Issues with 15 snowmen in 1 run?

Mouse611

• 2 weeks later...

There's a day 1 layout where 2nd and 3rd map are both wintermaps, you could reset untill you get that layout since theres about 15 snowmen total in those 2 (might be 1-2 short, cant remember preciesly)

I'm still having trouble...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

practice and luck. Practice will help you get through levels quicker and more efficiently. You need a large amount of luck as so much in this game is random i.e. the amount of humans spawned, the levels that appear.

I found I had better runs when I didn't have to go through the stupid level that has all the closing doors that can kill you. That level, I quit sometimes if I have it early on just because it sucks my time like no other level.

I have been restarting my game each time to get a snow level at the beginning and have easily been able to get 8 snowmen in one snow level, the trick is finding a second or a 3rd snow level which can be down right impossible when the levels they put out are not connectors to the snow levels.

In saying that, I feel that certain levels are connectors to them and some are not as I have never encountered snow levels after them.

Also, playing the mini games that are on the path are essential as even getting the first prize will give you an extra 5 seconds. added up, if you play 5 mini games without wasting time to get to them, that is 25 extra seconds and that will help anyone. Also, knowing where to use the special abilities.

Grab(yellow)- Stops you for a good 5 seconds while you grab people. I made it to night 20 without much trouble, but it does take a certain amount of luck to get the right levels to appear. Some are easier than others, but that door closing level can go kiss my ass.

Edited by allenbird

• 4 weeks later...

There's a day 1 layout where 2nd and 3rd map are both wintermaps, you could reset untill you get that layout since theres about 15 snowmen total in those 2 (might be 1-2 short, cant remember preciesly)

I'm pretty sure there's only 14 snowmen in those 2 different maps, unless I missed one. So you will have to get a third map. Anyway, I got the 2 different snow maps early on, then was lucky enough to get them again in succession on day/night 11.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm if theres 15 (or more ) snowmen in 2 maps. I know that theres 14, because I was able to find that many, however I ran out of time and wasn't able to continue searching.

Can anyone confirm if theres 15 (or more ) snowmen in 2 maps. I know that theres 14, because I was able to find that many, however I ran out of time and wasn't able to continue searching.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like they've changed the snow level spawn rate or something. Everyone talks about having to get three, but... honestly the last few days I've barely seen them at all. I still haven't gotten the snowballs achievement because even doing it every time I see it, snow levels spawn so rarely.

• 1 year later...

This trophy is a bitch.

I started up a run and got both snow maps on the second day. Then I had my best run ever, going 24 nights, 39 sticker packs, over 72k points so you'd think I could find that last snowman?  NOT A CHANCE.  ZERO respawns of the snow maps in 22 nights???

The real kick in the nuts is that once I started the the very next run - BOOM two snowmaps again.

Grrr.

There must be either a way to trigger them or the are 15 snowmen on those two maps.  

• 1 month later...

This trophy is a bitch.

I started up a run and got both snow maps on the second day. Then I had my best run ever, going 24 nights, 39 sticker packs, over 72k points so you'd think I could find that last snowman?  NOT A CHANCE.  ZERO respawns of the snow maps in 22 nights???

The real kick in the nuts is that once I started the the very next run - BOOM two snowmaps again.

Grrr.

There must be either a way to trigger them or the are 15 snowmen on those two maps.  

any new ideas how to spawn the snowMaps more quickly?

any new ideas how to spawn the snowMaps more quickly?

No idea.  I tried uninstalling the game, and reinstalling it without the patch but with the DLC and then couldn't get the game to load.  I was hoping that would help the spawn rate.  

Currently I'm restarting the game at V 1.0 to get my last trophy for the plat, and then I will mess around with the DLC again.  Done lots of reading, not much info out there on how to get the snow maps to spawn, but 33% of people have managed it.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I know it's an old game but finally i got it. I made 100+ playtroughts, there are no way for a frequent spawn of those damn level if some one want to try this trophy just restart until you find as the first level the snow this is the only help. On my run i finished level 22 and i have found 3 snow level. For make a perfect run stay focus, there are no shortcut in this game don't waste time killing people just kill every one is close to you, the same is for mini games do only the closest. If some one need tips i can help. 

• 3 months later...

This is a horrible trophy. Now that I've gotten the hang of the game, I usually reach day 12+. Most runs are without any snow area at all ... I had one lucky run with a double snow area on the 6th day and another double snow area on the 8th day. This run also randomly held my last elf and my last snowball, all in all one lucky snow run.
That was also my latest run with multiple snow areas. Real glad I randomly got this trophy so I only have to simply grind out the game to completion.

• 1 year later...

When Jack Frost Popped for me I was on day 19. Out of all the long game crashing play throughs I had, I found that on average I would see both snow areas every 10 days. One time I had both snow areas twice before day 10. If you’re going for platinum on this game I wouldn’t even worry about this trophy cause as long as you can make it to day 20 you’ll see the two snow areas twice in my opinion, THAT’S also assuming you farmed the 8 snow men in the Park area and the 6 snow men in the Suburb graveyard area. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2023 at 8:47 PM, Aimhigh8 said:

When Jack Frost Popped for me I was on day 19. Out of all the long game crashing play throughs I had, I found that on average I would see both snow areas every 10 days. One time I had both snow areas twice before day 10. If you’re going for platinum on this game I wouldn’t even worry about this trophy cause as long as you can make it to day 20 you’ll see the two snow areas twice in my opinion, THAT’S also assuming you farmed the 8 snow men in the Park area and the 6 snow men in the Suburb graveyard area. 

Damn day 19 good run, am finding this hard to get snow levels aswell think i had 12 snowmen at day11 1 time now no snow levels at all

Ok so i put my internet off and set the date on my vita to 25/12/23 then after everyday 25/12/24 etc i got to day 23 failed but in them 23days i got snow maps 6 times not sure if i was lucky or this trick worked just putting it here to maybe help others 🙂

• 2 months later...

Just got this trophy. I was very afraid of this one at first. But if you learn to just speedrun and avoid most enemies, only getting the ones in front of you, then it becomes easy. You can get to round 8-10 easily.

I got the trophy on round 10 or 11 iirc.

There are 2 snow areas, the big lake has 8 snowmen, the city 6 apparently. I got a lake map in round 4 or so, and in round 10 or so again a lake map (8+8=16). If you get a city map to spawn, you will need 3 snow areas in total since city has only 6.

It is probably to restart / change dates till you get a snow map on round 1 or 2 to make your life easier, though I didnt do that.

Funny thing, here is a developer posting something about this sh'tty trophy back in 2014:

• Like 1