F1 2012 "New Direction" Problem

JoshC17

New Direction is my last trophy for F1 2012 and it seems impossible to get so let me explain the problem. I am in my 2nd season with Force India still and I have won 10 races in a row and have been promoted to 1st driver status. After the 10 races, I crashed out of the next 4 races but still came first in qualifying. I was expecting an email to change r&d paths but by the 14th race (without the email) they said lets end the r&d and focus on next season. I have no idea now how to get this trophy so if anyone knows a way to fix it please let me know. Thanks.

FIX: If anyone else has a problem with the trophy then this is the fix that worked for me. Crash out the rest of season 2 and start season 3. Once you start season three, win three races in a row and you will be sent the email to change r&d paths. Make sure you choose a different r&d path to the one currently set and then complete qualifying for the trophy to pop.

Edited by JoshC17
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

FIX: If anyone else has a problem with the trophy then this is the fix that worked for me. Crash out the rest of season 2 and start season 3. Once you start season three, win three races in a row and you will be sent the email to change r&d paths. Make sure you choose a different r&d path to the one currently set and then complete qualifying for the trophy to pop.

great tip! i think part of the problem with this trophy is that neither of the guides i read stated you need to do full, long-weekend qualifying on races that R&D will be done; otherwise, you won't get the email to change paths. in other words, don't do one-shot qualifying for every race!