Overrated plat difficulty?.

edu_gamer

• 3 weeks later...

Miranda doesn't get enough love for ME2. She's got both warp and shock(or whatever it's called). Just take her on every mission and choose your other companion based on what enemies you'll be facing. Focus fire each enemy down in turn, drop their shield, take them out, recover. Always set your companions to take cover back with you, otherwise they'll go charging in and get dead quick. I had way more trouble with my first normal difficulty play through than my impossible, just because I knew the areas and abilities better.

OT: I'm working through the time trials and speed runs now, doing the trials for each chapter and then the speedrun right after so it's fresh. So far it's going really smooth, though I'll do the ch. 2 speedrun tonight so we'll see. I feel like some of the trials are super easy and only take 4-5 attempts for 3 stars and some are super hard to pull off perfectly.

Edited by Hemiak

• 1 year later...

I know that this is an old topic but to the newcomers struggling, just be patient. I'm no amazing gamer but I managed to pull through. Although it may be easier for me since no matter how many times I've failed I just continued because it is darn good and is my favourite so far this generation.

For chapter 2: I beat it in 9:30 and the time given was 11:00 or something. Anyways, you can skip climbing down the big hole by jumping on of the hanging platforms and once it auto releases and you begin plunging to your doom, you can land on the lowest platform unscathed, I know crazy right. I know you might be confused but just watch a tutorial online it'll help.:)

Chapter 9: caused me the most trouble... Everytime in the end they either kill me or I can't freaking shoot down the 4 signals in time.. But trick was just to keep trying and taking out the lmg guy first in the middle then spraying everywhere around you.

For time trials. Just aim for 2 stars each and download the free dlc. Then all you need is to get 3 stars on two or 3 maps. For 100% well idk, can't help cuz I haven't paid for the other dlc.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The Platinum isn't that hard 6/10 I would say... the 100% on the other hand are extremely hard. But I remember back when this game was new I wasn't able to beat any Speedrun besides Prologue and Chapter 1 so its one of the games which are heavily skill depending. For some this is a 4/10 for other a 9/10 (Platinum not 100%).

Edited by OBSTINATIO

• 8 months later...

I think most of us can agree upon that the platinum is at least challenging. But it was challenging in a very fun way, the trophies really made the game great. I got the platinum yesterday and it was the hardest one of my 36 platinums, but that's because most of my platinums are fairly easy, many PS2 platformers. However, it was harder than Hotline Miami, GTA: Vice City and Spec Ops: The Line, which I also have platinums in. Katamari Forever was pretty hard too, but in a completely different way, it was difficult to find and roll up every single object.

Edited by LankyKong

• 2 weeks later...

Have Get the 100% on 13 hours with 1h without play, but i have several knowledge on this game ( 5 years play only this game for speedrun ) 

so in my opinion platinium without DLC is 8/10 with dlc is 7/10, for the 100% is 9/10, yes if you know the game is 5-6/10 but if you never played before is hard game but depend player's, for some player this game is solid 9/10 for some other is 7-8/10 Like Vanquish is 9/10 but some player have the platinium ( but yes obviously some use save files, and is the same for mirror's edge ) 

• 2 months later...

It's been almost 7 years since i got plat, and i still don't get the difficulty rating

For me it's 5 or 6/10 at best

You just have to watch the fastest route on youtube and then replicate it. Sure, you won't do speedruns and time trials in the first try but it's completely doable

I haven't got the plat YET but I been playing it A LOT before I was a trophy hunter at my old accounts when it came years ago. My personal estimate is that it's somewhere between 6 and 8. It's certainly not a 9 or 10 where games such as Cloudberry Kingdom, Twisted Metal, Wipeout HD and some pinball games for instance. Maybe "Badland" too. Those games are not just "hard", they're stupid hard and that mean waaay harder than this. Maybe 100 % Mirrors Edge is 8-9 i difficulty compares to the most extreme games available on Playstation.

• 4 months later...