Trophy Hunters

Murfurfler

Just wanted to say - I really like this thread, good job!! :)

Wich game do you focus on first?

Well that really depends. I mean my main focus was the God of War series, I wanted all eight. Wich I succeded. So I don't really have a focus right now.. I just play games that I enjoy playing and then maybe I end up Trophy Hunting it. Or maybe I just want to platinum something. What I think I will focus on is completing all te games of one. For example completing (platinum) Remember Me, Knack and Last of Us. When im done with those, I look at my other series, for example Ratchet & Clank, then I go and buy the entire series and platinum everything in order. Lol hard task maybe, but I would like to do that :P

- How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

Well, do you mean all my games? My entire backlog? Or do you mean the game im aiming at now? I think you mean my entire backlog. Well I wont buy every DLC unfortunaly, and I belive FIFA 12 ans NBA 2k12 is unobtainable.. But for the rest of the games.. Well games like Xcom that I dont have an intrest in will for sure take long time because I dont have an intrest in them.. I can't really say my answer here. I'll but loads of more game 2015 too so that will take up my time. Lets say a year to complete everything I got + more lol.

- What is the next game you will play after you finish all your trophies on your profile?

I dont really know. I have alot of games and by the time I have finished them all I probably already have gotten 30 new games hahaha.. Lets just say some random game then..I will be replaying the two best games of all time, God of War 3 and Spyro the Dragon: Riptos Rage :D

Shit I posted it lol... Heres the rest of my answer:

Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

Well I have an terrible completion rate sadly.. So no.. But play the games you enjoy and always think lf trophies while you do it ;)

Im not in any of those categories :( But im soon at 50% :P

And oh.. Everything about "youve got an urge to complete" is true, even if I dont have good completion rate :P

A thing I do is to before I buy a game really look into what trophies it got. I didn't buy Injustice for that reason... Got it on PS+ and it will sit in my backlog forever :(

Edited by MarsipanRumpan
  • Like 1

I,m trying to get platinum in every game I have, but I,m "purist", I don't use trophy guides. When trophy is marked as secret, I dont check it. It remains secret. When I have no idea how to get it I check them on the Internet but It remains not unlocked on my trophy list. I rely only on myself and my brain. I'm pretty sure for most of you it's stupid but I'm that kind of person. Here's my trophy card.

Edited by Karol_Perec
  • Like 4

Just wanted to say - I really like this thread, good job!! :)

Wich game do you focus on first?

Well that really depends. I mean my main focus was the God of War series, I wanted all eight. Wich I succeded. So I don't really have a focus right now.. I just play games that I enjoy playing and then maybe I end up Trophy Hunting it. Or maybe I just want to platinum something. What I think I will focus on is completing all te games of one. For example completing (platinum) Remember Me, Knack and Last of Us. When im done with those, I look at my other series, for example Ratchet & Clank, then I go and buy the entire series and platinum everything in order. Lol hard task maybe, but I would like to do that :P

Well, do you mean all my games? My entire backlog? Or do you mean the game im aiming at now? I think you mean my entire backlog. Well I wont buy every DLC unfortunaly, and I belive FIFA 12 ans NBA 2k12 is unobtainable.. But for the rest of the games.. Well games like Xcom that I dont have an intrest in will for sure take long time because I dont have an intrest in them.. I can't really say my answer here. I'll but loads of more game 2015 too so that will take up my time. Lets say a year to complete everything I got + more lol.

- What is the next game you will play after you finish all your trophies on your profile?

I dont really know. I have alot of games and by the time I have finished them all I probably already have gotten 30 new games hahaha.. Lets just say some random game then..I will be replaying the two best games of all time, God of War 3 and Spyro the Dragon: Riptos Rage :D

Shit I posted it lol... Heres the rest of my answer:

Well I have an terrible completion rate sadly.. So no.. But play the games you enjoy and always think lf trophies while you do it ;)

Im not in any of those categories :( But im soon at 50% :P

And oh.. Everything about "youve got an urge to complete" is true, even if I dont have good completion rate :P

A thing I do is to before I buy a game really look into what trophies it got. I didn't buy Injustice for that reason... Got it on PS+ and it will sit in my backlog forever :(

You are very close. Each one of us have their ups and downs. I hope you reach the 50% soon!

