How do you feel about trophies for watching the credits?

As with most things, this has probably already been posted.

I'm playing Lego Batman 3 right, and there's a trophy for watching the credits all the way through, I've seen this a growing number of times over the last year or so and I'm wondering how you guys feel about it.

Obviously, I love a free trophy in a game I'm already playing, but it's kind of a bit out of hand now. The first instance of this that I remember, was Duke Nukem Forever, which I thought was kind of fitting and done as a joke as the credits go for ages, what with it's 15 year development time, but the more I see it, the less I enjoy it. I get that most people won't watch the credits in something, and the trophy is probably there to get you to, but I'm not gonna actually watch the credits if I don't want to, I was playing Batman then and about to quit, then I saw that trophy and put the credits on while I went and got a drink and burrito, came back one trophy richer.

So, how do you feel about it? Obviously the majority of people straight up won't care, but surely someone will indulge me in over analyzing.

I dont care. I let the credits being credits and use my laptop meanwhile.

I'm even let the credits rolling if there is no trophy, because, what when there is a storyrelated thing IN the credits?

WatchDogs eg. ... okay this one was pretty bad. But it is an example.

Or maybe there is scene after the credits and the game hasnt autosaved yet. AssassinsCreed eg. You get the goldtrophy for sequenz13 (?) in AC3 ... or was it AC4? ... for watching a videosequenz after the credits.

Or in japangames... Game asks you, if you want to create a NewGame+_startingpoint-savegame, after the credits.

Well, I don't mind if it's interactive like Prince of Persia (2008), or it involves some cinematics during the ending credits, showing some exposition on the events after the game finishes like Star Ocean The Last Hope. Maybe if it involves a funny joke or two. Most of the time, I just go to my Laptop or iPad and look up the rest of the trophies I still need to get, if the plat didn't pop by that point.

The only game I've seen this happening is with DJ Hero (the first from 2008/9), which games have these trophy tendecies nowadays? You just specified Duke and Lego batman 3

There's a trophy for watching the credits in Bleach: Soul Resurreccion. There's also one for Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2, but I don't think you have to watch the whole credits in that game. I usually watch the credits anyway because there's usually a good song to listen to in the background. I just do something else if I get bored.

• Like 1

Well, the credits do have a purpose, even if no one seems to care. If you appreciated any game enough to make it to the credits, those are all the people that made it possible. It took every single one to happen. You may only want to give a game creator or studio props when you like a game, but everyone should appreciate how many people had to contribute to finish these games. Every time someone clamors for "MOAR games?!?1?!" think about that when you wait for those credits to finish. I've always watched game credits roll if I make it that far. Even found a cousin I didn't know about by my fairly unique last name while watching one random time on a *gasp* PSP game that HAD no trophies!

If trophies for watching credits gets one person to appreciate all those people that did the work, I'm all for them.

• Like 4

It is stupid in the same way the "play for 100 hours" trophy is stupid.

If people care about who created the game then they will watch the credits, if people don't care and just want their extra scene at the end or trophy they will go to the bathroom, fix a snack or watch youtube videos on their laptop.

The same for the hours spent trophies. If people like your game they will play it for a long time, if they beat the game in 67 hours but you are forcing them to wait around for an additional 33 just for a trophy it is dumb.

I feel indifferent about trophies for watching the credits. Most of the time I watch the credits to see who did the voices for the characters. 

Shouldn't that be the first thing to check before you start playing? =D

The only game I've seen this happening is with DJ Hero (the first from 2008/9), which games have these trophy tendecies nowadays? You just specified Duke and Lego batman 3

Murasaki Baby is one I can think of.

There are two types of games I've seen done that. Some games have the credits available as an option in the main menu, so I see how giving us a trophy for watching them can help utilize that feature. (Frobisher Says is an example) But, if the credits roll automatically at the end of the game, that's really a waste of time. It's just another trophy for completing the game. The credits are already there rolling, and if there's an option to skip then we should be able to utilize that option. (Duke is like this) Otherwise, just make them unskippable and people will be forced to watch them.

I don't mind really. As others have stated; sometimes you just do something else.

I do however enjoy it when they turn the credits into a somewhat mini-game. Or if they show the game being developed throughout it. Little things like that keep you interested, rather than just sitting through just text.