National Football League 2012 Thread

cmgravekeeper

I am literally ticking with excitement. I have read every possible story watched all videos I can find.......I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE PATRIOTS's GAME TO START!!!!!! It sucks I have to wait till tomorrow. :( I have a really good feeling about the team this year, I am not sure why, but I just feel good about everything related to the Patriots prospects this year. However with that said, I still have aprehension. lol

Anyway, as much as I strongly dislike the Ravens, I will be rooting for them to take down the Broncos. If we can beat the Texans, that would mean that the AFC Championship game would be in Foxborough. Snowy and cold Foxborough that is......advantage - Patriots. Anyway, go Ravens (for today only ;) )

Edited by DanielVT

Divisional Predictions

Ravens vs (W)Broncos

(W)Packers vs 49ers

(W)Seahawks vs Falcons

Texans vs (W)Patriots

I'm always mad late posting these. Come on Peyton Manning! You got this!!! :D

This Ravens may yet pull it off! I've been VERY happy how competitive this game has been. Either way the Broncos don't seem invincible at all even if they win.

Divisional Predictions

Ravens vs (W)Broncos

(W)Packers vs 49ers

(W)Seahawks vs Falcons

Texans vs (W)Patriots

I'm always mad late posting these. Come on Peyton Manning! You got this!!! :D

Come on man! You have to give me props! I went against 99% of the world and called the Ravens win. The road for the Patriots to the SB just got a bit easier! They BETTER win tomorrow. If they do the rest of the AFC playoffs goes through Foxborough. :) I can't believe I was right!!! Hopefully Brady will be able to end Ray Lewis's (the criminal) career once and for all. Man, this is going to be EPIC!!!

Now that was some game.

The best playoff game I have seen for years, and the Patriots were not even playing!!!! :D

I hope either the Seahawks or Falcons can beat the 49ers....they scare me. I know the Pats owned them on the second half of their regular season matchup, but it makes me feel no better. Kapernick (I have no idea how to spell his name) is certainly the real deal.

Good lord Green Bay... how many times can you fall for the same thing :S they looked awful tonight.

If my Seahawks can take care of business tomorrow it'll be awesome to see their biggest rivals in the championship game. I can't stand the 49ers and after the spanking Seattle gave them a few weeks ago I know 9'ers fans are gonna be nervous (whether they'll admit it or not). The 1st game in San Fran was close, the 2nd game in Seattle... wasn't. Seattle has appeared to turn a corner and home field for the 49ers hopefully won't be a big enough deal for them to handle what the Hawks (hope hope) bring. First things first though, go get them Falcons!! :yay:

Good lord Green Bay... how many times can you fall for the same thing :S they looked awful tonight.

If my Seahawks can take care of business tomorrow it'll be awesome to see their biggest rivals in the championship game. I can't stand the 49ers and after the spanking Seattle gave them a few weeks ago I know 9'ers fans are gonna be nervous (whether they'll admit it or not). The 1st game in San Fran was close, the 2nd game in Seattle... wasn't. Seattle has appeared to turn a corner and home field for the 49ers hopefully won't be a big enough deal for them to handle what the Hawks (hope hope) bring. First things first though, go get them Falcons!! :yay:

The guy who was 100% accurate in his 2012 election predictions already predicted a Patriot-Seahawk Super Bowl.....that would be great. I am worried about the 49ers. So good luck in beating them if you take out the Falcons tomorrow.

It's gameday baby! I am a bit nervous, but I am still confident that the Pats can get it done. I'm going to church in an hour, only problem is I will probably be distracted all day. :P I hope the players are focussed. The fact that with a win the Pats host the AFC Championship game is fantastic and all, but first we have to beat the Texans......the pressure I tell yah'. Anyway, I won't make a score prediction, but I imagine it will be a very close game.

Allow me to toot my own horn a little bit on the one matchup I got right yesterday:

I also think the 49ers roll Green Bay in a game that is as lopsided as their Week 1 matchup (ignore the 30-22 final score, Green Bay got a garbage-time TD at the end to make the score look close).

Take out the garbage-time TD with a minute to play and you have a 45-24 final. Take out the pick-six, and you have the Niners out-scoring Green Bay 45-17 for the bulk of the game. The Pack got rolled because their defense just isn't what it's cracked up to be and their offense simply can't keep pace when they're getting scored upon like that.

As for Seattle, they have a reasonable chance to stop San Francisco if they can get by Atlanta -- which is a pretty big "if". Has anyone noticed how well the Seahawks have defended the young QBs who operate read-option offenses? They contained RG3, they neutralized Cam Newton, and they squashed Colin Kaepernick in the previous SF-Sea matchup. I've seen it hypothesized elsewhere that Seattle does well against that sort of offense because head coach Pete Carroll is used to seeing it and more used to defending it than virtually every other coach in the NFL.

On the other hand, the game would be in San Francisco.... and I still don't buy the Blue Men Group away from the Pacific Northwest.

Allow me to toot my own horn a little bit on the one matchup I got right yesterday:

Take out the garbage-time TD with a minute to play and you have a 45-24 final. Take out the pick-six, and you have the Niners out-scoring Green Bay 45-17 for the bulk of the game. The Pack got rolled because their defense just isn't what it's cracked up to be and their offense simply can't keep pace when they're getting scored upon like that.