I,m trying to get platinum in every game I have, but I,m "purist", I don't use trophy guides. When trophy is marked as secret, I dont check it. It remains secret. When I have no idea how to get it I check them on the Internet but It remains not unlocked on my trophy list. I rely only on myself and my brain. I'm pretty sure for most of you it's stupid but I'm that kind of person. Here's my trophy card.

Hi purist! what you do is not stupid! It is just the way you like playing games! I will add you to the list.

Before I proceed, I would like to check if you are one of us

Trophy whore reporting in!  o/

I'm in the same boat as a lot of you other folks.  If there's a game on my radar I want it to come to PSN so I can pop trophies.  I will definitely research a game to find out how feasable the Platinum is, if available.

I don't mind so much about completion rate -- there are just too many games I have that have that have high "100%" difficulty, and I got into the trophy hunting gig a little late.  Some games get abandoned for one reason or another.  Usually it's not liking the game, but I have lost a couple Plats to trophy glitches.

I usually just set goals for myself.  Maintain so many trophies per day / month / year, reach a level or Platinum count by such a time, etc.  Over all, it's mostly about trophy count, but Plats are a definite bonus when they happen.

At times I find it funny for myself how many times I've tried to step away from needing to play on PSN.  I have other games I enjoy a lot on other platforms, but I still feel the need to hear that 'bling!' sound when a trophy pops.

• Like 1

- Which games do you focus on first?

I find that staying caught up with new releases really puts a dent in my completion rate as well as keeping up with my backlog. Its a vicious cycle really, especially with the PS4 out and a steady stream of games releasing, its kind of daunting to go back to older ps3 games to clean them up, but i still do that every now and then (got AC2 plat a few weeks ago)

I dont even want to think about that. Far too long. Only been hunting for like 3 years now maybe? Early on I would rent games and since that stopped I've got quite a few games lower down on my profile I just can't be bothered to go back to.

- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?
Ehhh, I find that keeping a healthy balance of new releases and older games keeps me consistently earning trophies. Getting games like Far cry 4 in one week, then going back and getting stuff like AC liberation the next has been going well for me so far, although it definitely takes a hit on my completion rate as I try too many games at once.

- Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?
No. If anything I'd like some tips on increasing my own :P I feel like i've played so many games that going back and completing one or two games on my backlog barely increases my completion rate. I've been at 62% on the dot for as long as I can remember. 
HOWEVER if you're aiming for a healthy 62% like me, you just gotta play games you enjoy instead of getting the ones with easy trophies. Enjoyable games are much easier to platinum than easy games if that makes sense. 

always aiming for 100%. 

All types of games except race and fight ones (suck at those games)

Don´t really now since 3 of the 4 games that i misses the 100% are on ps3 (don´t have it anymore)

- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

Thief

In my case I just stick to one game till i achive 100% and only then I move to another plat or 100%

That´s all folks! thanks  :wave: 

Edited by andrefilipe26
  • Like 1

I was concerned about completion rate probably a year or so ago, but with PS+ I am playing way more games that drove my completion from 74% down to 51%. (plus dumb free to play downloads like free realms) I've always been more interested in leveling up and number of games completed than completion % anyway. I'm trying my hardest to stay above 50% though. At this point though I have roughly 100-120 disc games sitting in my room and the goal I've put on myself is to try to finish 1-2 a month so that I can sell them off and make some room in here. I also have 80 or so digital games and have set the same 1-2 games a month to free up space on my hard drives/memory cards. The other goal I have is to hit 8000 trophies before the new year, which may involve starting a few new games to get those early game easy trophies. 
I am however just a trophy or two away from plats in Uncharted, Modern Warfare 2(been 2 stars away for like 3 years), Call of Duty Classic(veteran is hard), Dokuro, Hotline Miami, Destiny(Dumb raid stuff), Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Medal of Honor, Rage, and Dead Space.

Easy trophies keep me motivated, then I'll alternate between 3-4 games and play some in my backlog.. I don't really complete one game at a time because i'll lose interest and end up hating the game if I just grind through the whole thing.

