Trophy Hunters

Murfurfler

Hey I would like to be added to the list please:

1) Most of the games that I focus on involve a good/simple story line, anything that involves the characters leveling up or learning skills, or games in which the trophy list is neither too easy or too difficult.

2) Assuming that I do not hide any more trophies, probably about 10 more years, but then again there are games in which there is absolutely no way for me to earn 100 %/platinum (such as DJ Hero 1 and 2, Gundemonium Recollection, MK vs. DCU, etc.).

3) That is a difficult question to answer because, unless there is a large hiatus from all game developers or more games get released in which do not catch my attention, there will always be something that gets released and I immediately buy it on day of release. Unless, of course, I just hide my games, but then that wouldn't truly get rid of them.

4) First, if you buy a game, make sure that you can at least get a majority of the miscellaneous trophies with ease (and not through story-related stuff). If possible, try not to stick to one style of games (such as shooter). It is the same as eating ice cream: Just because you enjoy eating one flavour, doesn't mean the others won't taste as good. Second, always be wary of DLCs and whether they require to be online, especially if there is a chance that, one day, the servers should go offline, then you're screwed. Third, if you do decide to play online/multiplayer, try to make friends so that if you need to boost any trophies, they are just a message away, then eventually you return the favour and, thus, become a respectable and friendly gamer.

Can I get added to the list?

- Which games do you focus on first?

Depending on how I'm feeling will depend on the type of game I decide to play, normally being single player games. Also working with my boosting partner can also affect the next title I invest my time into. I will never play a bad/easy game to boost my trophies unless I actually enjoy the game.

when working on harder games I like to throw a few easy plats in as well just to take a break from games that require a lot of grinding.

- How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

this is never going to happen. I will not be able to earn some of the trophies in my backlog due to glitched trophies/servers closing

- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

I will never be done with all the trophies on my profile, been playing catch-up since I popped my 1st plat in 2010

- Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

try to work on a few game at a time, having a huge backlog can be a bit daunting as sometimes u can never decide n what to play next.

be wary of older games with unobtainable trophies due to servers closing or just being glitched.

try and mix up your games a bit, sticking to one genre can become a bore. I also think that its best to get the online sections of a game done ASAP, as u can always come back to it later for any of the dimple player trophies.

Edited by L33N3WB3

Q 1. 

I mainly focus on vita games mostly because Im always using my vita everyday. I would play any vita game if I can try putting much effort into it. I like a challenge of collecting trophies that fewer people would get and sometimes play an easy game just to chilled out.  Unfortunately I rarely play ps3 often because I need "permission". Yes I lived in a strict family. It sucks. There are other times I wouldnt use the ps3 at the right moment.

Q 2.

Depending on the game itself. If its vita game, weeks or a month. (more if its time consuming). As for a ps3, a month or a year. There's a possibly I might not finish all of them due to lack of effort and working which tiresome for me.

Q 3.

Find another vita game to play or start playing the 2ds that I havent been nelecting for quite a while..

Q 4.

Take your time trophy hunting. If theres a game thats too time consuming ( not difficult ) then move on to a different one. Youll eventually go back finishing when your feeling for it. And if theres trophies that are too hard to get, just try again tomorrow. Youll eventually get what you'll need.

oh boy! I certainly came to the right place ^_^ I don't buy new games often because i study and also most of my money goes to rent. I only have 20 games which 19 are completed and now i'm trying to finish the last one which is bioshock 1. I just finish my first playthrough on easy because i wanted to learn the environment and the enemies and now i'll go for the survivor difficulty and after that i'll go after the dlc's. Unfortunately now my studies have begun again so i'll only play games on Saturday. Before 2 days i ordered batman arkham asylum so after i finish 100% bioshock i'll go for Batman!

I always aim for the platinum on any game, but i don't buy any DLC since some games have like 4-5 DLC's. Right now i am cleaning up some older games i have on my list, want to get my completion rate above  80%. :)

Edited by medigian

I have actually been using this account for 2 years not really caring about trophies , i d so many 0% on my account i actually considered starting again and doing games as best as possible aiming to have above 50-60% on each game and plat the ones i enjoy . But decided to go through the games i already own , i have fifa 15 , minecraft and resogun almost done , working solely on Pvz right now and espect to plat it within the next 48 hours , and will work on each title individually that i already started ..i can see why completion rate might bother people , 0% does indeed look awful on the trophy lists .

