National Football League 2012 Thread

cmgravekeeper

Disliking the Giants?

Hmmm.. :hmm:

As a hardcore Jets fan I have to dislike the Giants. :P

The Giants are overrated.....sorry. They may be a good postseason team, but they are merely mediocre in the regular season. That is only going to work so far. The Patriots consistently DOMINATE the regular season, and usually make it DEEP into the postseason even if they do fall by around three points in the SB. Patriots = consistency Giants = inconsistency

I wouldn't say they are overrated, because they have won 2 Superbowls within 4 years. I'll admit they are inconsistent, but they have the talent level on both sides of the ball. Eli isn't as good as Brady, but he's still one of the best in the league right now, especially in the 4th quarter when it counts the most. I'd say inconsistent, but not overrated.

I wouldn't say they are overrated, because they have won 2 Superbowls within 4 years. I'll admit they are inconsistent, but they have the talent level on both sides of the ball. Eli isn't as good as Brady, but he's still one of the best in the league right now, especially in the 4th quarter when it counts the most. I'd say inconsistent, but not overrated.

I'm sorry, I am just a Giants hater (for obvious reasons) ;) .

Actually, I've been a hardcore Jets fan since I was born. I've always been a fan of the Jets, I like the Giants as well, but I've always liked the Jets more.

With this year and last year, it's been very disappointing being a Jets fan while the Giants emerged.

I still watch both teams games and I want both to succeed but it's been very hard with this man we call a QB "Sanchez" :comp:

I love all New York teams, since I live in NY and grew up watching their games. But I am a fan of all New York teams besides the Mets. If they even count. :P

Edited by joeysax97
  • Like 1

Couldn't be happier about being wrong as hell about my Seahawks :)

Who didn't pick the Seahawks to win? I don't think the Seahawks are elite by any means, but they have proven to be capable of beating elite teams like the Patriots and Packers (with reff. help) and the arguably elite Bears. Regardless, they have a really good rookie QB, and a solid defense. I would not be suprised to hear them make noise in the playoffs, however wIhen they play away from home against truly elite teams, I see them getting eliminated. However with the way things have gone this year ANYTHING can happen. However.......GO PATS! :D

I did the math (thanks to the help of espn) and figured out that my colts have to win 1 of the next 3 games to reach the playoffs. I'd say we r going to get pwned @ texans and will probably lose a close one against them at home. So, we have to beat the Chiefs to reach the playoffs...I like our odds.

I did the math (thanks to the help of espn) and figured out that my colts have to win 1 of the next 3 games to reach the playoffs. I'd say we r going to get pwned @ texans and will probably lose a close one against them at home. So, we have to beat the Chiefs to reach the playoffs...I like our odds.

I am sure you guys will make the playoffs, but know this.....if the Patriots take care of business tonight, and even if they don't I will be rooting for the Colts to take at least one game from the Texans. It would be great to take the 1st seed instead of the second. I trust Patriot Nation will support the Colts on both games against the Texans. :)

Who didn't pick the Seahawks to win? I don't think the Seahawks are elite by any means, but they have proven to be capable of beating elite teams like the Patriots and Packers (with reff. help) and the arguably elite Bears. Regardless, they have a really good rookie QB, and a solid defense. I would not be suprised to hear them make noise in the playoffs, however wIhen they play away from home against truly elite teams, I see them getting eliminated. However with the way things have gone this year ANYTHING can happen. However.......GO PATS! :D

If you scroll up to the predic's you'll notice that I didn't pick the Hawks to win, With the loss of Browner and the way the Seahawks have been losing to crap teams like the dolphins and lions I thought they would have another classic fall apart. Now that they've won two in a row, and San Fran lost to St. Louis last week they're actually sniffing around the division title. Next week might be the 1st time ever that I'm gonna hope for a Pats win.

I am sure you guys will make the playoffs, but know this.....if the Patriots take care of business tonight, and even if they don't I will be rooting for the Colts to take at least one game from the Texans. It would be great to take the 1st seed instead of the second. I trust Patriot Nation will support the Colts on both games against the Texans. :)

lol, this is probably a first in like 11 years that Colts and Pats fans want eachother to win! We still have a chance at the division title if the Pats win tonight! Trust me, I know how unlikely it is, but hey, Colts nation can dream right?!?

lol, this is probably a first in like 11 years that Colts and Pats fans want eachother to win! We still have a chance at the division title if the Pats win tonight! Trust me, I know how unlikely it is, but hey, Colts nation can dream right?!?

The world IS ending! lol No, in my opinion the rivalry between the Colts and Patriots ended when Manning left. In my personal opinion, the Broncos are the new Colts so to speak.

I remember sitting in Giants Stadium on December 29th, 2002 (Week 17 of that season) waiting for the 4:05 kickoff for Packers-Jets.... and rooting my ass off along with all the other Jets fans for the Patriots to rally and beat the Dolphins at Foxboro -- the Pats were trailing 21-10 in the 4th quarter at the time -- because the tiebreak scenarios were that the Jets only had a chance at the playoffs with a win and a New England win.

What can I say, sports can make for some pretty interesting bedfellows.

The Jets are mathematically alive, but that's really about it. In a more practical sense, they're pretty much done even with their baby-soft schedule.... because the tie-break situation is not pretty. If you assume the Colts have a spot nailed down -- and I do -- the Jets need too much help because the only team they'll beat in a tiebreaker scenario is Cincinnati.

As a Jets fan, I don't believe in miracles. As a Jets fan, I'm too used to the routine where the "football gods" are Lucy Van Pelt and the Jets are Charlie Brown trying to kick that football.