Great question.. homefront is a no go and idk how i'm going to do ace combat infinity

Looking at Dragon Age Inquisition or possible pursuit of the inFamous series

Work on your backlog.. lots of easy trophies for me, I spiked over 200 this month because I was doing backlog games

I fit in the 50-70% but barely :P hoping to get some new games done.. I've had an unusually high completion streak this month so hopefully i can keep it! 

1.) The games I focus on first are the ones I think I'll enjoy the least.

2.)  Ideally, if I didn't have a family, my current games would take me about two months to finish up, mostly due to NBA 2K15.

3 and 4.) Personally, I don't like focusing on one game at a time.  Otherwise, I'd get bored.  What I've been doing is playing a game I haven't played (at least not on my main account), finish said game, then finish a game I've yet to finish that's already on my account.  For example, I'm going to play The Walking Dead: Season 2, knock that game out, then finish Sly (Vita) or Strider (PS4) next.  I've been able to maintain ~95% completion, when I wanted at least 90%.  I also play games I know I'll enjoy, no matter the potential difficulty of it.  Not to call any people out, but there are some folks in trophy sites who won't play games because they're challenging and they think they're great trophy hunters LOL

Amen! Too many brothers and sisters playing games with this boosting mindset thinking they are hot stuff is sad. It's like people forget to trust in they own skills and won't pick up hard games just because they feel it's below them, then come round boasting to others when they have completed KZSF by boosting methods. I got no hate for these guys but I would rather have true skills like yours then those brothers. Also are getting anymore Dan matches content from you, Grimydawg?

I find that staying caught up with new releases really puts a dent in my completion rate as well as keeping up with my backlog. Its a vicious cycle really, especially with the PS4 out and a steady stream of games releasing, its kind of daunting to go back to older ps3 games to clean them up, but i still do that every now and then (got AC2 plat a few weeks ago)

I dont even want to think about that. Far too long. Only been hunting for like 3 years now maybe? Early on I would rent games and since that stopped I've got quite a few games lower down on my profile I just can't be bothered to go back to.

Ehhh, I find that keeping a healthy balance of new releases and older games keeps me consistently earning trophies. Getting games like Far cry 4 in one week, then going back and getting stuff like AC liberation the next has been going well for me so far, although it definitely takes a hit on my completion rate as I try too many games at once.

No. If anything I'd like some tips on increasing my own :P I feel like i've played so many games that going back and completing one or two games on my backlog barely increases my completion rate. I've been at 62% on the dot for as long as I can remember. 

HOWEVER if you're aiming for a healthy 62% like me, you just gotta play games you enjoy instead of getting the ones with easy trophies. Enjoyable games are much easier to platinum than easy games if that makes sense. 

You're a noob.

• Like 1

I play games for fun--what's the point otherwise? But to me, trophy hunting is fun, even when it gets tough. I've had more than a little stress and frustration in trophy hunting, but that just makes it more satisfying when I finally get one I've been after.

I'd definitely prefer to 100% everything on my list. Time and difficulty don't usually turn me off--where I draw the line is with the DLC. If DLC is MP only (like the Uncharted games), I'll usually avoid it. Not enough value for my money. If I ever win the lottery, that may change! :)

I like to focus on one game at a time and try to get the 100% in it before I move on. I'm not sure what I'll play after KoA. I might finally get a PS4 and play DA:I, or maybe Lightning Returns. Or I might work on my PC backlog.

I generally play what I want, but I do try to check if a platinum is impossible before I put a game on my account. I also try to stay away from games that focus on MP, like sports games.

• Like 1

I focus on my favorite seres first (Metal gear or the the Soul series games are my top priorities in gaming) so if there's a release on any of these I leave any other game I was working on and just focus on my favs. After that I go for the older games with multiplayer trophies to prevent the annoying servers clousures. Then I just check the backlog of games in my profile and finish wathever I feel in the mood of playing, sometimes easy games to relax and sometimes tough tittles for ultra rare hunting.

I have 20 open games right now but only 3 of them are going to be a real challange for me to complete: Catheine, SSFIV and Chaos Code. The time for completing all my games depends on these 3 games. The other games from my list are fairly easy ones and I really don't worry too much about them. I know giving it some days will be enough for getting 100% on them with the exception of Rayman Legends of course that will take ages to complete because of the daily challenges.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to do that any time soon because there's so many good games I want to play in my account that I'm starting before finishing all the other games in my profile. I always try to complete 2-3 games before starting a new one but I'm not that sttrict to just start new games when all my trophies are earned.