Im a bit worried though as i reckon once i properly start getting platinums il become addicted to it , as thats the kind of person i am lol

Im currently at 25% but will be much higher than that this time next month

Edited by EvansUK

Questions:

- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

1. I have always been a Nintendo Boy / Man.  In fact, the PS4 is my first ever non-Nintendo product.  As a result, I am lagging behind some what, having only had a PSN ID since Jan 2014.  However, I have fallen in love with the trophy system, and I have even found myself purchasing games from the PSN Store, with the sole intention of obtaining the trophies.  (Monopoly anyone???)  Ultimately, I buy what I like, but I am straight online for the "Trophy Road Map" :)
  2. Don't even want to think about the number of hours it will take to complete all the PS PLUS free games I have so far, on top of everything I've bought....
  3. I'm not purchasing anything new in 2015 until I've concentrated on the games I already have.  But once I'm happy with my completion rate, I'll be buying The Walking Dead: Seasons 1 & 2 I think......(easy trophies)
  4. I've fallen foul of getting excited on PS Plus free games release day, downloading them immediately and playing a quick 5 mins, for them to sit there at 0% for months and months.  I refuse to hide them, so my tip would be........only start a game, when you have the time and commitment to complete the flippin thing!!!
  • Like 1

Youngy_UK_CYM good luck with your trophy hunting! let me know when you reach 70% so I can add you to the topic.

congrats to itzzh3lixx and Ichiban-Hybrid they are in the 90th percentile now.

---------

Hazanberg was downgraded to the 70 percentile completion.

Precision-Playy have 3 days to up the ratio to 90%

Answers in post in red.

Introduction:
Many of us play games for fun. Some of us play it for trophies. I tend to lean towards the later option. I found few odd behaviors and decisions that I exhibit, that other gamers do not! Do not be judgmental about these behaviors and start a conversation about them here, because you came to the wrong place.
Before I proceed, I would like to check if you are one of us:
Do you experience any of the following symptoms?
- The urge to 100% every game on your trophy list no matter how difficult, costly, or boring it is.

The only trophies I "give up" on are trophies that are clearly above my skill level or level of physical dexterity.    I'd probably say less than 5% of my unearned trophies fall into this category.  Cost is no issue; while I'm not "rich" by any stretch of the imagination, I have enough extra disposable income where cost is not a problem.   I have abandoned some games out of complete boredom, but even those I will eventually go back and tackle a little bit at a time.  

- The habit of testing the game on another account to make sure that YOU CAN DO IT!

I have never done this.

- The experience of anger that gets built up inside you for trophy requirement that involves playing numerous amount of hours online for a shiny bronze that blocks you from getting your platinum, but you still go for it!

Yup.  Mindless grinding for online trophies sucks.  I hate online play, and will only play the bare minimum necessary to earn the online trophies.

- The hours that you spend researching on a game is more than the hours that you spend playing the game.

There are plenty of sources out there where proper research should be a bare minimum.  There's no reason to spend more than an hour or two researching a game on the internet.  

Questions:

Whatever game seems interesting at the moment.  If there's a "lull", I'll go back and clean up a few more unearned trophies from past games.  

I'll never hit 100% since there are a few games with unobtainable trophies (mostly due to server closure).  But if I were to go for all the unearned trophies that were still obtainable, I'd probably take until the end of the year.

There are games like Far Cry 2 that I abandoned simply out of boredom which take 100+ hours to complete.  One day I'll go back to them for a little while, until I remember why I got bored with them in the first place.  

Whatever catches my attention at the time.

