Trophy Hunters

Murfurfler

Introduction:

Many of us play games for fun. Some of us play it for trophies. I tend to lean towards the later option. I found few odd behaviors and decisions that I exhibit, that other gamers do not! Do not be judgmental about these behaviors and start a conversation about them here, because you came to the wrong place.

Before I proceed, I would like to check if you are one of us:

Do you experience any of the following symptoms?

- The urge to 100% every game on your trophy list no matter how difficult, costly, or boring it is.

- The habit of testing the game on another account to make sure that YOU CAN DO IT!

- The experience of anger that gets built up inside you for trophy requirement that involves playing numerous amount of hours online for a shiny bronze that blocks you from getting your platinum, but you still go for it!

- The hours that you spend researching on a game is more than the hours that you spend playing the game.

- something else trophy-related that we do not know about? Share it with us!

If you do experience any of the above, then you came to the right place, YOU ARE ONE OF US!

Purpose:

This thread will be used to compare yourself with other gamers who do the same thing that you do: get 100% and platinum in all games that you run through your account. people who participate in this topic will be divided into groups based on their average completion rate. (a minimum of 50% completion rate is now required - the number may increase overtime based on the number of participants)

Questions:

- Which games do you focus on first?

- How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

- Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

Test Subjects:

the test subjects (aka the guinea pigs) are divided into four categories (members inside each category are sorted randomly).

+90%

oooaznkid.pngdarkamdusias.png

ToxiKirby.pngandrefilipe26.png

heinz70.pngGotakibono.png

Aexzia.pngBerzerkgod313.png

DocDoomII.pngLovesAnInjection.png

gr1mydawg.pngForsakenPulse.png

Sra-000.pngJehnuhsis.png

Aexuz.pngPrecision-Playy.png

Shazarul1985.pngLumibelle.png

rotoninja.pngPirelli913.png

Ichiban-Hybrid.pngallenbird.png

Gibbo_0113.pngTENCHU_REPPA.png

Ric_373.pngTheLastSurvivorD.png

LastPisTolman.pngburstlimit14hot.png

dmland12.pngMatto_lsi.png

killivincent.pngxkeeja.png

Corcevado.pngRalphyLDN.png

+80%

L33N3WB3.pngkillerJAZZ420.png

GIBBYVA.pngJaneAusten69.png

The-Man-In-Black.pngHazanberg.png

Mystvayne.pngHKelly91.png

DColpa.pngSoapMacTavish222.png

omar280792.pngKarol_Perec.png

x9zachattack5x.pngJoshC17.png

ZachBoardyHD.png

+70%

Monk746.pngmedigian.png

soniq.pngLangy900.png

man_with_wdjat.pngjoalso.png

Mah2c.pngJay_Cash.png

FINgamer2011.pngzajac9999.png

Raitandrul.pngAJC3317.png

N7RiotDragon.png

Outstanding Hunters:

100% Completionist:

oooaznkid.png

+90% Highest Level

heinz70.png

+80% Highest Level

killerJAZZ420.png

Recently Promoted to +90%

killivincent.png

FAQ:

How do I add myself to the list?

Reply to this topic, try to answer some of the questions, and share something with us! I will add you once I see your reply on this thread.

You did not add me to the list! why?

It could be due to one of the following:

1- you hide trophies to raise your average completion rate

2- you are below level 10

3- you are on the cheater list

4- I have not checked the newest replies yet

Edited by Hazanberg
  • Like 4

I don't necessarily go for 100% if DLC is involved, but I can at least try for a possible platinum.

Buying very little games from this point on (Possibly getting a max of 4 games for Christmas and pre-ordered a game scheduled to be released at the end of January). I'm first going for what I'm doing now (Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Metal Gear Solid 4, Defiance). Then, the games that I have had a huge time difference between the first trophy and now (Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Nearly clocking in on two years, Final Fantasy XIII, Katamari Forever). After that, the slightly harder ones (Mirror's Edge, Medal of Honor Frontline, Velocity Ultra) Lastly, the ones that will take a lot of time (The Guided Fate Paradox, Disgaea 4, GTAV, Kingdom Hearts 1.5)

All of the games in each category won't be in a specific order.

