L.A Noire Sequel?

boombatakr

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2014 at 10:30 PM, theindieboy said:

Rockstar actually own the IP when Team Bondi were having money problems they bought it/was part of the original deal to help a bit unclear (http://www.technobuffalo.com/2011/08/09/l-a-noire-developer-going-bankrupt-sells-assets-and-ip/) look if R* turned round and said they wanted to make it for ps4 etc Take Two are very unlikely to say no, the fact the 1st one did not make money was because it had been rebooted several times at several different places Sony being one of them, if rockstar made the game from the get go costs would be lower, quality higher and sales/reviews likely much better. Only problem the earliest you will see this is after next gen red dead so a good 3-6 years out i recon, but actually think they will make one its  R* they do what they want because they have the sales to back it, only so much you can do when you rescue a game, Red Dead revolver was the same they rescued it, it got not brilliant sales, game was good but could have been so much better an then years down the line get a sequel. Rule nothing out with Rockstar, but i am still waiting for Agent. 

you're talking out of your ass mate, L.A. Noire was one of Rockstar's best games and they were clear about it, its getting a remaster for all current gen consoles and new content for VR (which I hope will come out for PS VR). The news about Team Bondi working in extreme conditions and the crunch hours being inhuman were false accusations made by a fired employee to a journalist who made the fatale mistake of believing one source over investigating further into his story and because of his incompetence a team of over 120 people went our of business, remember this happened before the game came out and it had an impact on the sales, things went downhill from there because Team Bondi didn't make any official statements for a long time, articles were being posted left and right and by the time the journalist that posted the accusations got to the truth it was too late, Rockstar was going to acquire Team Bondi and name is Rockstar Sydney but that never happened because they didn't want associate with them, Team Bondi managed to survive to fight another day with Whore Of The Orient which was a lost battle but whatever, and by the way Team Bondi for WOTO was the original L.A. Noire team, how come you go back to work for the people who slave you away? because they don't, you're working fine for them. 

• Like 1

On 14/09/2017 at 10:23 AM, Soufwar said:

you're talking out of your ass mate, L.A. Noire was one of Rockstar's best games and they were clear about it, its getting a remaster for all current gen consoles and new content for VR (which I hope will come out for PS VR). The news about Team Bondi working in extreme conditions and the crunch hours being inhuman were false accusations made by a fired employee to a journalist who made the fatale mistake of believing one source over investigating further into his story and because of his incompetence a team of over 120 people went our of business, remember this happened before the game came out and it had an impact on the sales, things went downhill from there because Team Bondi didn't make any official statements for a long time, articles were being posted left and right and by the time the journalist that posted the accusations got to the truth it was too late, Rockstar was going to acquire Team Bondi and name is Rockstar Sydney but that never happened because they didn't want associate with them, Team Bondi managed to survive to fight another day with Whore Of The Orient which was a lost battle but whatever, and by the way Team Bondi for WOTO was the original L.A. Noire team, how come you go back to work for the people who slave you away? because they don't, you're working fine for them. 

Okay, A) I love LA Noire was not talking about the quality of the game purely the sales in comparison to other R* games and the budget of the game (further explained below). B ) Have you seen the date i posted this, hey bloody hell am impressed with my ball parking as is 3-6 years later and after next gen Red Dead, its 3 years later and was likely planned to be afterRed Dead but that release has slipped several times.

Additionally in the quote bit i don't refer to the work conditions stuff at all was not talking about that, it was speculation at the time i posted etc. Instead was talking about the number of publishers etc attached and reboots (known facts) when new publishers etc attached this all increases dev time and dev increasing the total cost, with changes or even just backend buisness stuff, to make the game than if Rockstar built a new one from the ground up as they would not have to reboot/take notes etc each time a new pub was involved, would likely be produced quicker, additionally there was a lot of investment in tech (facial capture) in the orginal game this is now fairly standard etc so would greatly reduce costs on that front aswell. With that all said the game would likely cost far less so even with similar numbers be profitable but likely have far better numbers as tech is better and won't have as muddled (changing pubs) dev so likely better quality (single vision).  Personally see this as either a sign that LA Noire 2 is coming or that Take Two/Rockstar want to judge how well one would do without the noise/distractions the orginal release had.

None of that is any judgement on Team Bondi team/skill or anything else, they were a smaller studio without the money/freedom than R*, got screwed by pubs dropping them and then bad press around release, which all sucked as i loved the game and am very happpy it is coming back.

Thanks for the reminder am pretty happy with my predictions from 3 years ago coming pretty much spot on and yes I am still waiting for Agent another 3 years on.

On 9/20/2017 at 0:51 PM, theindieboy said:

Okay, A) I love LA Noire was not talking about the quality of the game purely the sales in comparison to other R* games and the budget of the game (further explained below). B ) Have you seen the date i posted this, hey bloody hell am impressed with my ball parking as is 3-6 years later and after next gen Red Dead, its 3 years later and was likely planned to be afterRed Dead but that release has slipped several times.

