Batman: Arkham Knight - Batmobile Edition revealed

kidhero99

Just revealed by GAME UK, got a spare £170 lying around?

BatmanAKBatmobileEd.jpg

Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Edition includes:

Batmobile Statue - Fully transformable Batmobile statue realised in exquisite detail by Triforce.
Steelbook - Unique Steelbook case and Batman: Arkham Knight game disc
Artbook - 80 page, full colour art book showcasing the concept art of Batman: Arkham Knight.
Skin Pack - Three unique skins from DC Comics' New 52 series.
Comicbook - Limited Edition DC Comic

Looking pretty sweet but I'm not a fan of that release date. Rather have it earlier than that though.9aAINLL.gif

• Like 1

Also, new info from the lastest Edge Magazine.

EDG275_ipad-610x789.jpg

1. Rocksteady is making sure the Batmobile is more than just a plot device. It wont be used to move from point A to point B with random shootouts. They want the Batmobile to be used as a compliment to Batman and it will make the game much better.

2. Rocksteady is aware of all the theories online and are "emphatic that he's not an existing DC player, but a villain of its own creation."

3. "Batman has not been nerfed to make the car more powerful. In fact, he has been buffed."

4. Holding L2 transforms the Batmobile into Battle mode, which is idea for tight situations. R2 fires the weapons in battle mode instead of boosting.

5. Longer combos in the Batmobile will yield more powerful weaponry.

6. There is an enemy type that fires 3 rounds at once in a forked pattern that can only be damaged with weakspot strikes from the cooldown-managed grenade launcher.

7. "The Arkham Knight's militia set up checkpoints in the world that make terra firma a dangerous place for Batman on foot. Clear them out, however and the enemy threat in the vicinity will thin out."

8. "There's no sign of the Batmabile's importance more telling than that you call it with the same button that once used to activate Detective Mode. The latter now mapped to the D-pad is still vital, though you can only use it on foot.

9. While gadgets such as the batarang are still selected from the radial menu, efforts have been made to streamline the process. Explosive gel, for example, is now a context sensitive action when Batman is standing in front of a destructible surface

10. The Animators shoot motion capture 3-4 times a week. Most of the time they do their own Mo-cap work instead of getting an Actor. "The team knows exactly what it wants, and if it needs a specific action, it's quicker to just do it than explain it."

11. Combat has been tweaked. Enemies will have more animations (instead of the shared punches and kicks from Asylum and City). "Some enemies charge at you, and must be taken down with a quick Batarang throw, something that has long been optional in Arkham's combat but is now frequently essential.

12. "A tightly executed counter will push your opponent back, knocking down any enemies behind them, something that in the previous games, could have meant the end of your combo, since a downed enemy could not be struck except with a knockout blow. Now, you can land a lightly damaging hit on enemies while they;re down, or pick them back up for another pummeling, ensuring Batman's flow remains unbroken." (#HellYeah)

13. You will have a window after a move where you get a chance to counter, no matter what you are doing. This will slow down the animation a little bit.

14. The Silent Takedowns recharge the Fear Takedowns. Fear Takedowns are not silent and will alert enemies to your presence, which can be a good thing.

15. The audio has been recoded to enhance the game thanks to the Next Gen consoles. Music will be in surround where as Arkham City only featured stereo.

16. Hill is mum on details on the game, he does not wish to have any spoilers, but he did mention that Commissioner Gordon would play a bigger role. (Dont expect a bunch of story related content in the trailers) 

• Like 3

I'm usually not a big fan of these collector's editions for videogames, they don't really add much to the game itself for me, other than artwork i'll look at once, music i'll never listen to outside of the game and a Steelbox that annoyingly sticks out from the rest of my collection.

This Batmobile, on the other hand, would look really good on my shelf.

It looks good but too steep for my wallet. I'll get the normal CE instead

Also, new info from the lastest Edge Magazine.

EDG275_ipad-610x789.jpg

Thanks for the news, I like that there we won't be any story info in the forthcoming trailers. That kinda tarnished Arkham city imo. All the super villain trailers spoiled the game a bit

There is also an alternative edition with a Batman statue instead.

BAKBatmanStatue.jpg?resize=2179%2C1180

imdb.com is a good place to work a few things out too, cast list is up:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3554580/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

John Noble as Scarecrow isn't a rumour though and needs to be updated on the site, you can hear him in the Ace Chemicals trailers that were circulating recently.

Edited by Captain_Cutscene