PSN SERVERS DOWN? 12/25/14

uVclouDz

So as many of you know, PSN has been down the whole day basically for the PS3 & PS4. However I can confirm that PSN works on PS3 and Vita.

I do not own a Vita but there have been owners showing pictures that they are connected to the servers. 

This is my picture which I took a minute ago.. 

B5wnV8GCYAABKpA.jpg

If you guys are still having issues logging on psn for the PS3, I recommend you do the following. 

1. Turn off the system

2. Re plug your router and modem 

3. Turn on your ps3 system

4. Try logging in. 

It should let you on psn.

(PS4 servers are still down as for what I know

• Like 1

This happens every year at Christmas. Servers are just overloaded, the best thing to do, is to just relax, and play offline until at least tomorrow. Continually trying to sign in is just making things worse.

according to CNN Lizard Squad is taking credit for it...the media wonders why people get attacking big companies and then they give them tons of publicity once they do...it is a mystery charlie brown.

• Like 3

Yep. I was kinda pissed earlier because I had trouble connecting to psn for a week, until yesterday when I finally got it working again... it was on my end, router's a piece of shit... anyway... I was able to connect for one day and then blam... No worries though, things are up and running now. Tons of people signing in at once at christmas time, could probably take the servers down.... Unless these "hackers" decided to throw their chips in and DDOS the servers while traffic was at an all time high, that would definitely tip the scale over. 

according to CNN Lizard Squad is taking credit for it...the media wonders why people get attacking big companies and then they give them tons of publicity once they do...it is a mystery charlie brown.

Of course they are. I'm trying not to mention them, because they did absolutely nothing and are just taking credit for it because they want the attention.

Had it been a real DDoS attack, no one should have been able to access at all (which is what happens during actual DDoS attacks). Yet people were able to log in sporadically throughout the day. Even I was signed on for a bit during the day when I booted up my PS3 (it's set to auto sign in) to play one of my new games.

• Like 1

Came home and played about 1 1/2 hours of Advanced Warfare MP today (I sucked, but was still fun). It definitely wasn't a DDoS attack.

Or the Sony guys already fixed it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a DDoS.

Christmas is a perfect choice for DDoS. People joining, logging, getting new consoles so the servers are overloaded and it takes less effort to bring them down.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

It was weird for me, because last night I wanted to renew my Ps plus membership and had a couple of psn cards to redeem. I turned on Ps4 (not knowing about the servers being messed up) and nothing was working. I kept trying over and over and over again until it finally started working again. So I entered all the codes (took about 2-5 minutes) and was about to get The tales of the Borderlands....then it pretty much says screw you Dragon and doesn't want to work anymore. Just found it weird that it worked for a couple of minutes, then just stopped working again. I logged on to my PS3 hoping nothing got corrupted when I type in the codes, thankfully everything is still good. Hopefully they fix it soon.

They had threatened forehand to attack Sony and MS. All I heard is it was down yesterday and if it's working today it doesn't mean it couldn't have been an attack. I don't have any experience about this as I've spent the whole christmas with my family and didn't bring any PS console with me so I haven't even tried to log in.

Can't get on the PS Store on my PC, Vita or PS TV. None of my physical Vita games work on my PS TV so I'm kinda bummed. I've been trying for two days and while I got to the store once, as soon as I tried downloading something, the connection broke and I haven't been able to get back in since.

I'm sure it's a combination of this group of morons collectively sharing half a brain trying to DDOS as well as an influx of new users. However, as Sony has activation/registration codes on all PS Plus, Vitas, PS3's, PS4's, PS TVs and whatnot, they should probably have had a good idea of the volume of the extra bandwidth needed.

The PlayStation Support page still shows PSN as down and hasn't updated since yesterday. Lesson learned for me. The majority of my games for the PS TV were going to be digital from Plus and what not. This is the major drawback of the unpredictability of digital media with DRM. Never again. Only physical media from now on, forever.

Of course they are. I'm trying not to mention them, because they did absolutely nothing and are just taking credit for it because they want the attention.

Had it been a real DDoS attack, no one should have been able to access at all (which is what happens during actual DDoS attacks). Yet people were able to log in sporadically throughout the day. Even I was signed on for a bit during the day when I booted up my PS3 (it's set to auto sign in) to play one of my new games.

I know I just hate that the media decided to push it. I had 3 members of my family yesterday freaking out because either they were concerned about me or the new PS4 they bought their kids.

I kept reassuring them (as I didn't know the full story at the time) that that group is a bunch of script kiddies and even if they were behind it they can't do any real harm because they don't know how to.

Still the media did a great job, A: Giving a group of losers publicity (which is all they want) and B: Causing panic (which the media is great at)

• Like 2

I doubt its LizardSquad doing anything, other than pretending to take credit, Christmas is always a rough time for consoles / online games, lots of new users online and not many people working to sort out the problems. Hopefully they will fix it today, otherwise its going to be a slow weekend!!

Can't get on the PS Store on my PC, Vita or PS TV. None of my physical Vita games work on my PS TV so I'm kinda bummed. I've been trying for two days and while I got to the store once, as soon as I tried downloading something, the connection broke and I haven't been able to get back in since.

If you have downloaded games to your Vita already, you could put your Vita's memory card in the PS TV. Will let you play until the stores are back up!