• Complete 2-3 games before starting a new one in your profile
  • Having a side account to try out games you are not 100% sure you will like or for games you just want to play for fun.
  • The sooner you complete multiplayer trophies the best. An unplatable game for offline servers is one of the worst things that can happen to a trophy hunter.
  • Be sure to check if the game has glitched or unatainable trophies before starting it on your main account.
Edited by Aexuz
  • Like 1

Feel free to add me to the +90% posse. I consider playing for fun. But I get alot of enjoyment for completing everything and I'm sorta obsessed about it.

Which games do you focus on first?

I go what I feel like. Usually I like to play one game at a time. I might have a multiplayer game going on at the same time aswell so I can play with friends.

How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

For a few mounths. I actually started a psn game marathon now so after I'm finished with that I will be going back to platinuming the bigger games.

What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

After the end of the year my trophy list is always a mess because of all the new games. I will finish them off and see whats in the horizon. I'm waiting for MGS: V, FF XV and Mirror's Edge 2. I dont know if theres gonna be a new UFC game next summer, but the next UFC is deffinately on my list. None of these games are close to release yet so I have plenty of time to finish my games. Of course I will be getting some new ones along the way. But I'm not that excited about them as the ones above. Like I'm getting DBZ Xenoverse when it comes out.

One game at a time. I've had like 10 games going on at the same time and some of them were pretty intimidating like Max Payne 3 and DOOM 3 BFG. My tip is not to have too many games on your list that require huge amount work at the same time if you wish to keep good %. I'm trying to keep 5 unfinished games at once as a max. Sometimes it slips like now when it's the end of the year and all the new games, but they are all fairly short to take care of when i get back to them.

Edited by LovesAnInjection

Can honestly say I'm a trophy hunter and a completionist, the only trophy I know I'll never get is the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus platinum on Vita which is literally impossible. Doesn't stop me trying though. ;)

Which games do you focus on first? I try to focus on a good balance of time consuming games and nice quick games, and when bored I'll do a quick platinum/100% in between.
How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now? Sigma 2 Plus = Impossible, though won't ever hide it. But over all for what I have left I'd say a week or two depending on real life and work.
What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile? Next games would probably be to finish the Ratchet & Clank HD collection, then after that a few of the PSN Plus backlog I have.
Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate? I don't try to keep hard games off my list, but more what I'm interested in. Then it'll help with determination to get that platinum/100%. Though multiplayer trophies are the bane of my existence.

• Like 1

I added you to the list =)

Can honestly say I'm a trophy hunter and a completionist, the only trophy I know I'll never get is the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus platinum on Vita which is literally impossible. Doesn't stop me trying though. ;)

Which games do you focus on first? I try to focus on a good balance of time consuming games and nice quick games, and when bored I'll do a quick platinum/100% in between.

How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now? Sigma 2 Plus = Impossible, though won't ever hide it. But over all for what I have left I'd say a week or two depending on real life and work.

What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile? Next games would probably be to finish the Ratchet & Clank HD collection, then after that a few of the PSN Plus backlog I have.

Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate? I don't try to keep hard games off my list, but more what I'm interested in. Then it'll help with determination to get that platinum/100%. Though multiplayer trophies are the bane of my existence.

Added you to the list. Hope that someday you will find a way of finishing Sigma 2 Plus.

• 3 weeks later...

Which games do you focus on first?

Situational. You can look at my Checklist tread, or my Trophy Log to see the order of my :platinum: Trophies.

If I can, though, I tend to play games when all their DLCs with trophies already came out.

How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

If you mean my unearned trophies I will never get them all.

I will not waste my money and time on the multiplayer DLCs of these games.

While for these games I don't expect them to keep me busy more than 1 week each. With AC Unity as possible exception.

What is the next game that you will be playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

Well I just bought on Amazon Of Orcs And Men and Lego Batman 3, but usually I load the trophy list of a game as soon as I get it, so all my backlog is on my profile to be seen.

Well, duh... play and 100% one game at a time.