• Do not buy games on day one.  There is a long, long list of reasons not to do this anyway, but you should at least wait and make sure that the platinum/100% is actually obtainable.
  • Check forums on various sites.  There are plenty of places where one can easily find info from other gamers regarding trophy walkthroughs and trophy difficulty.  You may have to consider passing on it if it's possible that the game is above your skill level if a high completion rate is that important to you.  
  • Do not compare yourself to other gamers.  You should be earning trophies for *you*, and not to validate yourself to a whole bunch of internet strangers you'll never meet.  
  • Earn online trophies as soon as possible.  There are plenty of shitty games with tacked-on multiplayer where the online community dies very quickly because everyone else does the same thing; earns the online trophies and abandons the multiplayer.  Plus, you never know when the servers will inexplicably close. The last thing you want is a pseudo-unachievable trophy on your list because the online multiplayer has shut down or is a complete wasteland.
  • Don't aim for a 100% completion rating.  That way, you won't be disappointed if you run into issues with unachievable trophies, trophies that you find to be above your skill level, or other issues.  Further, it gives you some wiggle room to buy games you actually enjoy playing regardless of trophies without worrying about a difficult trophy set impacting your completion goals.   
  • If trophy hunting is negatively impacting your ability to actually enjoy the games you're playing.....you're doing it wrong.  

Of my unearned trophies:

I'm currently working on about 10% of them.

I'm a pinball fanatic, and 25% of them are pinball based trophies, many of which I'll earn over the course of time.  Some will be out of my skill range, though.

About half of them are from games I've abandoned due to boredom.

About 10% of them are from DLC I simply haven't gotten around to buying yet.

About 5% are unobtainable (server closures, etc.)

Edited by The-Man-In-Black
  • Like 1

Sup lol (awkward silence) oooook anyway! I've only had my ps3 for a year soooo I'm way behind. Always aim for 100% im just... like that. I can't start a game then play another I'll just finish it before I play the next. Mmm I think ppls gonna read this and not give a shit so i think I'm done lol so am I in =) no? K...

• Like 1

Which games do you focus on first?

Games I focus on first are the ones that I'm the most interested in at the time. (The boring and dull games are left to wait.) The only exception of this being if there are games owning online trophies with the announcement of inevitable server shutdown, in that case, those games are priority.

How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

I'd say the proper question here is "How long would it take", because I will have added more games to my profile before I 100% all of my current ones anyway. But I'd reckon... more-so around a month (thanks to Injustice and Child of Eden). But I'm not really one to rush, so possibly longer. 

What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

Being honest, I'm not too sure. It depends on my mood. Though it'll probably be something that boasts a few ultra rares.

Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

Well, as many others have said, and as far as common sense goes: Finish/work on your backlog - You could also do something such as completing at least 2 games trophy wise before starting a new one.

Edited by Aela

1- The urge to 100% every game on your trophy list no matter how difficult, costly, or boring it is. 

2- The habit of testing the game on another account to make sure that YOU CAN DO IT!

3- The experience of anger that gets built up inside you for trophy requirement that involves playing numerous amount of hours online for a shiny bronze that blocks you from getting your platinum, but you still go for it!

4- The hours that you spend researching on a game is more than the hours that you spend playing the game.

5- something else trophy-related that we do not know about? Share it with us!

If you do experience any of the above, then you came to the right place, YOU ARE ONE OF US!

Questions:

6- Which games do you focus on first?

7- How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

8- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

9- Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

1- I go for the plat in every game I add to my list, but do not bother 100% them as I have a no-dlc policy.

2- I always play games on my secondary account to see if the servers are open OR if I WANT to do such game. I used to not do such thing and ended up with NFS Shift 2 on my account, but it taught me a valuable lesson. I don't mind hard games as I enjoy a challenge every now and then.

3- Not always anger, but mostly boredom. I don't mind grinding if that depends only on me but not on online MP or coop. I can do such at my own pace and/or mindlessly listening to music or skype conversation.

4- Not actually. I give a quick scope into the trophy guide, see the missables and such and start the game on my own, using a guide only for what I get stuck at.

5- I do constantly check other people profiles to get inspiration about what to do next. If I see too many people in a row with a hard plat, that motivates me into getting such plat myself.