After all of this, going for the games where the platinum is impossible, but at the very least, getting as much as I can (MLB 10 The Show, Madden NFL 12)

• Like 1

Well, since i'm off of school for three weeks thanks to Winter Break, im going to try to clean up and raise my completion rate back up to the golden 90% mark, also while playing new games and completing them.

What im going to be focusing on first is Medal of Honor: Frontline, Dead or Alive 5, and Dead Space. Im really close to the platinum in these three. Just need to beat Hard difficulty in MoH, fail over and over again  try to beat Survival in DoA5, and finish Impossible in Dead Space. Though for the rest of the games I want to complete to get my completion rate high, it will probably take about a month (or less, or more; depends). Afterwards, I will just play what comes my way. I could've never predicted having the platinums that I have now back when I got my PS3 last New Year's.

And tips on maintaining your completion rate? When you start new games, don't stop until it is done. If you are bored with it, just play through to the platinum than start your next games. It is alot better than starting a new game midway and damaging the completion rate.

• Like 2

Play what i want, plat what i want. 

Wouldnt mind having a higher completion. Working on it. But im not gonna change up my playstyle to raise some random number. 

Goal i set for myself at the first of this year was 90% completion. 

Only got to like 84%.  Overall not a good year.

• Like 2

I try to keep my completion at a nice rate; but I think that I really play what I feel like playing sometimes I will grind out a platinum just to get it, like at the moment I have GTA:V, The Crew and Destiny on my list and I don't see myself completing them all in the next month or so, I'll be looking at 3 - 4 months reckon.

• Like 1

For me it really depends, I buy all the games that I want to play regardless of the trophy lists but I will always have a look at them to see if I need to aim for 1k headshots or drift 10k in a single etc. which just makes that grind at the end easier. But the games I will start just because an easier trophy list (20 hrs or less) are usually because I've run out of games I want to play so to curve my boredom I'll buy or play games solely for the trophies and possibly find a series I really enjoy 

• Like 2

For me it really depends, I buy all the games that I want to play regardless of the trophy lists but I will always have a look at them to see if I need to aim for 1k headshots or drift 10k in a single etc. which just makes that grind at the end easier. But the games I will start just because an easier trophy list (20 hrs or less) are usually because I've run out of games I want to play so to curve my boredom I'll buy or play games solely for the trophies and possibly find a series I really enjoy 

I see that. I looked at your profile.. two words: "sound shapes"

Things to discuss:

- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

1) I focus either on games I'm enjoying most at that moment in time, or games that I'm particularly close to the platinum in.

2) Fuck if I know. Uncharted 3's remaining trophies could take anywhere between 30 minutes and 3,000 days. Max Payne 3's platinum is about three hours, but I'm not arsed with it at all to be honest. 

3) I haven't made any plans really. I'm just trying to get my money's worth by finishing all my games to 100% before I shell out on a PS4. The only game on PS4 that has really arrested my attention is Alien: Isolation, so that might be first. 

4) I think that should go without saying: Play less new games and finish more old games - duh. 

• Like 1

I was debating with myself on creating this topic. But I would really like to see people here who have "trophies" as their main focus!

PLEASE! I am not saying that playing games for fun is bad or that trophies should be everyone's main focus. You can do whatever you want with your own time and money. Please do not start a discussion about your opinion of how we should play our games! I find getting trophies fun! no matter how bad the game is, It is always an enjoyment when I beat it and get the platinum or 100% completion.

This thread is to compare yourself with other people who do the same thing that you do: get 100% and platinum in all games that you run through your account (including DLC's).

Things to discuss:

1.) The games I focus on first are the ones I think I'll enjoy the least.

