So now you can use seeds and unlock trophies...

TheYuriG

After a couple months I worked this out with my friend DanielDCN which is working toward this platinum as well and I realized that the seeds for this game works differently according to the current patch. I've edited the OP with some seeds my friend found on 1.00, so they should be usable by everyone. Please post feedback if that is wrong.

I can get all trophies using a single seed? And the main question: Does this method still work?

Over the summer I forgot about the patch and the game ended up being updated. Last week I deleted the game and downloaded it again, it's version 1.02. If I check for updates it says it's updated to the latest version, I thought the latest version was 1.05? PS4 by the way, not Vita, if that makes a difference.

What version does it tell you in game?

I think PS4 game gets updated automatically and cannot refuse patches...(unfortunately happened to me).. I had to restart the game on VITA .. because it seems that the only way to reject Patches is on the PS Vita... if someone else managed to remove latest patch from a PS4... please feel free to share.

It does autoupdate upon launch, just any other system, but also autochecks for patches every now and then. If you leave the PS4 on rest mode, the system automatically starts looking for shit to do, then it downloads and installs any patches necessaries. You gotta always turn off your PS4 and constanly be wary for patch downloading notifications.

What version does it tell you in game?

I sound stupid now but I can't see it anywhere in game, I tried all the screens.

In the PS menu, and going into options and then Information, it does say it's version 1.02, but if I go into update history, it says 1.05, so I believe I am in fact in 1.05 and not 1.02 like the 'Information' section says I am.

I think PS4 game gets updated automatically and cannot refuse patches...(unfortunately happened to me).. I had to restart the game on VITA .. because it seems that the only way to reject Patches is on the PS Vita... if someone else managed to remove latest patch from a PS4... please feel free to share.

Seems to be the case. Downloading the game on PS4 will give you the latest update, from what I can tell anyway. Damn.

Yes, I just found mine updated... but I don't think you can remove patch... on PS4 (at least last time I tried, it automatically got the latest patch with it) :/

You can't remove the patch only. As I stated on the first post, if your game gets updated, you need to wipe the whole game and download the game again while denying the patch. If you don't have a backup prior to the update, your post update save file won't read and for such you will be forced to either play the game patched without exploits or start all over again on 1.00 to use the exploits again.

I sound stupid now but I can't see it anywhere in game, I tried all the screens.

In the PS menu, and going into options and then Information, it does say it's version 1.02, but if I go into update history, it says 1.05, so I believe I am in fact in 1.05 and not 1.02 like the 'Information' section says I am.

If my memory serves me right, it shows on the bottom of the screen on the main menu. I'm redownloading the game as we speak to confirm such information. 1.02 is the 1.05 version on the PC, only 2 patches were released as far as I remember, one to fix the glitchy cloud save button and the other to fix everything (EU people here). US people had three patches instead, 1.01 fixing cloud save, 1.02 fixing the dead cat glitch and some other minor exploits, then 1.03 that was the PC 1.05.

IIRC, your in-game version must be 1.05 if your game is patched to the latest or 1.00 if it's totally blank version (no patches).

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers

So i can play without the patches to use the seed run then update and do the lost?

thanks

You can. Only thing I recommend using the seeds exploit for, is getting the super secret room items, Raw Liver, Skeleton Key and Black Lotus. Everything else should come normally with gameplay time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So just to check, once you enter the seed and do all of the backing out... when you then click on new run... should the seed code bit be showing as blank still? (I've stupidly not tried just entering and looking for the seed effect but I'm at work now and can't check! hnnng).

So just to check, once you enter the seed and do all of the backing out... when you then click on new run... should the seed code bit be showing as blank still? (I've stupidly not tried just entering and looking for the seed effect but I'm at work now and can't check! hnnng).

Yeah, it should work alright. Nothing shows when selecting a character, but the seed will be there when the game starts and you press start/options to pause it.

• 1 year later...

