So now you can use seeds and unlock trophies...

TheYuriG

On 17/07/2020 at 7:50 PM, Kispair said:

Just a couple questions about the Vita version vs PS4 version.

I can't seem to find afterbirth for sale on the Vitas store only the main game of Isaac. Is there something I'm doing wrong or does it just not exist in the Vitas store?

My other question is will this cross save from my Vita to my PS4 version and vice versa? I wouldn't like to have to restart from scratch. Thanks for all the great tips so far

Vita never got the dlcs... but i think youll be able to sync your progress to the ps4 a d continue from there

• 3 weeks later...

So I have been researching on the internet, trialing out god knows how many seeds. I just don't understand how the actually 'set-seeds' work in terms of it being different for others?

For instance, I really, really wanted to use this seed 'WK41 KPZX' for speedruns with azazel and 'YOMO AVBO' challenges. But the items I receive are different yet the layout is similar...

I'm using the EU, 1.00 version of the game, digital. (use PSX helper software to downgrade the digital version without patches).

Someone tell me that the EU version of Isaac (rebirth only) 1.00 can only use the seeds located in the OP's message. If so, that sucks man! This guy on playstationtrophies.org managed to write out a detailed step-by-step guide of what seeds to run and when and I assume he was on 1.00 in 2015 (maybe 1.02 but I'm not sure if patch version makes any difference to set-seeds, not special seeds). Furthermore, how is it that I'm on the 1.00 version (Nov 2014) and it worked for people during that time period but not now? How does that work?

EDIT: My best guess is that each set-seed is region locked. So for example WK41 KPZX only works in U.S not EU. I think the one listed in the OP is the EU version of the ludivico technique seed.

Edited by Blasphemous_Bish

Seems like this would just take longer and be more frustrating to constantly exit out and backup saves and hope the unlocks don't glitch rather than simply playing the game normally, especially if you are going for 100% including DLC. The Lost run is a lot easier since he has spectral tears, flight, and Holy Mantle. The Keeper is probably the hardest now, although I haven't played him yet, but it shouldn't be much of a problem since you can cheese angel rooms (and I guess you could cloud save backup as well if you're really struggling).

It's just that it's extremely time consuming because you must do all 403 in-game achievements which include beating Greed/Greedier/boss rush/every final boss on hard mode with every character in the game, all challenges, 30 daily challenge, and 5 daily challenge streak. There is nothing in particular that is extremely difficult, because you will learn the game over time and if you are struggling, you will get broken/OP runs with just a bit of luck (and most characters are easy so you can win on most runs if you are decent unless you get unlucky). The skill is not really that important as the game is not really difficult, it's just memorization of all the enemies/bosses, the items, and the synergies between them. I would recommend the wikia/platinumgod website as they help immensely when playing and it makes it a lot less frustrating by removing the trial and error from seeing what items do or how they synergize, which can easily kill a run if you just randomly grab items. The wikia also has a list of all 403 achievements necessary for the 1000000% trophy. 

I would recommend just learning the game and its mechanics and getting good at it as it will make the whole process more enjoyable and less tedious and probably save you time in the long run as well. The game has a lot of flaws for sure and can feel really cheap at times, but it's balanced out by combinations of items that can pretty much break the game in your favor and make the run a cakewalk. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Pretty late to starting this game but I figured I'd ask just in case someone sees this and has an answer.

Is there a list of working seeds for Vita US 1.00? The preset seeds (FEAR and C0NF) work fine. All but one of the custom ones here and on playstationtrophies that I tried did not have the advertised item/location. Is there some unlock requirement I'm missing to get the items to spawn?

EDIT: Hm, it looks like whether or not some of the these seeds works could depend on your progress in the game? I just tried "0JGY 6ZWX" on my main file after completing most of the game and now I get the Quarter in the Secret Room, while a fresh file (and my main when I first tried it) got a Black Lotus. However, "SWW6 SZK3" never worked on my main file (it gets "Mom's Contacts") while a fresh file gets the "The Ludovico Technique" as intended. Haven't tested all the seeds listed in multiple sources but no successful 'Dead Cat' seeds so far for Lost runs. I'll give some of these a last attempt when I've unlocked everything else I can before either attempting to generate a seed of my own or move on to the current version.

Edited by GigaZettaSlow

• 11 months later...
On 20/04/2021 at 8:36 PM, GigaZettaSlow said:

Pretty late to starting this game but I figured I'd ask just in case someone sees this and has an answer.

Is there a list of working seeds for Vita US 1.00? The preset seeds (FEAR and C0NF) work fine. All but one of the custom ones here and on playstationtrophies that I tried did not have the advertised item/location. Is there some unlock requirement I'm missing to get the items to spawn?

EDIT: Hm, it looks like whether or not some of the these seeds works could depend on your progress in the game? I just tried "0JGY 6ZWX" on my main file after completing most of the game and now I get the Quarter in the Secret Room, while a fresh file (and my main when I first tried it) got a Black Lotus. However, "SWW6 SZK3" never worked on my main file (it gets "Mom's Contacts") while a fresh file gets the "The Ludovico Technique" as intended. Haven't tested all the seeds listed in multiple sources but no successful 'Dead Cat' seeds so far for Lost runs. I'll give some of these a last attempt when I've unlocked everything else I can before either attempting to generate a seed of my own or move on to the current version.

Correct me if I'm wrong, item spawn does take into consideration your unlocks. 

