Trophy Hunters

Murfurfler

* I Plat every game I play that offers this trophy.  If not, I 100% the game.

* I don't test games on other accounts, I find it's a waste of time, time I could be earning trophies on my real account

* I have limited the games I play where simple bronzes take dozens of hours to earn, but I'd had many of these moments, especially in games like GT5

* I definitely spend time researching a game before I play it, a lot of time for some, especially if they have predominantly non-crit path trophies

* I didn't see it mentioned, but I research games with online trophies to make sure that the Plat or 100% is still obtainable before I start the game as I won't even start a game now unless I can definitely Plat/100% it

As for the Questions:

1. I play 1 game at a time for the most part, through to completion.  If I ever have a game in my trophy list that is not 100% or Plat, it's cause I'm currently playing it, otherwise I've completed every game I've played.

2. Currently playing Beyond 2 Souls, working through the second half of the second playthrough, so maybe 5-6 in game hours.

3. I have Lollipop Chainsaw, Borderlands Pre-Sequel, Saints Row IV & Gat Out of Hell, and a slew of others, including some PSN games, so take your pick, lol

4. Play one game at a time, always finish it (Plat or 100%) before moving onto the next game, and always back up your saves to cloud/usb in case some DLC comes out and you want to continue off your current progress.  Also, if you want to take it to a point even I consider too far, research all games you intend to play and focus on games with no muliplayer and no DLC with a low average difficulty rating.  This way you can earn lots of 100% Plats and really boost your ratio without worry of servers closing down, or over-priced DLC.

My average completion would be better if i didnt test the games i bougth even when i know im not going to play them because im playing somthing else.  :facepalm: 

Questions

1. I try to play most of the genres so i dont get bored, or depending the order i acquired the games.

2. Im working on deus ex, i dont really worry to much about how fast, I expect ill take me lees than a month

3. Metro last ligth or maybe Final fantasy x

4, Sorry but i dont think i can give any advices with my 60% average completion

Edited by predator086siren

My completion percentage has slowly been going up ever since I discovered this place and kind of started paying attention to it. It was  never really something I considered before. When I first started hunting trophies I'd be happy enough getting up to at least 40% in a game. Now, I'm a bit disappointed if I can't at least get the platinum (or obtain a high percentage, at least equal to that of my average percentage). So while far from a completionist, I do hope to keep platting almost every game I play and hopefully hitting an average completion of 80% at some point.

As for the questions:

- Which games do you focus on first? A: I tend to focus my attention to one game at a time, though sometimes I bounce back and forth between 2 on separate systems. Occasionally I'll take a break inbetween a long game and move on to something else and finishing it before coming back.

How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now? A: Never going to happen seeing as I probably have dozens of unobtainable trophies on my unearned list (which is like 1700 trophies or something anyway) Plus there's many games with DLC I never intend to buy. And that hurts the completion rate, unfortunately.

What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile? A: Can't answer that obviously. But after finishing my current game I think my next main game will be The Order 1886, which I'm sure most people know is a very easy plat. But I'm wanting to get to it soon so I can have exactly 6000 trophies and 100 platinums.

- Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate? A: Basically you just have to keep completing games to a point where its completion percentage is above your average. There's not much else to it, just a little math lol. Going back and earning more trophies in games with very low completion rates also does wonders.

Questions:

- Which games do you focus on first?

- How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

- Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

Answers:

- Games that have Ultra Rare trophies are a little more attractive to me - I like a bit of a challenge every now and then and if I am on the fence between two games and what to start next, most likely the one with the highest average rarity will come out on top.  That said, certain games like Mortal Kombat X or FFXIV: Heavensward jump straight to the top.

- 100 hours probably.  I have a few timesink trophies; Helldivers: 100,000 kills and Rank 25, GTAV: Rank 100 and the entirety of the singleplayer, MKX: 1,000 King of the Hill respect points.  The Last of Us I've now gone back too and am going through Grounded + to finish that - and Trials Fusion I think is beyond my desire/capacity to finish.

- At this moment I'm thinking Mercenary Kings.  That said, I've recently acquired a new job that has a cumulative 2 hour commute on the train per day - so a Vita game like Danganronpa or Broken Age will jump on.

