AVP XP Trophies

dannyboy_devil

• 3 months later...

Just got this, and I can confirm that you don't need to back out of mp for this glitch to work. As long as it says, "1 player in game waiting", this will work. It kicked me before I could back out, and I got the trophies. Took me about 10 minutes once I got to the designated spot.

@nino_mustdie Just a few small things to add to your post:

Step 4: Also works with wireless, does not have to be a wired connection.

You also may want to add that you should also test signing in with your account in the XMB before starting up the game. Even though I found many proxys that worked in the test connection setup screen, a bunch still would not let me sign into PSN at all.

Step: 11 Kill as many Xenomorphs as you can in this segment and don't stop even when the elevator is accessible. The more kills you get here, the faster Step 14 will happen. 

Step 14: I got my trophies in 8 minutes once I reached the exploit location, probably because I killed so many enemies before entering the elevator!

• Like 1

@Jerry_Appleby

I don’t recommend signing into PSN before the game starts up.  Players might run into problems where they get kicked from the PS Network before even getting into the multiplayer menu.  Plus the proxy doesn’t last forever so you have to perform the glitch as quickly as possible.  

Everything else I agree with.

Edited by nino_mustdie
  • Like 1

On 18/02/2023 at 1:43 PM, nino_mustdie said:

Aliens vs Predator (PS3) - XP Glitch explained as best as I can

Thank you for the very clear and concise guide, I just got these two trophies now.

Some extra points for anyone who wants this done quickly:

This site works very well: https://free-proxy-list.net/ as other posters in this thread have stated - thank you all. ?

I tried various proxy servers. The problems I had in order were:

1) Fails to connect to Internet at all - it's probably expired, try another proxy 

2) Tries to download patch - it's not "anonymous" or "anonymous enough" - try another proxy

3) Can connect but gets kicked out of PSN after a few seconds - try another proxy

When it finally worked, it took quite a bit of time to log in, I'm not sure if that means it's working or not but that was my experience.

Since I was doing this from scratch, having never played the game at all, after a few failed attempts, I decided it would probably be best to download the patch, log into the multiplayer properly and then quit and delete the patch. I don't know if this initiated some kind of "handshake" between my PS3 and the game's server or not, but the next proxy I chose worked first time.

On 18/02/2023 at 1:43 PM, nino_mustdie said:

9) Select Ranked and search for a match quickly, once it says "Searching for game" or "1 player in game, waiting..."  then immediately leave to the Main Menu

*At this point, my PSN account was kicked and I wasn't sign into the PS Network anymore.  Which is fine, the glitch still works.

- I can confirm that "once it says "Searching for game"" "is good enough.

The server that finally worked for me was:

IP: 93.188.161.84

Port: 80    
United States
elite proxy    
Google: yes    

HTTPS: no    

So look for servers with these types of parameters.

No idea if it makes any difference or not but I had UPnP enabled.

It took about 35 suicides to get the first trophy and about 120 for the gold trophy, which didn't take very long at all. I would have done it faster but had two cats trying to ruin everything for me by using me as a climbing frame, as they normally do (I call this Crushing mode). 

Thanks again to everyone who commented on here, much appreciated.

Edited by baboon_overlord

On 29/05/2023 at 9:51 PM, AD97417 said:

Is there any chance we can get flagged or banned from PSN profiles using that method?

Nope, because you're not doing anything against Sony's rules (ie you're not using a hacked console or server etc). Just taking advantage of a weird glitch that levels you up really fast!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

So does this method only really help with the XP gains? 

I take it the other online trophies won't be possible using this glitch.  In which case are people just trying to boost them where possible on the normal servers? 

Edited by Eng_Spitfire
Spelling and grammar

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...