SaGa 2015 (Vita)

kidhero99

ws003891_thumb1.jpg

Q: What kind of game is SaGa 2015?

A: A regular RPG.

Q: What kind of gameplay system [will it have]?

A: There’s something like an extension of the free-scenario system [where players can tackle the story in any order] in it. There are also multiple protagonists.

Q: Who is the character holding two swords?

A: The god of the world. His name is Firebringer. As far as the black-haired male and the female characters go, I can’t say anything, yet.

Q: Please tell us about the world.

A: The world setting is close to Romancing SaGa, so if you look at it that way, you could say that it’s like Romancing SaGa 4; however, there are parts that are different from Romancing SaGa, so it’s kind of hard to say.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/22/saga-2015-playstation-vita-will-multiple-protagonists/

with the vita being short on games a lot of games seem to be getting localized to fill the void

• 1 month later...

I'm actually very excited about this game, even if I don't have a Vita. I really wish they would port it to PS3 or PS4 too... The SaGa games are like the overlooked Square RPG series. Games like Romancing SaGa 3 and SaGa Frontier being great games with great soundtracks too. :) Except for a mobile game a couple of years ago, this is the first SaGa game in over a decade, and the last one wasn't all that good. I'm really hoping this one will be good. :) They usually didn't go the same route as they did with FF with this game, and so hopefully it will be like an old-school RPG with some crazy mix. :D

Edited by MMDE

• 3 weeks later...

It's not that bad... PS4 needs an injection of J-games before Compile Heart gets their Gears in motion.

Maybe it's not so bad for everyone who owns a PS4 such as you and I.

However, regardless of what everyone says, 75% of the people who begged for Type-0's localization were Vita fans. Now look, console fans get to play what the Vita fans asked for. Kind of a slap in the face, don't you think? Especially when the Vita is lacking games from big name franchises.

Besides, Console fans were more eager for news on Versus XIII. They didn't seem to care about Type-0 until it got announced. What salts the wound even more was when they screwed up the announcement on the PS Blog where they said it was coming to PS Vita. Vita fans jumped for joy as if their favorite team won the Super Bowl!

...until about 15 minutes later where Square "corrected" their mistake. I could play Type-0 on launch day if I wanted to, but Final Fantasy doesn't interest me anymore. I also feel like Square just wants to hype up FFXV with Type-0 and that's why it's on those platforms, why they're giving out demo codes ONLY for people who pre order it and why it's not on the Vita at all.

However, regardless of what everyone says, 75% of the people who begged for Type-0's localization were Vita fans. Now look, console fans get to play what the Vita fans asked for. Kind of a slap in the face, don't you think? Especially when the Vita is lacking games from big name franchises.

Of course, for FF 0, that was pretty ugly. But I was directing that post at SaGa =)