- It's a way of thinking and how you derive enjoyment to be honest.  You either want "perfection" or are a bit more relaxed.  I've always been a completionist so it's natural to me - the Final Fantasy games were my biggest passion in the day, and the bug persisted and grew in the achievement era.  I have low trophies on this profile, as once I beat myself - i start again and compete against my previous incarnation.  High overall values don't interest me too much, but the construction of the value does.  The name of my PSNID is the culmination of this - the last time I'll restart and this is the sticker now.

• 1 month later...

Hail fellow Burque trophy huner!

I started my profile on the friend's and room mate's consoles before I go my hands on my own and was able care about trophies. My first 100% was Machinarium, made me thirsty to see another game say 100% next to it. A friend of mine had some 17 plats (which I found ridiculous at the time), which inspired me to platinum one of my favorite games, Darksiders. That was almost 2 years ago.

I find that I exhibit all aformentioned signs with the exception of using a secondary profile to test fire games. I feel a compulsion to get the 100% or break myself trying. I can be a stubborn taurus and reallky my greatest strength in gaming is that I wont give up. I attempted Gaius (SOTC HTA #3) 20-30 min every day for 3 months for that plat.

My backlog gives me anxiety with the number of games I need to finish, number of games I'm itching to start and number of games on my wishlist.

While I hate pigeonholes, I find my ADD like tendencies and my OCD ones are at odds trying to maintain my complertion rates.

I have an aversion to multiplayer. I just dread it. There are some games I'm so close to the platinum in that require online play (ACB, Last of Us). I'm very slowly getting better aboiut that(ish).

I don't really have an answer to a single one of your questions...

I find that I care less about my overall profile completion and more about series completion. I realize my profile will never be 100% complete entirely, so for the sake of my sanity, I don't worry too much about it. Unless I make a new profile... I just feel like I've invested a lot on this one.

Really though, the game comes first. I'm headstrong; I will usually check out a guide for a general idea of what to expect and highly missible stuff, then I put it away till I need it. I will almost always throw a game on the hardest difficulty (almost) and I usually avoid cheesing and exploits (usually). I want to experience the game and figure it out for myself as opposed to getting it all done as fast and easily as possible.

Maybe I'm just a masochist...

Maybe I'm just a trophy hunter.

• Like 1

the only thing i don't do that you do is try a game on another account, i put the game in and i go for 100%, not really a true 100% if your not playing games you know you can't beat, or only playing games you know that you can beat, anyone can do that.

Berzerkgod313.png 

Edited by Berzerkgod313

The urge to 100% every game on your trophy list no matter how difficult, costly, or boring it is.

Yep. No doubt about it. The inner completionist in me will never go away, no matter how much it sucks balls sometimes. 

The habit of testing the game on another account to make sure that YOU CAN DO IT!

There's no need to do that. I always check the trophy sites continuously to see if the game's servers are offline or not. That's it. If I put Injustice: Gods Among Us on my account 4 different times, then I will get all of those platinums. That simple.

The experience of anger that gets built up inside you for trophy requirement that involves playing numerous amount of hours online for a shiny bronze that blocks you from getting your platinum, but you still go for it!

*See "I am Bad Company!"* Doesn't matter the game, I will persist against the retarded online trophies.

The hours that you spend researching on a game is more than the hours that you spend playing the game.

Depends on the game. To me, research includes server status, trophy guides, checking forums for people wanting to boost the game, and setting up gaming sessions. Honestly, it's probably about the same for some games, and less for others, like Grand Theft Auto IV and Terminator: Salvation, respectively. 

Something else trophy-related that we do not know about? Share it with us!

I will play any game, and I WILL 100% it. I don't really care overall what I play, until I'm in the moment of playing it and questioning my sanity throughout the whole game. Then again, I'm doing what I love to do, so that becomes little more than a whisper in the night. 

Which games do you focus on first?

As of right now, I'm trying to focus on the older games with multiplayer that still exists, despite being out for seven years or something. Once those servers are gone, they have a 99.9999999999992351723567635623985675750125% chance of being offline for good. I'll do anything that's single player that peaks my interest so that I can still earn trophies, and I can't always go for the multiplayer stuff, so it's good to have multiple games on the table. And I'll play ANYTHING, including the really aborted games. 

