Red Dead Redemption 2, Bully 2 & L.A. Noire 2?

Lovejinder_LJ

Red Dead Redemption 2, Bully 2 or LA Noire 2 a Matter of "Bandwidth and Timing"

With Grand Theft Auto V story DLC seemingly the next thing on Rockstar's radar, there's no dampening the enthusiasm for a sequel to Red Dead Redemption, Bully or LA Noire. And in a recent community Q&A, Rockstar has addressed queries regarding follow-ups to its biggest non-GTA franchises.

"It’s wonderful to see so much excitement and enthusiasm for the Red Dead series, and nearly 5 years after Red Dead Redemption’s release(!)," Rockstar said in response to requests for a Red Dead Redemption sequel. "As we’ve mentioned when asked in the past about new games in other series such as Red Dead Redemption, Bully and L.A. Noire, we don’t always rush to make sequels, but that does not mean we won’t get to them eventually.

"We have so many games we want to make and the issue is always one of bandwidth and timing," Rockstar added. "We thank longtime fans such as yourselves as always for your amazing support and please stay tuned in 2015 for announcements of what’s to come from Rockstar Games."

med_rdr_honorfame_01_1280x720.jpg

Source: Playstationtrophies.org

Which would you lot like to see first? A sequel to Red Dead Redemption, Bully or LA Noire? Perhaps you want all three or none? Or something else entirely. Let me know in the comments.

Although I want all three, Bully's sequel should be next, just so many memories from that game :awesome:

Edited by Lovejinder_LJ

L.A Noire doesn't need a sequel IMO. Reason? Because it had a satisfying ending and making a sequel would just feel kind of weird, i mean what would be the point of the story? Now Red Dead 2 is something everybody, including me wants to see. The story of John's son Jack after he got his revenge, freeroam doesn't cut it we need a whole new story centered on him. So yeah, the point of my comment is that if i had to choose a sequel to one of these games, it would be Red Dead Redemption. A truly amazing game that is 10/10 material.

Edited because i don't want more quoting. Im so sorry im not as old school as you guys -__-

Edited by Jetstream Sam

Bully should be next. Red Dead already got a sequel, which was Redemption. As for L.A. Noire, it really doesn't need a sequel, the game should be left just as it is, a masterpiece. (in my opinion) And if L.A. Noire were to get a sequel, it wouldn't matter in this category, since Team Bondi are who made L.A Noire, not Rockstar. Rockstar only published the game.

Edited by jack21_98
  • Like 4

L.A. Noire won't get a sequel. Rockstar was just the publisher, Team Bondi actually did the footwork of making the game. Team Bondi was dismembered after the game released, going into bankruptcy, all of it's assets being liquidated and bought up, and various team members getting farmed out to various Rockstar studios. The former head of Team Bondi is apparently working on a new game called Whore of the Orient with some former members of Team Bondi. If there is a sequel to L.A. Noire, it'll be made by Rockstar themselves or whatever studio they dupe into making it for them, and it won't be like what made L.A. Noire good.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

I never played bully but would be willing to play a sequal if they make it. I may be one of the few here but I have had a hard time getting into RDR and Loved L.A. Noire.

If they would make a L.A. Noire sequal I hope it is in a different era and different characters.

I honestly would like to see a new IP.

• Like 1

Bully is easily the series with the most untapped potential. The original game was an understated classic, especially considering the amount of roadblocks put in its way leading up to its initial release; if any younger members here thought the controversy around Grand Theft Auto V was bad you should've been around for the Bully madness, or should I say the Canis Canem Edit madness.

So, I say the time is right for a new Bully game.

Guys. what i MEANT to say was that i've heard of the game but never played it. Although, your reactions were pretty funny. Amusing to say the least.

I honestly don't know how else someone saying, "I don't know what that is" is meant to be interpreted, in fairness. 

• Like 1

Another thing, if they're going to continue the Old West theme in a Red Dead sequel, they're going to have to set it in a different year. People forget that the game ended in 1914, right at the end of the "Old West" era. After that, there's the Pancho Villa Expedition in 1916 where George Patton as a young lieutenant was involved in one of the last Old West style shootouts with some Mexican banditos, then after that is pretty much nothing. They'd be stretching the definition of "the Old West", and Redemption already had the theme of the Old West gunfighter being a dying breed.

Maybe they can place the sequel somewhere in the middle 1920s, Jack's older and a lawman in Chicago, dealing with the rise of Al Capone. Then they can merge gunfighting from RDR with the investigation from L.A. Noire together, and that'd be a really stupid fricken idea, please don't do that Rockstar.

• Like 3

L.A Noire doesn't need a sequel IMO. Reason? Because it had a satisfying ending and making a sequel would just feel kind of weird, i mean what would be the point of the story? Now Red Dead 2 is something everybody, including me wants to see. The story of John's son Jack after he got his revenge, freeroam doesn't cut it we need a whole new story centered on him. So yeah, the point of my comment is that if i had to choose a sequel to one of these games, it would be Red Dead Redemption. A truly amazing game that is 10/10 material.

Edited because i don't want more quoting. Im so sorry im not as old school as you guys -__-

Agreed on L.A Noire there, although do you think it could work if it was a completely standalone story with different characters and set in the same time period? I think the technology they used isn't exclusive to poor Team Bondi. If they could pull that off I would definitely jump back in.

Red Dead Redemption has needed a sequel for a long time, a really outstanding game in my opinion. So much more could be done with the world they created and the wild west setting in a sequel.

I am ashamed to say, i've never played Bully, even though it seems like a really under-appreciated game.

One thing I'd like to see them to jump back into is the hyper-controversial Manhunt series, it will never happen, but I was lucky enough to get a copy back then before they pulled it off the shelves in the UK.

• Like 1