"20th Anniversary PS4 #00001" Going On Auction for "Save the Children"; Sony Launches Charity Twitter Campaign

DarknessKey92

You know me & my friend were just talking about how "Sony should keep the very first 20th Anniversary PS4" yesterday, since it's their own celebratory Collector's Piece; because if the others were sold for a crazy amount on Ebay...rightfully so the 1st ever made, is obviously going to be the most prestigious for simply being printed as the #00001 out of the Limited 12,300.

But today much to my surprise Sony has a much more humble idea for their First print 20th Anniversary PS4.

20141219_ps20th_01.jpg?eaa32f

Article made by Giuseppe Nelva

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/12/24/ps4-20th-anniversary-00001-going-on-auction-for-save-the-children-sony-launches-charity-twitter-campaign/

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Asia announced today that the #00001 of the limited edition 20th anniversary PS4 is going to be put on auction on Yahoo Japan.
The auction will be held from January 23rd at 5 PM Japan Time to January 25th at the same hour. All proceeds will go to the charity organization Save the Children, but that’s not all, as Sony itself will double up on the donation by adding the same amount on top of the auction proceeds.
And it doesn’t stop there, as Sony also launched the PlayStation Love Tweet campaign. Starting now and until January 25th, fans are encouraged to tweet using the hashtag #ps_20th_love. For every single tweet, Sony will donate another 20 yen ($0.17) to Save the Children. Tweets should include a memory or an anecdote that express your love for PlayStation.
Sony will also raffle 20 PSN cards of the value of 3,000 yen each among those that will participate, but this is unfortunately only for those who live in Japan.
So, what are you waiting for? Get tweeting. Time to break Sony’s piggy bank for a good cause. In the meanwhile you can also check out a few pictures of #00001 below. It’ll certainly be interesting to see for how much it’ll sell. I can imagine collectors will definitely be willing to pay a pretty penny.
img_02.jpg?eaa32f20141219_ps20th_02.jpg?eaa32f

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

Sony knows how to handle their promotions.

This is fantastic idea. I hope this will get the highest price possible.

If it's for charity, people will surely be bidding.

$25,000 bid straight away, I need one since they aren't getting sold in NoFunAustalia.

Wow, dude you really want it o.O xD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

• 5 weeks later...

PS4 20th Anniversary Edition Unit #00001 Sold for 15,135,000 yen($128,628)

http://www.gamenewshq.com/news/1688624

The auction started a couple days ago for the ultra-rare #00001 PS4 20th Anniversary Edition finally ended. After quite a bit of problems due to prank bids, the final price has been determined.

One lucky (and probably rather wealthy) collector will get the console for 15,135,000 yen, which translate to roughly $128,628.

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Asia will donate all the proceeds from the auction to the local branch of Save the Children, and will top it off with an equivalent donation of its own, effectively doubling the amount.

Hopefully the winning bid is legitimate, and not another prank, but we’ll know that only in a few hours, as Sony will perform all the necessary verification checks on the buyer, otherwise, the console will be sold to the closest valid bidder.

Luckily, there are quite a few bids close to the winning one, so the final price should not change much in any case. There are, in fact, nine bidders that pledged over 15 million yen for the unique console.

On top of the donation mentioned above, Sony will also donate to Save the Children another 20 yen ($0.17) for every tweet received with the hashtag #ps_20th_love, and expressing the users’ fond PlayStation memories.

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c473821738

PS4-sale-670x287.jpg?eaa32f

• Like 2