AVP XP Trophies

dannyboy_devil

Does anybody know anything about the Patch Blocker used to make the XP trophies on Aliens VS Predator much easier to obtain ?

I have Followed multiple methods and understand how its suppose to work but im having trouble with the Patch Blocker.

I've been told to use the "EliteMossy" Patch Blocker as its suppose to never sign me out of PSN when its blocking..

But every time i attempted to connect to online servers PSN say's " Error Occurred you have been signed out of PSN" 

So i believe its the patch blocker which isn't working.. Has anyone done the same method before and used a certain Patch Blocker thats worked first time ?? BTW its the Campaign Suicide Method with the 1.02 patch deleted..

Any Help will be greatly appreciated 

• Like 1

Does anybody know anything about the Patch Blocker used to make the XP trophies on Aliens VS Predator much easier to obtain ?

I have Followed multiple methods and understand how its suppose to work but im having trouble with the Patch Blocker.

I've been told to use the "EliteMossy" Patch Blocker as its suppose to never sign me out of PSN when its blocking..

But every time i attempted to connect to online servers PSN say's " Error Occurred you have been signed out of PSN" 

So i believe its the patch blocker which isn't working.. Has anyone done the same method before and used a certain Patch Blocker thats worked first time ?? BTW its the Campaign Suicide Method with the 1.02 patch deleted..

Any Help will be greatly appreciated 

Patch blocker? I thought you couldn't use patch blockers with OFW...

Here: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/aliens-vs-predator/223610-xp-glitch-proxy-server.html

Have fun...

Edited by Aexzia

Patch blocker? I thought you couldn't use patch blockers with OFW...

Here: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/aliens-vs-predator/223610-xp-glitch-proxy-server.html

Have fun...

Can you remember the proxy that worked for you as i have tried a few but they didn't seem to work 

Thank you for the link Though ! 

• Like 1

Can you remember the proxy that worked for you as i have tried a few but they didn't seem to work 

Thank you for the link Though ! 

Oh my... I don't even know... It took me around 2-3 hours to find one that actually stayed signed into PSN long enough to search for ranked matches...

All I can say is, make sure the proxy servers you're trying to use are obviously of high anonymity. You're going to have to either be very patient, or very lucky to find one that will work straight away. Either way, best of luck.

I can't find the exact website I used for proxy servers, but try using this one: http://letushide.com/anonymity/hap/list_of_free_High_Anonymity_Proxy_Servers

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/23/2016 at 4:15 PM, SlimSanta94 said:

I personally don't see why the glitch where you kill yourself in the elevator on marine mission 1 wouldn't still work.. I used that method to get my trophies back in 2009 and there haven't been any updates for the game which have affected it since then right?

You're correct here, but the difference is that PSN/PS3 firmware has indeed changed/patched though over time, certain "methods" get disabled from Sony's end. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Still working in August 2018.  I would add that i had to delete my current game profile to get it to work as for some reason the game would crash (go to a black screen) once the first cut scene ended.

I am guessing that the patched profile does not work with the un-patched version of the game, but once deleted it worked ok.

I used www.proxynova.com, and had no problems connecting.  I used the IP 46.34.168.124 with port 8080.

Thanks for the advice ?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3.10.2018 at 6:45 PM, VirtualNight said:

I'm going to begin this game... but is it like unplatinable without this Patch Blocker thing? like, no compatibility at all in MP?

You can get XP trophies with proxy glitch, I did it that way. And MP was farily empty so boosting wasn't a problem. I had bigger issues with boosting AC Revelations than this game.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

You can get XP trophies with proxy glitch, I did it that way. And MP was farily empty so boosting wasn't a problem. I had bigger issues with boosting AC Revelations than this game.

Hi, thx, but not only i've read it doesn't work anymore after a ps3 update, but also i don't feel confident in doing something like that.

Anyway i found my asnwers already, mp sucks and i still see some randoms around, but with trial and error this game isn't so bad, there are much worse and longer mps around. With the melee glitch getting all xps shouldn't take long.

39 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

Hi, thx, but not only i've read it doesn't work anymore after a ps3 update, but also i don't feel confident in doing something like that.

Anyway i found my asnwers already, mp sucks and i still see some randoms around, but with trial and error this game isn't so bad, there are much worse and longer mps around. With the melee glitch getting all xps shouldn't take long.

False, the Proxy Server exploit still very much works but it takes a while to find a Proxy Server that works long enough for the XP exploit to take hold :): https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/aliens-vs-predator/223610-xp-glitch-proxy-server-will-never-patched.html. The trick that got patched, was using Resistance: Fall of Man to trick the game into thinking you were playing patched when you weren't.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

False, the Proxy Server exploit still very much works but it takes a while to find a Proxy Server that works long enough for the XP exploit to take hold :): https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/aliens-vs-predator/223610-xp-glitch-proxy-server-will-never-patched.html. The trick that got patched, was using Resistance: Fall of Man to trick the game into thinking you were playing patched when you weren't.

I see, but anyway i have a group now and i wanna finish everything with them.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 15/01/2019 at 4:28 AM, zombiesateme said:

Trying the proxy method, was able to searching for a game before getting signed out. Started the campaign and wanting to know, with plaything through the missions at what point should I see them unlock?

According to this forum (https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/aliens-vs-predator/223610-xp-glitch-proxy-server-will-never-patched.html)

• >First delete game patch 1.02
  • >Go to your PS3 network setting and input an anonymous proxy server (search internet for a free one)
  • >Start the game then connect to PSN. If you get a message to update game data then the proxy isn't anonymous & it won't work.
    (Now, I was not connected to the network for more than a minute, it kept disconnecting me)
  • >You need to be connected long enough to reach into multiplayer searching for a game. When it says 1 player in game waiting for ?, back out to main menu
  • >Go to marine Colony mission, play till you exit the elevator then use the continuous suicide method.
  • >The trophies should pop in about 20 - 25 minutes while offline. applause.gif
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Can anyone confirm or deny if players using UK copies can play with players using an NA copy?

There is no region locking per se but the matchmaking is pure garbage and insists on looking in your home country for players, before very slowly widening its search to the rest of the planet so expect to wait north of 35mins to even get into a match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Can anyone confirm or deny if players using UK copies can play with players using an NA copy?

Yeah, what the guy above stated is fairly accurate. 

Generally when searching via matchmaking for games, you'll want two hosts from the same region when searching for games. If someone is in your friend list, they generally have no trouble joining you, manually, for team games. Even then, connectivity was generally horrible but it eventually worked. It will be the FFA style games that will give you the most trouble where you're forced to use matchmaking. Our group waited an hour for one game on average.

Played Halloween timeframe 2018 for reference.

The XP glitch is super frustrating, but doing it in multiplayer will be 1000000x worse. Especially when sometimes your progress resets. Skip this one if you want your sanity.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Skip this one if you want your sanity.

As much I was never lucky in my life - the real one, I consider to be very lucky when it comes to boosting this game. Proxy method worked for me after 30 minutes, and I got all online trophies in a few days without any significant problems. However, I know for a fact that others from my then-boosting group consider this game to be one of the worst boosts they had ever done. Two of them even gave up and they will never play it again. 

• Like 3