6- Games I can do in a single run are games I usually put all my focus on, lately. I'm proud of getting some platinums on 10 hours lately. It tires me so much, but I always feel more proud of achieving it, kind of my new meta.

7- I would say it would take me about 200~300 hours to get all them done. I'm working on SHIFT 2 whenever I feel like it lately.

8- Can't say. I'm considering to do Skydive: Proximity Flight, but who knows?

9- Never add more games to your profile that you can handle, it gets easier to say "no" to yourself after a while. It educates you.

Not sure if I can be added to the list since I hid like 20 trophies from AMY, Burn Zombie Burn and Novastrike (not plats, just 100%). I've also hidden Guitar Hero 5 because I can't finish it unless I spend 300 bucks on everything.

Questions:

Whatever game I'm enjoying the most at the time. If it's a multiplayer heavy game and I get on a good run, I'll tend to stick with it without playing much else.

I'd say about 2 or 3 weeks.

I'll see what I feel like at the time, but maybe Alien: Isolation & Danganronpa.

Just the obvious really, try not to have too many games on rotation at a time. I usually don't start anything new if I get to around 5 or so different games unfinished.

Edited by Toxi
  • Like 1

I usually have 3 games going at once. (one for solo play, one for co-op with my kids & one for playing online with family/friends). Currently those are Kingdoms of Amalur, Skylanders Trap Team & Diablo 3:RoS

I try to get as many trophies as possible on a single playthrough and it doesn't bother me if I leave it without getting the platinum.

I have several games that are just missing one trophy for the platinum simply because I refuse to play the entire game again on a new difficulty. Unless it's a game I really like, or something I'm playing with the kids, I generally won't play any campaigns twice. My backlog is enormous so I'd rather move on to a new game rather than waste 8-10 hours playing though Duke Nukem Forever or something just to get that last few % points and the plat.

I've played this way since 2008 and somehow always seem to hover between 80-82%

I'm definitely a completionist, but I largely only care about playing games that I enjoy - as such, I don't add games to my profile that I wouldn't have played if trophies had never been implemented. I did it once with New Paint Park Plus, and I still feel a little dirty about it. :\, 

Answers in post in red.

I gotta say.. your tips for 100% completion are excellent. I cannot word it any better.

Sup lol (awkward silence) oooook anyway! I've only had my ps3 for a year soooo I'm way behind. Always aim for 100% im just... like that. I can't start a game then play another I'll just finish it before I play the next. Mmm I think ppls gonna read this and not give a shit so i think I'm done lol so am I in =) no? K...

I gave a shit.. you are in the list.

1- I go for the plat in every game I add to my list, but do not bother 100% them as I have a no-dlc policy.

2- I always play games on my secondary account to see if the servers are open OR if I WANT to do such game. I used to not do such thing and ended up with NFS Shift 2 on my account, but it taught me a valuable lesson. I don't mind hard games as I enjoy a challenge every now and then.

3- Not always anger, but mostly boredom. I don't mind grinding if that depends only on me but not on online MP or coop. I can do such at my own pace and/or mindlessly listening to music or skype conversation.

4- Not actually. I give a quick scope into the trophy guide, see the missables and such and start the game on my own, using a guide only for what I get stuck at.

5- I do constantly check other people profiles to get inspiration about what to do next. If I see too many people in a row with a hard plat, that motivates me into getting such plat myself.

6- Games I can do in a single run are games I usually put all my focus on, lately. I'm proud of getting some platinums on 10 hours lately. It tires me so much, but I always feel more proud of achieving it, kind of my new meta.

7- I would say it would take me about 200~300 hours to get all them done. I'm working on SHIFT 2 whenever I feel like it lately.

8- Can't say. I'm considering to do Skydive: Proximity Flight, but who knows?

9- Never add more games to your profile that you can handle, it gets easier to say "no" to yourself after a while. It educates you.

Not sure if I can be added to the list since I hid like 20 trophies from AMY, Burn Zombie Burn and Novastrike (not plats, just 100%). I've also hidden Guitar Hero 5 because I can't finish it unless I spend 300 bucks on everything.

you have the brain of a trophy hunter. If you unhide your trophies.. I will add you to the list. Otherwise, good luck with your trophy hunting.