For example, a fresh account at a seeds first secret room spawns item A (it should spawn B but you do not have it unlocked). However, after unlocking Item B through natural progression, Item B now spawns in that place instead of Item A.

Hope this helps.

• 11 months later...

So found out that the current version of the game on ps4 won't take synced save from the vita anymore.

So anyone from the future.

WARMING 

You can plat the vita version.

But would have to redo the whole game on ps4 for the 100%

Or

Play on ps4 version. But you would need to use a program to call (PSX helper) to get the version 1.00 of the game. To use the exploit.

May edit this later. Need to test more. US version

Ok so there seem to be a save glitch. Im playing a the ps4 1.0 ver on my ps5. Seem that if you use the seed exploit. It won't save by exiting in the pause screen.

But if you back out to the system home and close the app. Then go back in. It saves normally. This is good so you can save scum bosses for heaven/hell doors

---

Old glitch found to be aware of when use this method. When fight mom' heart. Never skip going to the chest. If a heaven/hell doors show up. It doesn't count the ending correct if you do. Leaving them blank.

The update patch does seem to fix it from what I read. But won't give you the trophy is you have all the ending. Will see if updating on the end of the 16 run. Update then finish will unlock normally.

-----

The seed SWW6 SZK3 (The Ludovico Technique) apparently if you unlock mom contact. It changes the item to well that. Killing the speed run use of it.

Edited by Zid960
ex info

• 5 weeks later...

@TheYuriG 

Hey Yuri! 

I know your post is suuuuuper old but it seems that you have a lot of knowledge of the game and i wanted to ask you a question, maybe you can help me out. I am playing the binding of isaac atm ( completely on 1.0 ) and using the seeds method, everything worked like a charm so far but for some reason it`s impossible for me to unlock the lost. i did it many times, dying with isaac to a mulliboom, magdalena bomb, judas on moms foot and azazel died by satan, but nothing. I do know that you can`t use a seed with azazel as well. 

My question is, do you maybe remember if you unlocked the lost also with version 1.0 or somehow later with a patched version? 

It`s just super weird and now i don`t know what to do. Maybe i try to unlock the remaining trophies as good as possible and need to upgrade the version at a later point to try it again on the newest version. thx in advance Davy

1 hour ago, DavySuicide said:

My question is, do you maybe remember if you unlocked the lost also with version 1.0 or somehow later with a patched version?

I did everything on 1.0, except for the glitched trophies and challenges, which I patched for. Later patches also make it a lot easier to complete The Lost runs requirements as you can save-scum on every room, rather than every floor.

I don't know what's causing you trouble. Are you doing the 4 char runs back to back, in order, without failures?

Edited by TheYuriG
wording
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I did everything on 1.0, except for the glitched trophies and challenges, which I patched for. Later patches also make it a lot easier to complete The Lost runs requirements as you can save-scum on every room, rather than every floor.

I don't know what's causing you trouble. Are you doing the 4 char runs back to back, in order, without failures?

Hey man, thx for the quick reply. Much appreciated! Okay, it`s good to know that you actually unlocked him on V1.0. That was my main "fear" in terms of maybe bugging on vanilla version. 

I really can`t say what causes the trophy to refuse to pop. I am doing everything the way all guides throughout the internet wrote how to unlock him but it`s not working at all. All other trophies til that point popped the way they should. After dying with Isacc to a Mulli, Magdalena with a bomb on floor 3, Isaac by Mom`s foot and finally by Satan with Azazel without any Seed the trophy SHOULD pop but nothing. I will try to unlock some more trophies and will try it again at a later point. 

Again, thx a lot for the answer. :) 

5 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

That was my main "fear" in terms of maybe bugging on vanilla version.

It's not, it pops just fine on the Japanese version as well, which was never patched once. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4015-the-binding-of-isaac-rebirth

I really can`t say what causes the trophy to refuse to pop. I am doing everything the way all guides throughout the internet wrote how to unlock him

You must be doing something wrong. Are you doing Isaac's step on hard mode?

without any Seed

You can use seeds for the first 3 steps to unlock the Lost, only can't use seeds for Azazel, the final character

Edited by TheYuriG

4 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

It's not, it pops just fine on the Japanese version as well, which was never patched once. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4015-the-binding-of-isaac-rebirth

You must be doing something wrong. Are you doing Isaac's step on hard mode?

You can use seeds for the first 3 steps to unlock the Lost, only can't use seeds for Azazel, the final character

wait, Isaac has to be done on hard? Even in the wiki it hasn’t been mentioned. Gosh, this might be the solution I gonna try this out, thx again for the hint. Only isaac, yeah? 

• 3 months later...

Hi super late to this and I read through the thread but am not sure. How do I keep my Vita from wanting to update the game to newest patch? I assume I have to be connected to internet while playing since the guide says to constantly upload save to cloud. Is there something I'm misunderstanding or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: It's merely popping up telling me there's an update but I think I can just click OK and it goes away and lets me keep playing. Bit annoying but I think I get it now.

Edited by ArcadiaNine
Misunderstanding

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2014 at 8:25 AM, TheYuriG said:

13SQ VP20 [HARD MODE] (Lost Contact above and staircase on the left side of the room below. Exploit the staircase glitch for a shitload of items and breeze through this run. This run does NOT provide access to the boss rush, but it can be used to unlock the Hard heart kills to unlock all babies).

Edited by ArcadiaNine