How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

I'd say somewhere around 20 to 30 years. I'm one trophy away from completely being done with going online on the Rock Band games that I own, and then I just have to perfect and learn all of the other instruments pretty well. And God knows whenever I'll be good at drums, let alone Pro Drums. 

What is the next game that you will play after you finish all trophies on your profile?

Based off of the previous question, then that'll be when I've finished the Rock Band games, and then I have maximum assurance that I will be able to finally obtain 100%. That game will most definitely be something that's old, as my backlog will probably never end. If I do finish my backlog, then that'll be the day I die.

Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

Well, my average completion rate is really shit right now, currently sitting at 62.81%, and I've started so many games, with an equal amount of discs that I haven't popped into my console yet. For many months, it's stayed in that area, because I'll get a good amount of trophies in a game, but never end up 100% them, or getting the platinum. This is because I switch between many games at once. As of right now, I'm jumping across 8 games so I don't get a lot of fatigue from playing too much of the same game. And sometimes, when I've been going just for one trophy that's been giving me trouble, then I'll take my break from that game then rather than later. For example, I'm only playing Duke Nukem Forever exclusively with my friends so they can cringe with me, I can only do Lego Rock Band for a couple hours a day before I'm just sick of playing Free Fallin' or Valerie more than five times, and for Spec Ops: The Line and Call of Duty: World at War, I have to complete them on the hardest difficulty, so I'm automatically playing them in short bursts anyways.  As for tips, if you want to aim for something like me, then keep adding games to your hard drive and switch about all of them without snatching the platinums. In all seriousness, my only tip is to just keep playing. It doesn't matter what average completion rate you have or want, if you just keep earning trophies, then that'll keep increasing it. To increase it quicker, find games that have an abundant amount of gold and silver trophies, like Terminator: Salvation and The Order: 1886. It's that simple.

Edited by icameron625

If I can choose, I always go for older games first because of online servers, in fact, I'm boosting 007 Quantum of Solace atm, it's a 2008 game. Other old games I have platinum are LittleBigPlanet, CoD: WaW and Uncharted 1.

The only thing that can take too long on my list is GTA V because I have to reach rank 100. I'm currently rank 65, slowly but surely making progress. Should be done by January?

What is the next game that you will play after you finish all trophies on your profile?

I play many games simultaneously, the reason for this is because I jump in to boosting sessions to take care of the mp first.

I guess you must complete a game before you move on. If you want a 100% profile you need to buy DLC's though, personally I don't always go for them because they're overpriced (CoD map packs, LBP1 dlc's) or just boring and long (uncharted).

As long as you Platinum all your games you're guaranteed to have an awesome competion rate.

Last tip is to play PSN 100% games to balance out 60-80% Platinum games. :)

Edited by Raitandrul

I'd like to join this please

Whichever I feel like doing at the time, I'm terrible for swapping and changing and often have multiple games, 5+, on the go at a time.

Thousands of hours, much longer than I'm willing to spend anyway. Plus I'll have a few games with unobtainable trophies anyway.

Well I never will, a couple of games I want to start fairly soon are the Witcher 3 and Bloodborne though.

Be as alpha as me. ;)

• Like 2

I'll go through a stage where I'll jump on a game, find myself grinding through it briefly then start finding I actually enjoy it and boshing through it. I did it with Unity and Alien Isolation and I've done the same with The Evil Within (Except I'm stuck on Akumu, but I know as soon as I get past the two rooms on Chapter 6 then I'll be cushti. It just feels very luck based and like I need to play for hours just to get that break!).

I'm trying to boost my numbers since registering to this site so world and country rank, but also my completion. My first goal is to get it over 50% which I could do pretty quickly but I'm trying to boost up some plats. My goal is to plat The Evil Within, then Ether One and then I might grind out Injustice or Shadow Fall or something. I have like a top 8 list but only my top 2 are set in stone..

It literally depends on whether I can get past chapter 6. I'll jump on it later, but it feels like it could happen first try or it'll take me a few hours every day over the next week lol it riles me up so much lol.

