Unbalanced PvP?

Gatatog

Is there any special matchmaking system in the game or is it just hopelessly unbalanced? I mean I just did my first race after unlocking PvP and in my lowly level 236 car I was put up against people whose cars were 100+ levels higher, with one person having a car of 994. With the way levelling works, increasing all the stats of your car - acceleration, braking, grip, etc - surely being pitted against someone whose level is 4x mine is unfair?

well maybe you should concentrate on leveling up your car first. I mean a 236 car? wtf? 

You obviously missed the part where I mentioned that I'd just unlocked PvP. I guarantee that at the point where it becomes available, a lot of people would be below even 236, since I spent hours doing skills, whether they unlocked a decent new part or not. The fact is, you should be able to compete from the moment you unlock it, otherwise why make it available at level 10 and not hold it back for 30-50?

You obviously missed the part where I mentioned that I'd just unlocked PvP. I guarantee that at the point where it becomes available, a lot of people would be below even 236, since I spent hours doing skills, whether they unlocked a decent new part or not. The fact is, you should be able to compete from the moment you unlock it, otherwise why make it available at level 10 and not hold it back for 30-50?

Forget about PvP until you get at least 1000+ car lvl (1200+ preferably). Don't waste a lot of time on skilss, especially don't try to get a gold medal on all of them because some bronze medal rewards in later skills give way more car lvl than earlier ones. So do your storyline until you get to lvl 50 and then you can start paying more attention on your car lvl, PvP and platinum stuff.

Forget about PvP until you get at least 1000+ car lvl (1200+ preferably). Don't waste a lot of time on skilss, especially don't try to get a gold medal on all of them because some bronze medal rewards in later skills give way more car lvl than earlier ones. So do your storyline until you get to lvl 50 and then you can start paying more attention on your car lvl, PvP and platinum stuff.

Sound advice, thanks. Have to be honest though, I wasn't doing skills for any substantial reward or trying to gold them all, I've just been driving around and doing any I stumble upon. It's been a while since I put a lot into a racing game (last one I played a lot was Gran Turismo 3) so for the most part I've just been enjoying driving around, trying to get my driving ability back up to scratch.

Thanks again for the advice though, I'll stick to the story and some more random driving until my car and I are in a good enough position to start doing PvP :)

• 2 weeks later...