Master of the North Atlantic Trophy

cd_BE

So those ships are pretty easy  :facepalm:. No challenge I thought... I can't seem to beat The Storm Fortress .

The 2 ships that come to his aid are just to fast to fight off The Storm Fortress and keep clear from the 2 new ones...  :rolleyes:

I tried every tactic I found online, and I stil can't do it  :(

Any more tips would be welcome 

I used the charged thingy, and the burning oil - if you land the charge ok it should take less then 30 sec to down the ship, and the 2 others should be a fair fight with around two bars of health

So the less then 30 sec approach didn't go well  :unsure: . But I'm gonna try it again and again. Thanks.

the easy way to beat storm fortress is to put the immortal cheat on before you start the mission and then when its finished and your back in the north atlantic switch cheat back off you will go back to the loading screen and the trophy will pop

Briljant, got the trophy. Now I just have to beat the ship for the ingame rewards. Didn't think of using a cheat  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone looking here for help later on, I have some tips for those that don't want to use cheats from my experience from beating it.

-Make sure your ship is fully upgraded. You'll need every bit of it.

-Use your mortars. They are your best friend.

-Always be using your Puckle guns while waiting for a reload of anything. The damage adds up over time. It's your best tool here for speeding things up. 

-Avoid taking broadsides. The b**** launches volleys for days... you will not survive many of them. Trust me. I learned the hard way.

-If you find yourself very close to The Storm Fortress, Heavy Shot will be your go to here. 

-If you find yourself very close to an of the ships, if you get in front of it, drop as much Burning Oil as you can.

-When the Storm Fortress launches it's mortars, be wary of the flame pools that come with them. If you need to stop in the water to avoid running in the flames, do it! 

-When the other two ships show up, avoid getting between the two. Use your mortars from a distance, but getting close to them is okay here so long as you aren't one shot away from death. 

• Like 2

Another useful tip is to try your best to go in front of the ship and use burning oil which will lower the first big ship's health quickly, then start attacking with mortars when the ship tries to turn away. Should be easy once you do that as the 2 incoming ships are easy to kill with mortars.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

I used the ram charge to get out of the way of the 6 or so broadside rounds should I had gotten too close. One of the secondary vessels will try to ram you at points so it would be imperative to use either heavy shot from the sides, or burning oil from the rear.

• 1 month later...

the easy way to beat storm fortress is to put the immortal cheat on before you start the mission and then when its finished and your back in the north atlantic switch cheat back off you will go back to the loading screen and the trophy will pop

I think they patched that out, but if you want to delete the patch and do it offline, you can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think they patched that out, but if you want to delete the patch and do it offline, you can.

I can confirm that as of 30th June 2015, that this still works, not only that but it works like a charm.

gaztime83 God bless you for suggesting this. I was getting so frustrated with this. You are my hero.

• 1 month later...