I do my best to go for 100% whenever I start a new game, and tend to get quite frustrated when I have 100% and then they turn around and release more DLC for it. It becomes even worse if the DLC sucks and wasn't worth it. There are a couple on my list that are no longer platinum obtainable, and it certainly rubs me wrong. Is it frustrating? Yes. But, will I survive? Yes. I have a problem with telling myself "Hey, you need to finish these other games before starting something new." but then I see something free on PS+ or something when I'm out that is on sale and then I'm just like "Well, crap." and end up buying it and playing that instead. I have probably 8 games that are so close to platinum that I just need to suck it up and finish them, but I get burnt out whenever I am constantly playing the same game over and over trying to finish it.  The plan is to certainly go back and finish what I've started, just need to recharge the batteries and forget about a game for awhile that way when I go back, I can go balls to the walls and finish it.

I'll bite.

Do you experience any of the following symptoms?

- The urge to 100% every game on your trophy list no matter how difficult, costly, or boring it is.

Yeah, sure. That's why I'm here I suppose. :P

- The habit of testing the game on another account to make sure that YOU CAN DO IT!

I only have one account and don't plan on making another.

- The experience of anger that gets built up inside you for trophy requirement that involves playing numerous amount of hours online for a shiny bronze that blocks you from getting your platinum, but you still go for it!

Some trophies are certainly more annoying than others, yeah.

- The hours that you spend researching on a game is more than the hours that you spend playing the game.

I do research games, mainly to see if I'll enjoy it and to try to get a decent price. I look at trophies too of course, but I don't think I spend more time/effort on research than I do on playing the game.

- Which games do you focus on first?

Whatever I feel like mostly. Though I try not to let my unearned trophies list grow too long. :P

- How long will it take you to complete all trophies in your list now?

I'm not sure if I can. There's a couple of trophies that have been glitching on me on Madden 15 and I don't know if I can score enough on Woah Dave! to get the last trophy there. I haven't given up yet though.

- What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

I probably won't ever be at 100%. Besides glitches and possible lack-of-skill I also have a habit of sometimes saving a game to come back later to 100%. I still need to do a Nightmare difficulty game on Dragon Age: Inquisition and finish the Last of Us on Grounded for example. I really enjoyed both games, and wanted to take some time playing something else and get back to them later. Sort of let myself forget about them for a while, then enjoy them all over again. Right now I'm trying to get the Terraria plat by farming all the necessary items myself (0.03% drop rate for one of the pets... the grind is real!). After that I'll probably play Shadow Warrior, which I recently purchased but haven't started yet. I might also throw in a couple quicker PS+ games too.

- Do you have any tips on how to maintain your average completion rate?

It's mostly just persistance. I'm not OCD about things, but I don't like to back down from a challenge. I like seeing that only x% of people attained a trophy and want to see if I can as well. I think that's what motivates me the most.

How do you know if someone is hiding trophies.

I tend to play games i would enjoy and alot of ps plus games, im not too picky as long as the game has good reviews, not buggy or broken and doesnt require me to spend 100s of hours grinding away. Playing the witcher 3 now even though its a long road to platinum but its a good game and if i love the game then im going to plat that bitch then probably never play it again :( unless there is really good dlc on the way

- The urge to 100% every game on your trophy list no matter how difficult, costly, or boring it is.---Yes. I also tend to stop for awhile if I get burnt out or bored with something and go back to it later.
- The habit of testing the game on another account to make sure that YOU CAN DO IT!---I used to, but I got an Xbox One also to play games that I know I would never be able to platinum on PS, instead now I just throw it on my Xbox, since GamerScore no longer means anything to me anymore.
- The experience of anger that gets built up inside you for trophy requirement that involves playing numerous amount of hours online for a shiny bronze that blocks you from getting your platinum, but you still go for it!---As long as it is boostable I don't mind. However I hate having to play with people I don't know, because I never know if they are going to be nice or not.
- The hours that you spend researching on a game is more than the hours that you spend playing the game.---The only thing I research about a game is how long it would take to platinum a particular game, or what reviews say about it.

