like 5 runs on 0H0T MKNS last night, where the Ludovico Technique is two screens north of your starting position.

Another question... How the hell do I get to Isaac? I always get the devil rooms, I only rarely see holy rooms...

Cool. I might play that one tonight for a little variety. I did something like 5 runs on 0H0T MKNS last night, where the Ludovico Technique is two screens north of your starting position.

Another question... How the hell do I get to Isaac? I always get the devil rooms, I only rarely see holy rooms...

After you beat Mom's Heart for the 11th time, it changes into It Lives! and you have 2 options now: A trapdoor to sheol and a holy beam of light for the catedral. Then you need to beat both five times (each) to unlock The Polaroid and the Negative. There is no point in using any other character here because you are going to be forced to play with them again after you unlock the polaroid and the negative to beat The Lamb (The Dark Room) and ??? (The Chest).

Edited by TheYuriG

WORKING ON PSVITA, just done it!
For those who are not getting this working, remember to input the seed BUT PRESS  :circle:  , not   :cross:  when done!

EDIT: Thanks OP for this useful tip! Got most of the trophies by myself but yesteday , after clearing the chest with no damage taken and NOT getting the trophy, i was about to drop this. Kudos!

Edited by NekoSama87
  • Like 1

Somehow kill satan with the lost trophy became glitched on my main file. I created a second file following Yuri's guide to the lost and then killed satan and thankfully unlocked the trophy. Anyways, here is a really good seed for the lost.

SNF3DRKA

|

guppy throughout the run,  full attack, 9 lives+1, crickets head and body and holy mantle right at the beginning. 

• Like 3

Somehow kill satan with the lost trophy became glitched on my main file. I created a second file following Yuri's guide to the lost and then killed satan and thankfully unlocked the trophy. Anyways, here is a really good seed for the lost.

SNF3DRKA

|

guppy throughout the run,  full attack, 9 lives+1, crickets head and body and holy mantle right at the beginning. 

This is a great seed indeed!  Just went through the chest, TONS of damage upgrades throughout.  I didn't see 9lives, but i became guppy from the devil room after defeating mom, which made boss rush fantastic.  Book of shadows in the boss rush room as well!

Just wanted to mention for those who are having trouble with certain trophies unlocking.

Make sure to constantly sync/upload data up to the cloud. Every time you reach the room before Isaac/Satan/Mom's Heart  exit the game, upload data (as a precaution) and close out of the game. Upon restarting, continue beating the boss and all of the trophies should pop up smoothly. Before I started following this technique, I had trouble with trophies unlocking. [This was with following Yuri's guide]. Since then I've been able to get trophies with no problems whatsoever.

Just wanted to mention for those who are having trouble with certain trophies unlocking.

Make sure to constantly sync/upload data up to the cloud. Every time you reach the room before Isaac/Satan/Mom's Heart  exit the game, upload data (as a precaution) and close out of the game. Upon restarting, continue beating the boss and all of the trophies should pop up smoothly. Before I started following this technique, I had trouble with trophies unlocking. [This was with following Yuri's guide]. Since then I've been able to get trophies with no problems whatsoever.

I always forget to mention this :( This is a caution that is extremely important to mention, I shall quote you in the OP, thanks for the heads up again.

I have been using several seeds to get around some parts of the game, so far so good until days ago. I noticed the trophy Quarter (kill Mom's heart 8 times) was still locked, but the trophy A Fetus In A Jar (kill Mom's heart 9 times) was unlocked without any problems, thus glitching the former trophy.

Even though it happened, I wanted to know if it's still possible to get the Real Platinum God trophy (get all items/ending), or if it's necessary to start a new save again. The trophy itself glitched, but the item Quarter appears in my Collection page. Did anyone had the same problem as mine? Or even a solution to it if possible? It would be really annoying if I couldn't unlock it even though I got every item out there. <_<

(I am now aware of the sync method and I've been using it one or two rooms before any trophy event, but unfortunately this one was too late for me)

I have been using several seeds to get around some parts of the game, so far so good until days ago. I noticed the trophy Quarter (kill Mom's heart 8 times) was still locked, but the trophy A Fetus In A Jar (kill Mom's heart 9 times) was unlocked without any problems, thus glitching the former trophy.

Even though it happened, I wanted to know if it's still possible to get the Real Platinum God trophy (get all items/ending), or if it's necessary to start a new save again. The trophy itself glitched, but the item Quarter appears in my Collection page. Did anyone had the same problem as mine? Or even a solution to it if possible? It would be really annoying if I couldn't unlock it even though I got every item out there. <_<

(I am now aware of the sync method and I've been using it one or two rooms before any trophy event, but unfortunately this one was too late for me)

dont delete new save and make a new one just for that trophy