Questions:

- Which games do you focus on first? - Whichever games I want to play at the time. I frequently go on "obsessions" where I have a central theme across many games/movies/films. For instance, for the past 3-4 months I have been doing zombies. I played all the Resident Evil games up to 5 (my BR drive died), watched a TON of zombie movies/films (The Walking Dead FTW), and played several other great zombie games like The Last of Us and Dead Island. I also went on a Donkey Kong kick last year where I played every Donkey Kong game in order. That was a lot of fun. South Park is up next and then probably some Tomb Raider obsessing. Westerns is another fun obsession as there are TONS of great western films and plenty of good western-themed games (Gun, Red Dead, Gunsmoke) across the different generations. I like to play games whose franchises have a deep history so I can go back and play the older games while I am working on the trophies. I love retro gaming as much as modern gaming. So I guess I focus maybe on the theme first and then choose fun games within that theme.

- How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now? 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds. 100% Completion at time of posting.

- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile? Just finished Dead Island and will probably do Riptide with my buddy Clayman next. South Park: Stick of Truth and some Tomb Raider games will eventually follow.

- Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate? Only play games you want to play. I made the mistakes of playing lots of games earlier in the trophy era simply because they had easy trophies. Personally, I don't think it is worth it. I would rather spend a month or two on one really fun game like The Last of Us or Arkham City than get 4-5 platinum trophies but be forced to play some child's game or something that really isn't very enjoyable. A game doesn't have to a AAA title for it to be a good game (and it doesn't even have to be a good game for it to be enjoyable), so just make sure it's something you want to play and hunting the trophies will be enjoyable. Also, stay away from sports games. They typically have long, drawn-out trophies and frequently have their online servers shut down the following year of release. Some of them were fun (NBA2k) but some of them were very tedius (Madden NFL 13). 

You are on top of your game. You are added to list.

Introduction:

Many of us play games for fun. Some of us play it for trophies. I tend to lean towards the later option. I found few odd behaviors and decisions that I exhibit, that other gamers do not! Do not be judgmental about these behaviors and start a conversation about them here, because you came to the wrong place.

Before I proceed, I would like to check if you are one of us:

- The urge to 100% every game on your trophy list no matter how difficult, costly, or boring it is.

- The habit of testing the game on another account to make sure that YOU CAN DO IT!

- The experience of anger that gets built up inside you for trophy requirement that involves playing numerous amount of hours online for a shiny bronze that blocks you from getting your platinum, but you still go for it!

- The hours that you spend researching on a game is more than the hours that you spend playing the game.

- something else trophy-related that we do not know about? Share it with us!

If you do experience any of the above, then you came to the right place, YOU ARE ONE OF US!

Questions:

Hi, I'm Pirelli913 and I'm addicted to plat'ing games. All my PSN friends tease me about it, too. I don't have a secondary account, so I can't test out how difficult a potential platinum is, but I usually visit this site and check the list of trophies to determine if I want to attempt to 100% it or not. The only way I can achieve full 100% is if I buy a Vita since LBP2 requires it for 7 trophies. For the time being, I don't plan on buying any new games (until May 19) so any plats I get will be from free PS+ titles. As to the game on May 19, well, that's The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt...

Hy, my name is soniq and I'm a trophy hunter.

Currently I'm trying to unlock all PS3 trophies that require or support online, just to be safe. After that I'll do the same on PS4. Luckily, that list isn't that long.

I've checked roadmaps on all the games I currently own and have on my profile and it adds up to 5534 hours, +/- a few hours here and there for my lack of skill in certain genres.

The Last Guardian or Agent.

Don't start a new game until you have finished at least 2.

you have the brain of a trophy hunter. If you unhide your trophies.. I will add you to the list. Otherwise, good luck with your trophy hunting.

I can unhide them just to get in the list and then hide them again? I just hate those games I regret playing them (except for GH5). If not, I can understand being out or sitting on a lower % group than I am just to not be considered a cheater by some other members.