Adventure Mode and Wes Trophy Tips

DropeRj

I've recently finished this game with 100%.

I pretty much didn't like it for a lot of reasons, but I've tried to earn the trophies, but I've used a particular feature that was essential to reduce those time consuming "dumb deaths" I had in the game. 

The most annoying thing is that, each chapter takes at least 30 minutes of your time, even though you're trying to do a speed-run... so do the maths... if you die in the 4th or 5th chapter... you've just lost 2 hours or more... So the main tip for adventure mode besides the "Do a speed run every-time" is:

USE THE CLOUD SAVE ALMOST AFTER EVERY STEP YOU DO... (together with USB Saves)

Things like, 

- Before beginning a level

- Before finishing a level

- Before doing something drastical [like going through an obelisk (needs less than 30 insanity) or getting into a fight]

- After getting or finding some really good spot/item

This was the main cause so I could reach 100%, but even though, It was a pain in the 'butt', because even though you can save before finishing each chapter, the next chapter was always the same (the chapters are not "that" random), so when I was trying for Wes (the mimic) I got three times in a row the "two Worlds" in the 3rd Chapter. (to get Wes you need the 3rd chapter to be anything BUT "Two Worlds") So I needed to restar the whole adventure mode again.

My other tips:

- If you stay 20 days in a chapter, the "days" stacks to the other ones... what do I mean by "stack"? 

Even though the next chapter has 1 day counting, the stacking goes for enemies, like the spider hives... they evolve each day, so even though you're on day 1 in chapter 3, they can be a fully grown up spider hive that was only supposed to appear in day 20 or so...

- In my opinion the lumberjack is the best character. why?

1 - he always begins with an axe in the inventory... so you don't need those little rocks and the twigs to build an axe (only the pick axe)

2 - You have 7 days to get to full moon or chop a lot of tress in sequence so he enters the beaver mode... That you can actually use this to your benefit with 3 things: Explore the world (you have faster run, but you don't access the map), Kill enemies (WES ENEMIES!! Walrus!!)/Destroy the rocks/gold rocks without spending twigs (You can regain health by eating trees), Reduce your sanity on purpose to go trough an obelisk. (save before going into beaver mode, because all your items are dropped)

3 - it has decent health, insanity and hunger.

The tips for the chapters are simple: speed run all of them!

The winter ones you should always have twigs and wood in your inventory to make fires to warm you and your heat stone... if you can make a heat stone in the "king of winter" it will help a lot.

The darkness level, explore the world before attempting it... Remember to have a bug net (to pick up fireflies), gold and the straw hat to make the miner hat and walk in the dark using a hat and not consume your hands with other light emitting items.

If you get to the "two worlds" chapter, try to recover yourself in the first island and research the stuffs to take to the darkness and the next chapter (if you're at chapter 3)

Always have a lot of twigs and grass... they are the main items to take to the next chapter. If you have a walking cane or a walrus tusk, it's another important item. the last one it's your choice, can be winter gear, food, weapons... your choice.

Good luck and be persistent, you're going to need those!

Why you should do those cloud/usb saves?

- Before beginning a level

If you save before beginning a level, you can roam freely trough the world and know where the items are and where the enemies are, so you can restart the same level already knowing what to expect.

- Before finishing a level

Before finishing a level has three purposes

1 - every health, insanity and hunger its taken to the next level, so, if you make any mistake with those clockwork soldiers or if you've taken too much damage before completing the teleport machine, you can retry.

2 - To know the next chapter's world, so you can take the correct items to the next level. (For example, if it's King of winter, you can carry the "heat stone" and make your life less harder)

3 - to retry the next chapter with new randomness. Each time you finish the world and go for the next chapter, it goes random and so you can be lucky and have an easier time in this "retry".

- Before doing something drastical [like going through an obelisk (needs less than 30 insanity)]

No need to further explain this... you can mess up really good in this game for so little

- After getting or finding some really good spot/item

If you find the item or the enemie for the walking cane, you want it to drop the correct item after you've killed him... so you need a lot of effort to kill him for a "no drop" on the walrus tusk!?... Retry!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I agree that the back up save is a must.

As regards to the Wes trophy which I received the day prior to writing this, you want to do the following method thanks goes to imprevisible17 for providing me the info:

This only works if you go two worlds as your third chapter.

1) leave chapter three two worlds on save slot one, then upload save onto cloud

2) delete game from console as it is running on latest version 1.04, then reinstall making sure you delete the patch in the downloads. This will ensure you are playing on version 1.00.

3) Download online save to system storage in settings and then start up game.

At this point if you get an notification saying game update go to: notifications - downloads - delete patch.

4) start another game on save slot two and find maxwells door, once found save game to online storage once again

5) start game again and as long as you don't get archipelago Wes should spawn on map so ensure you such thoroughly. If you do get archipelago download save from online storage and enter maxwells door again.

I can confirm this worked on both attempts I tried upon receiving trophy, however I died first time. Tip as soon as you see Wes upload save.

• 10 months later...

Thank you very much for the tip. I have been playing the game non-stop for the past 8 days.

I just got to chapter three in Adventure mode and it is Two Worlds, I spent a lot of time research and read many horror stories of people doing adventure mode up to 10 times and still getting Two worlds on chapter three.

I'll try this method today and update.

The method above worked for me, after countless tries getting two worlds on world 3 and getting archipelado once with no Wes...

BUT it is no longer possible since games come with patch already downloaded on the ps store now ... Sorry mate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...