Cheap Platinums and 100% with Playstation Now.

Wavergray

Note: Yes I know in its current form PS Now seems overpriced and underwhelming, but that not what this topic is about.

I was looking through the games on PS Now and I noticed that if you only want to :platinum:  / 100% certain games it may be cheaper to get them on PS Now.

If the game is really easy to :platinum:  /100% or if you feel you could :platinum:  /100% it in a certain amount of time, the 7 day rental(between $4 to $8 for most games) or 30 day rental( between $7 to $15 for most of the games) may be cheaper then buying the game.

Starting January 13th PS Now will have a subscription option for PS4. It will cost $20 for 1 month and $45 for 3 months. 

If you only have a PS4 this is a great way to  :platinum: /100% some of the easiest game on the PS3.

Here are the game I feel most people can :platinum: / 100% in less then 7 days.

• Alien Rage ($5)
  • Alone in the Dark ($5) (90 days only)
  • BEN 10 OMNIVERSE ($5)
  • BEN 10 OMNIVERSE 2 ($8)
  • Bound By Flame ($8)
  • Cel Damage HD ($4)
  • Contrast ($7)
  • Dragon's Lair ($4)
  • Dragon's Lair II ($4)
  • Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard ($4)
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West ($6)
  • Farming Simulator ($10)
  • Fighting Vipers ($5) (90 days only)
  • Galaga Legions ($4)
  • God of War: Ascension ($6)
  • Guacamelee ($6)
  • Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi ($8)
  • HEAVY FIRE AFGHANISTAN ($5)
  • HEAVY FIRE SHATTERED SPEAR ($6)
  • Madagascar 3: The Video Game ($6)
  • Magus ($4)
  • Matt Hazard: Blood, Bath and Beyond ($4)
  • NiGHTS into dreams ($4)
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD ($7)
  • Papo & Yo ($4)
  • Pure Chess ($8) (90 days only)
  • Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault ($6)
  • Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus ($7)
  • Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD ($6)
  • Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game ($6)
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken ($4)
  • Sonic CD ($5) (90 days only)
  • Space Ace ($7)
  • Stick it to The Man ($4)
  • Thomas Was Alone ($4)
  • Titan Attacks ($4)
  • XBLAZE CODE : EMBRYO ($8)

For people who only have a PSV, or PSTV here is a list of games I feel most people can  :platinum: / 100% in less then 30 days.

• Darksiders ($8)
  • Darksiders 2 ($15)
  • Deus Ex: The Human Revolution ($8)
  • Final Fantasy XIII ($8)
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2 ($8)
  • Infamous ($8)
  • Infamous 2 ($8)
  • Killzone 3 ($8)
  • Mass Effect 2 ($8)
  • Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition ($12)
  • Saints Row 4 ($15)
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time ($8)
  • Sonic Generations ($12)

(Note: I only don't know that much about each game so if there are glitched trophies or sometime like that in one of these games I wouldn't know)

So if you meet all the requirements for PS Now and feel like obtaining the  :platinum:  / 100% for one of those games, maybe you should give it a try one day.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 2

I hate digital.

$4 per game for a couple days is a rip off. 

I can pay £15 a month and get unlimited rentals per month.  

Surely the US has a game rental service like that?

I know you don't want to talk about that.. but aside from that I have no opinion on it. 

All the games you mentioned are either cheap digital games, or old games you'll find in a gamestop bargain bin.

So it's not even worth renting those games in the first place for $4 a pop.. unless I'm missing something and they're free. 

Thanks for the list though, I'm sure some people will find it helpful. 

Edited by dfyd

Ehh I think Gucemele is mire than 7 days just me since some trophies requires finding treasure which makes it ling if people use PS Now. Other than that good list.

Dude, I platinum'd Guac on Vita, and have all but like two of the trophies on PS4 (I should really finish that some day), and while it's not balls to the wall difficult, that game has an insanely high plat rate, it's a very decent and deep game. Sure, you can EASILY clock it in 5 hours, EASY, but getting every single thing, you could do it in a week, no problem, but it wouldn't be a fun week, unless you're using guides. If you're just playing for fun with the intent of finding everything, a lot of it is pretty well hidden, I could see it taking the average Joe Blow at least a couple weeks.

I hate digital.

$4 per game for a couple days is a rip off. 

I can pay £15 a month and get unlimited rentals per month.  

Surely the US has a game rental service like that?

I know you don't want to talk about that.. but aside from that I have no opinion on it. 

All the games you mentioned are either cheap digital games, or old games you'll find in a gamestop bargain bin.

So it's not even worth renting those games in the first place for $4 a pop.. unless I'm missing something and they're free. 

Thanks for the list though, I'm sure some people will find it helpful. 

