Do NOT buy the Holodome DLC

What the DLC promised: 

-Not respawnable bosses to appear in the holodome, which is pretty much the endgame fix this game needed

-New enemies and all that exciting stuff

What it delivers:

-10 new levels, with 10 skillpoints

-6 new weapons. One of them kills yourself, so effectively its only 5. They are given to you as quest rewards, so no farming/endgame involved there

-The arena is so huge that you will have to SEARCH for your enemies. Thats just bad game design, I mean, this is supposed to be a hoard mode where you DONT have to search for your enemies. Bandit and Hyperion Dome from Borderlands 2 had better design and they were NOT DLC

-2 new enemies. One is pretty much only a reskin with 1 new move or so, the other is fine. But 2 is just... nope

-Only ONE... ONE boss that was not respawnable: Flameknuckle. Does not fix the endgame at all. All other bosses remain UNRESPAWNABLE. Oh and Felicity, but she already respawns anyways, you would be faster farming her normally

-Area looks like Eleseer/Tycho's Ribs, so it looks pretty bland, we already saw this a lot

-You are in the same arene the whole time

-Combat music is the exact same as in Eleseer, not only was it a pretty boring music, but why did they not use a new OST

-The only enemies that appear are Dahl soldiers and Guardians. You can just go to Tycho's Ribs if you really want to fight those, I mean, the area looks the same

-The data that I give on the enemies are 100% legit, I checked through the list, its not randomised. You will literally only get these enemies. No Zarpedon. No Powersuit Noob. No nothing

-> Valued at 10$

Considering that stuff like the Son of Crawmerax DLC was like 3$ on Borderlands 2 and it was about 500000 times better than this shit. DO NOT BUY THE HOLODOME DLC

Unless you want to waste your money.

I lost all my hope for TPS, they will probably never fix the endgame

• Like 3

I feel like Gearbox is just in it for the cash grab with this game.

2K Australia did most of the work for it and that's why its so broken.

I opted not to buy the season pass this go around when I heard that they are doing...

2 New Characters

1 Level Cap + Holodome

1 Campaign Mission DLC

Moxxi's Underdome was a huge disappointment for a lot of players and I'm surprised that they have tried it again. (Just another inexpensive way to make a cash grab.)

I am interested in seeing what the new campaign DLC will be like if its going to be as large as some of the rumors going around.

Edited by jorgeammo

So I got the DLC.  Have to say, having to find the enemies gets real old.  They basically get stuck on walls and such.  Overall the DLC is pretty basic.  Probably more of a $2.99 than a $9.99.  It's nice to have more skill points available, and the idea of each round being a chapter in the game was neat, but also shows how short the actual story was in the game.  Trophies are super easy.

• 6 months later...

IMO this dlc was not worth the $30 at all. Holodome was a jk and the story dlc isn't anything special at all. I'm about halfway through it. Glad my brother paid for it and I was able to share.

Do the new characters change the story in any way? I noticed they talked specifically to each character. I like that.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree it wasn’t exactly a great DLC, but I have to get the 100%. The tiny bit of story it did have was not bad but it’s basically just audio. Every enemy is scattered across the map just waiting, took me about an hour to complete the badass round. 

• Like 1