L.A Noire Sequel?

boombatakr

I am only on the Vice desk at the moment but absolutely love the concept of investigating a crime scene, finding clues and interviewing witnesses. It's a thinking mans game which is rare, but it is so much fun to play. 

I am wondering if they would ever do a sequel game, but keep the theme of the game, not the era. Meaning I would love to see a modern version of the game in the vein of CSI. Everything you do in this game but in the city streets of modern  L.A.  

To me, it only makes sense to change when the next story takes place rather then keep it the same with all new cases. Even a western version! Could you imagine being a Sheriff in the old west investigating a train robbery or a gang shoot out? It would be like Red Dead Redemption, but you are on the scene after the fact, rather then being in the actual shootout before hand. I just love this concept of game, and can be taken in so many different directions. Would you like a sequel, and what would you like to see in the game? Where would you like it to take place or when?

Edited by boombatakr
  • Like 3

There's just no other game out there like LA Noire, I too absolutely loved it and want a sequel. The developers started working on a game called Whore of the Orient years ago but last time I heard it was cancelled or put on hold... Here's hoping it comes out eventually.

I would like a sequel to L.A. Noire or something like it. The era doesn't really matter to me but I think that's what helped L.A. Noire a lot so I would say maybe the 60's-90's if there was another game like it at least.

Team Bondi didn't go bankrupt? This game took something like 6 years to make and the sell weren't that good, so they actually lose money on L.A. Noire. Also, the president of Team Bondi was a real a**hole and make his Devs works like machines all weeks long. This is what I read though so take that with a grain of salt.

I think all the projects from this team have been cancelled. It's very unlikely that we will see a sequel to this game. It's sad because it was indeed a great game!

Instead of a sequel, I'd wish they would have released a series of DLC adding the Fraud and Burglary Desks that was originally going to be in the game. There's remnants in the game at least for Burglary. The Captain for Homicide mentions that you're transferring in from Burglary during your introduction to the department. Also, when you talk to Harold Caldwell from Burglary during one of the Vice cases, he mentions in passing that he and Phelps worked together before, so it's thought he would've been your partner.

Edited by damon8r351

Rockstar actually own the IP when Team Bondi were having money problems they bought it/was part of the original deal to help a bit unclear (http://www.technobuffalo.com/2011/08/09/l-a-noire-developer-going-bankrupt-sells-assets-and-ip/) look if R* turned round and said they wanted to make it for ps4 etc Take Two are very unlikely to say no, the fact the 1st one did not make money was because it had been rebooted several times at several different places Sony being one of them, if rockstar made the game from the get go costs would be lower, quality higher and sales/reviews likely much better. Only problem the earliest you will see this is after next gen red dead so a good 3-6 years out i recon, but actually think they will make one its  R* they do what they want because they have the sales to back it, only so much you can do when you rescue a game, Red Dead revolver was the same they rescued it, it got not brilliant sales, game was good but could have been so much better an then years down the line get a sequel. Rule nothing out with Rockstar, but i am still waiting for Agent. 

Its a shame that we probably won't ever get a sequel to L.A. Noire.  It's a great game....however, I understand why most developers are hesitant on trying this style of genre.

Very niche and for most gamers there is almost no replay value available for it.  Destined to sell low :\

The development of L.A. Noire was rife with miscommunication, delays, rewrites, lay-offs and (most importantly in regards to a sequel) overspending of the budget. Rockstar had to take the reigns from Team Bondi about a year before release to make sure some sort of product got released, and that doesn't bode well for a sequel. 

Rockstar have publicly stated that the game isn't a Rockstar game, and doesn't contain the quality normally associated with a Rockstar game. I personally like L.A. Noire, but its pacing and story jumped between incoherent and plain bad. There were some fantastic ideas in there, though, so I would love to see a sequel see the light of day sometime in the future. However, because of the protracted development of the original I can't see Rockstar jumping onboard for a sequel any time soon.

• Like 1

On the day of the game's U.S. release, shares in Take-Two Interactive, Rockstar Games' parent company, closed up 7.75% on the day; a three-year high for the company. The rise was attributed to the positive reviews that L.A. Noire had been receiving. In the last available figures from February 2012, the game had shipped almost 5 million copies.

According to NPD GroupL.A. Noire was the best-selling game in the United States in May 2011, at 899,000 copies across the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

L.A. Noire went straight to top of the UK games chart and became the fastest selling new intellectual property in the UK (a record it held until the 2014 release of Watch Dogs). It stayed top of the UK game chart for three weeks. In Australia, video game stores in major cities reported that the game was going out of stock after a week. L.A. Noire debuted in Japan for the week of 4–10 July and sold a combined 71,057 units on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The PlayStation 3 version topped the chart, with 58,436 units sold, and the Xbox 360 version moved 12,621 units.

On 13 February 2012, Rockstar Games answered numerous fan questions about their games, including a question regarding the future of the L.A. Noire franchise. Rockstar said that they are "considering what the future may hold for L.A. Noire as a series", adding that they "don't always rush to make sequels". They also announced that no further DLC or additional content would be developed for the current edition. In March 2013, Karl Slatoff, chief operating officer of Take-Two Interactive, revealed that the company has an "extensive pipeline of unannounced titles in development" and mentioned that the L.A. Noire franchise was important to the company.

And this is just pulled from it's wikipedia page.

I wouldn't be so doubtful about a sequel, it may not be for a while but I think there will definitely be one.

Look how long the Red Dead Revolver sequel took to get here.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

While this is a good game, I think a complete re-release of the game would work for generating the necessary community feedback for forcing a sequel, with that being said though and as is I think releasing a  DLC that is a new desk would be better that DLCs that are individual cases but that's just me.

IF Phelps managed to survive the final case in a coma or with amnesia it would leave room for a sequel in the same period of time (Late 1940s). A modern day sequel could in theory feature one of Phelps' daughters as the protagonist, but that would be speculation on my part.

Take what I have said however you will, but thats my opinion on the matter.