If you already have the patch installed on the vita version. You can delete it and safely use the seed trick to unlock trophies

REQUIREMENTS:

• PS Vita
    USB cable (or WiFi Connection)
    Computer (or laptop)
    CMA

STEPS:

• 1. Connect your PS Vita to your Computer using usb cable or wifi
    2. Copy your PS Vita Game using CMA. 
    3. Create a Backup of your game (copy it in another location)
    4. Open your game's folder and you will find a folder named "patch", delete it
    5. Delete your game from PS Vita
    6. Push your game into PS Vita

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:53 AM, Sisselyn said:

If you already have the patch installed on the vita version. You can delete it and safely use the seed trick to unlock trophies

REQUIREMENTS:

• PS Vita
    USB cable (or WiFi Connection)
    Computer (or laptop)
    CMA

STEPS:

• 1. Connect your PS Vita to your Computer using usb cable or wifi
    2. Copy your PS Vita Game using CMA. 
    3. Create a Backup of your game (copy it in another location)
    4. Open your game's folder and you will find a folder named "patch", delete it
    5. Delete your game from PS Vita
    6. Push your game into PS Vita

Will my progress carry over from the patched to the unpatched version of the game if I do this?

19 hours ago, DoucetDudes said:

Will my progress carry over from the patched to the unpatched version of the game if I do this?

I don't think so.  I haven't tested it. But what one person could do is upload their save to the cloud, delete the patch. see if it's still there.  But I really don't think you will have your save file. 

4 hours ago, Sisselyn said:

I don't think so.  I haven't tested it. But what one person could do is upload their save to the cloud, delete the patch. see if it's still there.  But I really don't think you will have your save file. 

Hmm that makes sense. I already have about 20-30 hours invested in the game. Wondering if I should just delete and play without the patch.

• 2 years later...

I know I'm late to the game, but have been following this doing the easier stuff first (unlocked all stages so far and gotten almost all characters). I'm playing on 1.00 so this is indeed helpful. However there are some issues.

The seed Quarter Below (0JGY 6ZWX) does indeed give the 25C coin and Cain can open the shop, however the machine always gets jammed after 1 coin, making it rather useless :(. Maybe it's just on 1.00, I dunno (can't seem to find the 1.03 pkg file to upgrade).

The seed last mentioned (13SQ VP20) does give Lost Contact but I can't seem to find the staircase. Been bombing every stone on the room below as well as on the left. Nothing sadly. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. nothing. You have to go TWO rooms down (where the Mullis are with symetrical jars and rocks) and bomb the rock on the left. The mulli's spawn troll bombs when killed so you could kill the top right mulli and if the bomb is close enough to the jar the rock blows up too, in case you wanna play with a character that has zero bombs to start with.

Lastly, but I haven't really tried that much, just the obvious spots, the seed (BTL9 9SAE) has a huge room on the right and "bombing up" is either on the left or right side afaik Neither really worked. Again, I might be off with my bombs on this one and it isn't really the most important either.

I'm playing on PS4 if that makes a difference.

Edited the second seed.

Edited by Sephinova

• 6 months later...

I'm currently going through this myself.

I did the PSXHelper technique posted in the forums, got it to work no problem.

I'm finding it easier on Vita though than PS4 so I may just continue on Vita. Just sucks because I wanted to do some guides & tips/tricks despite the game being old.

I recommend people to do it on Vita. I also noticed on PS4 when you close app to restart and hit continue you still come back with that piece missing.

• 5 months later...

Just a couple questions about the Vita version vs PS4 version.

I can't seem to find afterbirth for sale on the Vitas store only the main game of Isaac. Is there something I'm doing wrong or does it just not exist in the Vitas store?

My other question is will this cross save from my Vita to my PS4 version and vice versa? I wouldn't like to have to restart from scratch. Thanks for all the great tips so far

Edited by Kispair

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 8:05 AM, Bushido_Cypher said:

I'm currently going through this myself.

I did the PSXHelper technique posted in the forums, got it to work no problem.

I know it’s been months since you posted this but I’m curious what this technique is. I don’t see it mentioned on these forums unless I’m blind. Would you be able to provide a link to it and or explain the method / what it does?

Google makes this look sketchy... >_>

Edited by Skurkitty

49 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

I know it’s been months since you posted this but I’m curious what this technique is. I don’t see it mentioned on these forums unless I’m blind. Would you be able to provide a link to it and or explain the method / what it does?

Google makes this look sketchy... >_>

I was tempted to make a guide on it but was unsure if people would be interested in it seems it may be a decent one to do.