You can definitely put me on here somewhere if you like. I try to platinum every game I own...except I kinda ruined that by getting Elder Scrolls Online for my PS4 instead of my Xbox One haha...oops...

I am glad i found this forum, unfortunately i over cluttered my back log. I am far off of atleast 70%, but i will struggle to make it unto this list - im curious to see how long.

Questions

The games i focus on first are ones I primarily find the funnest. Namely my favourite genre JRPG/RPG.

Unfortunately a lot of my games have closed servers, so 100% is unobtainable but I'll do my best.

If and when I 100% everything I can, hopefully I'll beef up my Vita Library with more JRPGs. I love my vita soooo much.

I've started to avoid EA games, theyre infamous for server shutdowns. Try to avoid pnline games. Lastly games with play difficulty of 9/10 if theyre not my best genres.

I aim for the highest possible completion on most of my games even if the platinum is unobtainable any more. Sometimes I've played games that I don't like and leave them on my backlog. I research most games before playing them especially if the game is old to see if the servers are still up. I will buy DLC if it's on sale because most DLC now is overpriced but the disadvantage to this is that sometimes you don't get a sale for a certain game which means I can't get the 100% straight away. I also update my profile way too regularly. 

Edited by JoshC17

When I first made my PSN account I didn't know at the time how obsessed I would become with trophy hunting, so I got some free games on my Vita that have RIDICULOUS trophies!! Like Treasures of Montezuma Blitz, 100 hours for a freaking gem matching game?!?! What? No...just no, I'm already 20 hours in and I'm losing my sanity.

• 2 weeks later...

The urge to 100% every game on your trophy list no matter how difficult, costly, or boring it is? Yes it has to be 100% and I just like having a game 100%, I like to get everything I can from a game to experience new game modes and dlcs.

The habit of testing the game on another account to make sure that YOU CAN DO IT!? No although I do have a US and JPN account recently. I see no point do this as it will waste time because you'll have to re do it for your main account.

The experience of anger that gets built up inside you for trophy requirement that involves playing numerous amount of hours online for a shiny bronze that blocks you from getting your platinum, but you still go for it!? Yes at times I do get angry and annoyed that some trophies are Lvl grinding or MP Trophies. I may rage sometimes but then I keep my cool and eventually the trophy will come to me. However I never rage at other people only myself :)

The hours that you spend researching on a game is more than the hours that you spend playing the game? No I take a look at gameplay videos, trailers and reviews then spend more time playing the game

Questions:
Which games do you focus on first? I pretty universal when playing games if I see it on youtube, e3, ign or other sources I will get. Although I love to play RPGS like dragon age as they will take long to plat, I play for hours without going for trophies, they're well made/voiced/written, the worlds are great to look at, the creatures are creative.

Around 6 Months to 8 Months most are done but some need practice and deciation e.g. Tour De France :(

What is the next game that you will playing after you finish all trophies on your profile?

Maybe The Witcher 3 or GTA 5 for PS4

Always check dlc discounts as it will save you money, create gaming sessions, use trophy guides and check if your friends have it as they may want the trophy also

Am i the only one that finds it interesting that the guy or gal with a 100% completion percentage with over 100+ games completed has the rarities he does.  I was a tad surprised considering.  There's something to be said and to take away from that.  And I'll leave it up to ya'll to take away what you want...  

Just saying.  Impressive nonetheless, and cool thread to check out some cards.  I'm always looking deeper than the typical person.  My apologies.

I only play games that I enjoy (I refuse to play the super easy games with the easy plats a lot of people go after to pad their account stats).  At the end of the day, we all still play for fun!

Being that I am a completionist, I only play one game at a time.   

When I first created this account years ago, I never cared about trophies and added so many games to the list (ending up with tons of 0% - low %)... Over the years after playing casually, I got a few platinums.  I became a completionist after going after the Uncharted 2 and 3 100%s.  Ever since then I spent a lot of time getting 100% on all my early games - It was a bit challenging considering some of those games were super hard (COD: WAW, KZ2, LBP, etc...).  Its no fun to play all easy games. I like to test my limits and take on new challenges. Always looking for the next hard platinum to take on (from my backlog from hell of 300+ games)

Edited by oooaznkid