It's a terrible thing to say, but I'd just as soon go 6-10 if that meant the idiot offensive coordinator and the idiot general manager got one-way tickets out of town. 9-7 or 8-8 is likely to convince too many people that a little bit of tinkering and a clean bill of health for some players is enough to turn this team back into contenders.... and it won't.

The Patriots defense AND offense looks really good tonight. Are we in for a suprise blowout???

21 - nothing..........I am not ever going to underestimate the Texans, but I'd say this is shaping up to be a blowout loss for them. Keep it up Patriots! Don't stop pressing till the game is over.

21 - nothing at Halftime.....I never saw this coming. I thought it would be SUPER close. I think the Patriots truly are underestimated. I can't believe they have flown under the radar this season, but if they win tonight, I doubt they will continue that trend.

Unbelievable win. The Texans were taken down a notch. Also, the Patriot haters were silenced yet again. The underrated defense was fantastic and the offense showed it can put up huge numbers on the best teams in the game such as the Texans and Broncos. The NFL better watch out, the Patriots are determined to make it that one last step that they fell short of last season. I'd be suprised if the Patriots are not now ranked the number one team in the NFL after tonight. No need to get too happy. We need to take down the Niners and that will be just as hard as this game. We HAVE to stay focussed. The Texans and Niners are teams that should never ever be taken for granted.

WEEK 14 PREDICTIONS (12-4)

Broncos vs Raiders - RIGHT

Falcons vs Panthers - RIGHT

Titans vs Colts - RIGHT

Rams vs Bills - RIGHT

Chargers vs Steelers - WRONG

Eagles vs Buccaneers- WRONG

Jets vs Jaguars - RIGHT

Chiefs vs Browns - RIGHT

Cowboys vs Bengals - RIGHT

Bears vs Vikings- WRONG

Ravens vs Redskins - RIGHT

Dolphins vs 49ers - RIGHT

Cardinals vs Seahawks - RIGHT

Saints vs Giants- WRONG

Lions vs Packers - RIGHT

Texans vs Patriots - RIGHT

Alright 12-4 isn't bad for predictions. I'm so happy Steelers and Bengals lost! This gives the Jets some hope. I do hope the Colts lose out their next 3 games, any form of way that Jets get into the Playoffs would be awesome! I'm guessing the Bears aren't going to be in the Playoffs this year and will fall out. I think the Pats are rising at the best time and Texans are declining at the worst. I think the Texans will win out the rest of their games and hold onto their #1 seed. And if the Redskins don't win the NFC East, I think they'll take over one of the Wildcard spots for sure.

And I'm sure Jets will be 2nd in the AFC East. As long as we take care of the offense in the offseason, the Jets should still be the #1 Pats contender in the division.

Edited by cmgravekeeper

• 2 weeks later...

Week 15 predictions I was 12-4 though it got deleted. Not too bad though I wish the Jets had won.

:P

Week 16 Predictions

Falcons vs Lions

Bills vs Dolphins

Bengals vs Steelers

Redskins vs Eagles

Titans vs Packers

Rams vs Buccaneers

Raiders vs Panthers

Saints vs Cowboys

Patriots vs Jaguars

Vikings vs Texans

Colts vs Chiefs

Chargers vs Jets

Browns vs Broncos

Giants vs Ravens

Bears vs Cardinals

49ers vs Seahawks

Edited by cmgravekeeper

As a colts fan, I want the ravens in the first round. They had a good win against a slumping Giants team, however, I don't think you can fix all your problems in a week. Hoping we win (because it's definately a loseable game), I want to vs the Broncos as the 1st seed. That way, if we get our butts handed to us, I can still walk away with a little less bitterness than if we lost to the texans again.

Week 16 Predictions (12-4)

Falcons vs Lions - RIGHT

Bills vs Dolphins - RIGHT

Bengals vs Steelers - RIGHT

Redskins vs Eagles - RIGHT

Titans vs Packers - RIGHT

Rams vs Buccaneers - WRONG

Raiders vs Panthers - RIGHT

Saints vs Cowboys - RIGHT

Patriots vs Jaguars - RIGHT

Vikings vs Texans - RIGHT

Colts vs Chiefs - RIGHT

Chargers vs Jets - WRONG

Browns vs Broncos - RIGHT

Giants vs Ravens - WRONG

Bears vs Cardinals - RIGHT

49ers vs Seahawks - WRONG

I'll post my Week 17 predictions tonight. :P

As a colts fan, I want the ravens in the first round. They had a good win against a slumping Giants team, however, I don't think you can fix all your problems in a week. Hoping we win (because it's definately a loseable game), I want to vs the Broncos as the 1st seed. That way, if we get our butts handed to us, I can still walk away with a little less bitterness than if we lost to the texans again.

Yeah I can understand that. Having to verse the Broncos, Patriots, or Texans in the 1st round would be rough.

Curious what everyone thinks about the NFC East race? Down to one game Cowboys @ Redskins. Predictions?

I'd say Redskins win a close game! Go RG3! :D

Edited by cmgravekeeper

Curious what everyone thinks about the NFC East race? Down to one game Cowboys @ Redskins. Predictions?

I'm hoping Washington can pull it off. If they do there's a very good chance they'll be playing my Seahawks in the 1st round. Wilson vs. RG3... let's do it :P

Also, I'd rather play a run-heavy rookie QB (with our own scramble-machine rookie) that a seasoned vet with a chip on his (and his entire team's) shoulder. Bryant is a huge threat and if Dallas's receivers don't drop the ball then they're gonna be tough to beat, especially in dallas. Also, I'm sure Chancellor would be chomping at the bit for a chance to hit RG3... if he isn't a bit more reluctant to run post-injury.

It would be a shame for two teams as hot as Seattle and Washington to have to play eachother right away though. I think they'd be #'s 1 and 2 on the "please don't make us play them list" on the NFC's side.