Yes the US has a few game rental services, but the prices are higher then PS now.

Redbox is the main non-subscription service. Their current rate is $1 a day for up to 35 days, but starting January 6th that will change to $3 a day. (Most of the 7 day rentals on PS Now will be cheaper then 3 days of redbox and most 30 day rentals will be cheaper then 7 days of redbox.)

Gamefly is the main monthly subscription service. Their current rates are $15.95+ tax for 1 game and $22.95 + tax for 2 games. (These price are a little better then redbox, but still higher then most 30 day and 90 day rentals on PS Now)

The main thing both of these have over PS Now is better game selection, but PS Now is more convenient.

I'm not disagreeing with you though, game rental services are more or less a rip off if you know how to wait for games to go on sale.

Ehh I think Gucemele is mire than 7 days just me since some trophies requires finding treasure which makes it ling if people use PS Now. Other than that good list.

With a guide or treasure map, I feel a person who is good at metroidvania games can easily platinum Guacamelee in 7 days.

Although there is no PS Now on Brazil (yet), I find this list very helpful for other people, thanks for taking your time and making it.

You're welcome, I hope this list can help anyone who thinking about trying PS Now, but didn't want to rent a game that takes a long time to finish.  

Edited by soultaker655

Did you get the estimated time from ETTP on PST forum or you personally can guarantee that anyone who wants can get Plat/100%?

What's ETTP? I've never been in PST forum before so I'm not sure what that is. I can't guarantee anything, all kind of things could stop people from getting the plat/100% in there rental time, but based on the trophy list and looking through the latest achievers leaderboard I feel most trophy hunters could Plat/100% those games in 7 days.  

Edited by soultaker655

What's ETTP? I've never been in PST forum before so I'm not sure what that is. I can't guarantee anything, all kind of things could stop people from getting the plat/100% in there rental time, but based on the trophy list and looking through the latest achievers leaderboard I feel most trophy hunters could Plat/100% those games in 7 days.  

Estimated Time to Platinum.

Okay, so it's based on these statistics, yea, that should be enough.

Estimated Time to Platinum.

Okay, so it's based on these statistics, yea, that should be enough.

Oh okay, I should go check that out.

Truck Racer is really easy and did it well within the 7 day time limit. Wouldnt have even known about that game if it weren't for ps now. 

Also great list, should come in handy.

How was the online stuff? I didn't put any games that has online trophies in the list. Playing any kind of online match with a streaming game seems like it will be really laggy.

Edited by soultaker655

How was the online stuff? I didn't put any games that has online trophies in the list. Playing any kind of online match with a streaming game seems like it will be really laggy.

Ah yes, i forgot there was online. I had a friend help me with that, granted it was just completing 25 races and winning 5 in a row I believe. In a private game you can set the race to 1 lap and I think we finished each race in like 14 seconds. But if you don't have a friend then you may have trouble, I didn't even try playing public games so I'm not sure if its at all populated. 

Note: I updated the list with the price of each rental and I added a list for people who only have a PS4, but still want to plat some PS3 games.  

I guess I can´t just rent a game with my US account and play it on my EU, can I? Anyways, I would definetely use PS Now, if it comes to Europe!

No you can't do that, it will say the PS now severs are too far away. They say PS Now will be coming to Europe later this year. 

Playstation now is nice but man does it use up your internet usage.

Played 2 days of playstation now games and both days used 24 Go and 27 Go

Wow I never thought it would use that much data in one day. I guess people with data caps should be really careful when using PS Now.

Playstation now is nice but man does it use up your internet usage.

Played 2 days of playstation now games and both days used 24 Go and 27 Go

I'm guessing Go means gb or something, if not, what am I missing?

Also, if it is gb, Holy Zombie Jesus that's insane.

PS now will be useless when it lands here in the UK because i'm already paying a monthly subscription of £21,99 for any 3 games i want. When your finished with those games you can easily send them back and then get your next 3 and so on and so forth.   :D

Edited by EternalChaos72

Yea it's the same thing, it's a french term, so yea, 24-27 Gb for 1 day of gaming playstation now, vs 5-7 in general

Yes go is another way of saying gb.

Fair enough, the more you know then. That is an insane amount of internet for that, and yet another reason I'd prefer to just download the game, 20 gig on a game, no problem, 50 gig on a game, hell even that's cool as a one time thing. Using that much for a couple days, no way man. I have 200 go ( ;) ) a month and that's because of a mistake my provider made, I only pay for 100, if I had 100, that's insane.

Nothing...and I do mean NOTHING beats owning games and playing them on your own terms! Something like this should not even be up for negotiation with most gamers. You're pretty much selling away any remaining consumer rights that you have by supporting Playstation Now.

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1