As for Seattle, they have a reasonable chance to stop San Francisco if they can get by Atlanta -- which is a pretty big "if". Has anyone noticed how well the Seahawks have defended the young QBs who operate read-option offenses? They contained RG3, they neutralized Cam Newton, and they squashed Colin Kaepernick in the previous SF-Sea matchup. I've seen it hypothesized elsewhere that Seattle does well against that sort of offense because head coach Pete Carroll is used to seeing it and more used to defending it than virtually every other coach in the NFL.

On the other hand, the game would be in San Francisco.... and I still don't buy the Blue Men Group away from the Pacific Northwest.

Looks like we'll never know. Aside from a miracle in the 2nd half, this one's over. That 4th and 1 stop followed by the redzone stop before the half pretty much sealed it. At least this team is young and has some (what seems to be) good years ahead of it. Now, go destry those damn 49ers Atlanta :)

• Like 1

Everyone, let's thank Atlanta Falcons head coach Mike Smith for not coaching today. That was as bad as job of coaching a football team as I've ever seen.... and as a lifelong Jets fan, I've seen a spectacular amount of atrocious coaching. That Atlanta still won the game is a testament to just how well the Falcons played in building the 26-7 lead.... but from there I thought the Falcons crapped the proverbial bed. Mike Smith should be fired for his "performance" today.

Does anyone give Atlanta much of a chance next week? I'll bet that San Francisco is installed as a three-point favorite by Vegas, if not more.

Everyone, let's thank Atlanta Falcons head coach Mike Smith for not coaching today. That was as bad as job of coaching a football team as I've ever seen.... and as a lifelong Jets fan, I've seen a spectacular amount of atrocious coaching. That Atlanta still won the game is a testament to just how well the Falcons played in building the 26-7 lead.... but from there I thought the Falcons crapped the proverbial bed. Mike Smith should be fired for his "performance" today.

Does anyone give Atlanta much of a chance next week? I'll bet that San Francisco is installed as a three-point favorite by Vegas, if not more.

Don't forget to give Carroll a nod for fucking his own team with that horrible time out. I bet the 49ers fans are all letting out a huge sigh of relief right now. Hopefully the Falcons fans can break Kaepernick next week, we all saw he isn't immune to a loud, hostile stadium when they had to travel to Century Link.

• Like 1

Patriots will be in the AFC Championship Game! On a side note, I am SICK of these bitchy little Ravens and Texans fans. They keep on filling the forums on NFL saying they Pats are not ready for the AFC C Game, or all they do is cheat, or how thin and whiny Brady is......blah blah blah. Success always is hated! Are these buffoons even watching the same game? I know people hate the Patriots because they are so good, but seriously they deserve respect one way or another.

H

Patriots will be in the AFC Championship Game! On a side note, I am SICK of these bitchy little Ravens and Texans fans. They keep on filling the forums on NFL saying they Pats are not ready for the AFC C Game, or all they do is cheat, or how thin and whiny Brady is......blah blah blah. Success always is hated! Are these buffoons even watching the same game? I know people hate the Patriots because they are so good, but seriously they deserve respect one way or another.

Be glad you at least got a team that, bare minimum, makes the AFC title game every year (the stagnant AFC division is one of the reasons people are over it by the way ;) ). Us Seattle fans FINALLY get a team we can get behind and have to put up with this ridiculous, petty, bullshit:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2013/01/twenty-great-reasons-to-hate-the-seahawks.html

Don't forget to give Carroll a nod for fucking his own team with that horrible time out. I bet the 49ers fans are all letting out a huge sigh of relief right now. Hopefully the Falcons fans can break Kaepernick next week, we all saw he isn't immune to a loud, hostile stadium when they had to travel to Century Link.

As a lifelong Jets fan, I already know that Pete Carroll isn't a wonderful coach. His coaching tenure with Gang Green can be summed up in two words: Fake Spike.

Teams should never call timeout to try and "ice the kicker" anyhow. Kickers traditionally hit in the range of 77% of their kicks.... but 82% after they've been "iced".

If I were a betting man, my wallet would say 49ers by three touchdowns next week.

As a lifelong Jets fan, I already know that Pete Carroll isn't a wonderful coach. His coaching tenure with Gang Green can be summed up in two words: Fake Spike.

Teams should never call timeout to try and "ice the kicker" anyhow. Kickers traditionally hit in the range of 77% of their kicks.... but 82% after they've been "iced".

If I were a betting man, my wallet would say 49ers by three touchdowns next week.

Watching his dumbass running around trying to figure out "who called the timeout" made it even worse. I completely agree with you, when you're watching a long FG try like that you reserve yourself to your fate. instead, he gave Bryant a chance to make an adjustment after missing and cost his own team a record setting miracle win. That win would have been talked about for a long time... right after bringing up the Green Bay game of course.

Only one new team in the championship games this year and there's almost 0 chance of them moving on... *yawn* I guess there's always next season.

H

Be glad you at least got a team that, bare minimum, makes the AFC title game every year (the stagnant AFC division is one of the reasons people are over it by the way ;) ). Us Seattle fans FINALLY get a team we can get behind and have to put up with this ridiculous, petty, bullshit:

http://kissingsuzyko...e-seahawks.html

Wow....most of that was far-fetched. I was worried about a potential Patriot vs. Seahawk matchup. Now the only team I am concered about facing in the SB (provided we beat the Ravens) is the 49ers. The Seahawks are good, no doubt about it. I do have to say that Richard Sherman or whoever it was is a complete dick for taunting the arguably the greatest QB to play the game. Learn some respect. Obviously that is just one player and probably does not reflect the team. Regardless, you have a promising future indeed.

Get ready for a Harbaugh Bowl.

Ummmmm......no. Period.