2.)  Ideally, if I didn't have a family, my current games would take me about two months to finish up, mostly due to NBA 2K15.

3 and 4.) Personally, I don't like focusing on one game at a time.  Otherwise, I'd get bored.  What I've been doing is playing a game I haven't played (at least not on my main account), finish said game, then finish a game I've yet to finish that's already on my account.  For example, I'm going to play The Walking Dead: Season 2, knock that game out, then finish Sly (Vita) or Strider (PS4) next.  I've been able to maintain ~95% completion, when I wanted at least 90%.  I also play games I know I'll enjoy, no matter the potential difficulty of it.  Not to call any people out, but there are some folks in trophy sites who won't play games because they're challenging and they think they're great trophy hunters LOL

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

I try to focus on the games I enjoy the most first, it will take me a good 3 months I think to reach as close to 100% as possible, but I have fifa 11 which is no longer obtainable. I will more then likely play an rpg next as I enjoy them, and my tips to keep your percentage up is to not play anything until you have platted the game you're playing, as you can see thats not working to well for me at the moment haha

• Like 1

I stopped caring about my completion rate after I got my first game with an impossible plat, stopping me from 100%. I usually dont go for 100% when it involves DLC, and cant get impossible plats, but always try to get as many trophies as possible. Next game Ill prob play will be shadow of mordor.

• Like 1

The games I focus on are usually the ones I buy usually. I see it as getting my moneys worth. My average plat time either spans for less then a week to a month or two don't let my psn profile fool you it didn't really take me 7 months to plat resogun. I'm currently working on plants vs zombies and Dragon Age inquisition and my next game is lords of the fallen following thief and Shadow of morder. As for completion rate mine is pretty bad due to the PlayStation Now beta. Also 20 (soon to be 24) plats for my first time owning a PlayStation console for less then a year is pretty good start on my trophy hunting adventure as for advice don't play free psn games on your trophy hunting that you want to try out it will mess up your completion stat :(.

• Like 1

I usually play two or 3 games at a time, depending on my time. Right now however, I am grinding both PS Home (50 days trophy), and Madden 13. I anticipate 100% on those somewhere in January of 2015, if all goes well. At which point, I will resume games like InFamous, CoD: AW, SOCOM 4, where I just need one, two, or a handful of trophies to get 100%.

If you want, you can definitely put me on here.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

Hello, I unfortunate can't get the 100% because like 6 games in my profile are not longer possible to platinum, also I try a lot of games that I have yet to play and put my percentage down, so now I just really care of individual completion and only in games I really like, but hopefully in a year I can platinum at least 20 or more games to a minimum of 80%.

Hello, I unfortunate can't get the 100% because like 6 games in my profile are not longer possible to platinum, also I try a lot of games that I have yet to play and put my percentage down, so now I just really care of individual completion and only in games I really like, but hopefully in a year I can platinum at least 20 or more games to a minimum of 80%.

0% trophy does not count towards your percentage here. If I were you, I would try to complete everything else except those 6 games.. because I have a legit excuse why I cannot finish them.

Add me to the 90% ;D

I always try to go for 100% on every game and i usually play games like The binding of isaac, injustice gods among us and game such like that on alternate accounts since i was given them for free and i know i will enjoy them but i won't ever be able to get platinum in them :(

Add me to the 90% ;D

I always try to go for 100% on every game and i usually play games like The binding of isaac, injustice gods among us and game such like that on alternate accounts since i was given them for free and i know i will enjoy them but i won't ever be able to get platinum in them :(

you better push yourself because you are on the edge of the 90%!

[Edit]

you have 89.1% now, you will be moved to the 80% category 24 hours from this post.. if you do not fix your percentage!

you better push yourself because you are on the edge of the 90%![Edit]you have 89.1% now, you will be moved to the 80% category 24 hours from this post.. if you do not fix your percentage!

yeeeaaaaah.... It was christmas and i got a bunch of games so my percentage dropped from from 91% pretty fast :S
  • Like 1