Additionally in the quote bit i don't refer to the work conditions stuff at all was not talking about that, it was speculation at the time i posted etc. Instead was talking about the number of publishers etc attached and reboots (known facts) when new publishers etc attached this all increases dev time and dev increasing the total cost, with changes or even just backend buisness stuff, to make the game than if Rockstar built a new one from the ground up as they would not have to reboot/take notes etc each time a new pub was involved, would likely be produced quicker, additionally there was a lot of investment in tech (facial capture) in the orginal game this is now fairly standard etc so would greatly reduce costs on that front aswell. With that all said the game would likely cost far less so even with similar numbers be profitable but likely have far better numbers as tech is better and won't have as muddled (changing pubs) dev so likely better quality (single vision).  Personally see this as either a sign that LA Noire 2 is coming or that Take Two/Rockstar want to judge how well one would do without the noise/distractions the orginal release had.

None of that is any judgement on Team Bondi team/skill or anything else, they were a smaller studio without the money/freedom than R*, got screwed by pubs dropping them and then bad press around release, which all sucked as i loved the game and am very happpy it is coming back.

Thanks for the reminder am pretty happy with my predictions from 3 years ago coming pretty much spot on and yes I am still waiting for Agent another 3 years on.

Agent is happening, the game has been confirmed by Rockstar, i can see it coming out for PS3 and PS4 (PS3 just as good measure since it was promised on that platform, kind of like Persona 5 was). That game will either have a crazy stylistic approach to cover the fact the PS3 cant handle the power needed to run a photorealitic approach, i can see Agent as a small game from R* because they dont have the time to sink money into a single platform game, they’re far too bug for 10-20 million sales so they’ll probably make it as long as The Warriors or Bully. As to what you said about L.A. Noire i thought you were attacking Team Bondi when they already had enough shit hit them by an amateur journalist with wild false accusations and a media spiral that fucked them after that, i hope we’ll see Whore Of The Orient resurface one day and R* making at least one sequel to L.A. Noire or doing something with the franchise and not letting it die or keep rereleasing it. 

• 1 month later...

This is just my opinion but I think that L.A. Noire being re-released on PS4 is going to tell Rockstar if there is enough interest in L.A. Noire to grant a sequel. If the re-release is sub par then why would Rockstar waste money on a game model that nobody is interested in anymore.

I personally loved the concept of LA Noire because it turned the tables on you. Because you're so used to GTA and being the bad guy killing the cops and so forth, now you're the good guy and you can't kill cops and slap prostitutes around. 

On 22/09/2017 at 3:09 PM, Soufwar said:

Agent is happening, the game has been confirmed by Rockstar, i can see it coming out for PS3 and PS4 (PS3 just as good measure since it was promised on that platform, kind of like Persona 5 was). That game will either have a crazy stylistic approach to cover the fact the PS3 cant handle the power needed to run a photorealitic approach, i can see Agent as a small game from R* because they dont have the time to sink money into a single platform game, they’re far too bug for 10-20 million sales so they’ll probably make it as long as The Warriors or Bully. As to what you said about L.A. Noire i thought you were attacking Team Bondi when they already had enough shit hit them by an amateur journalist with wild false accusations and a media spiral that fucked them after that, i hope we’ll see Whore Of The Orient resurface one day and R* making at least one sequel to L.A. Noire or doing something with the franchise and not letting it die or keep rereleasing it. 

Personally think Sony let them out the deal for marketing rights to a number of games, GTA and Red Dead have both had Sony branding on trailers etc. and GTA was shown at sony press confrences. Its a shame would like a new IP from  Rockstart but just don't see it happening when was the last time Agent was talked about? I know Rockstar have been complimented by the NSA for being less leaky than them but somehow don't think this has been in dev for all this time and nothing leaked that a lot of years. As for releasing on PS3 that would be very intresting and can't see that making finical sense. We may see one day but can see this going down as one of the legendary video game myths. Time will tell

• Like 1

On 11/7/2017 at 2:37 PM, theindieboy said:

Personally think Sony let them out the deal for marketing rights to a number of games, GTA and Red Dead have both had Sony branding on trailers etc. and GTA was shown at sony press confrences. Its a shame would like a new IP from  Rockstart but just don't see it happening when was the last time Agent was talked about? I know Rockstar have been complimented by the NSA for being less leaky than them but somehow don't think this has been in dev for all this time and nothing leaked that a lot of years. As for releasing on PS3 that would be very intresting and can't see that making finical sense. We may see one day but can see this going down as one of the legendary video game myths. Time will tell

Like i said, Agent could end up as a small 4-8 hours tight narrative game or a 2D indie like game because Rockstar cant afford to make a GTA or a RDR exclusive anymore, they’re too big for that now, i dont think Sony will let them out of the deal, pospone it maybe, but not entirely out! Do you know how big a Rockstar exclusive would be for PS4 and how much of a hit will Xbox and Switch take from that? It would be a huge W for Sony. They probably still want their exclusive and i would hope that when it releases, it would release for PS3 as well for good measure. 

• 2 months later...

I love la noire and am enjoying remaster...personally i didnt think csi hit anywhere close n the glitches that made the plat unobtainable for me were too much...to me la noire is the reverse side of the coin to gta....exactally what the genre needed and id welcome a sequel with open arms and wallet ready

• Like 1