Lightweight animated GIF uploaded converted to static image

MMDE

I wanted to add an animated GIF to one of my trophy guides. Very important that it is animated! When it was uploaded, it had become static, only one image, the first image, not the entire animation. :( I totally get that you don't want heavy animated GIFs, but this is a small one 300x225 with the file size 13,7KB.

Do I have to upload it on some other site? I know the old site I used to host this image on (imageshack.us) blocked all their images recently, so I guess you guys want the actual image, instead of like on this other site I'm porting my guide from that no longer has it and all other images I uploaded and put on there. :P

Edited by MMDE

Isn't there a video on youtube that can showcase what you want to show with that gif?

Not really, because I made the animated GIF from scratch. I could upload a video of it on youtube though, but it's rather silly to do so, and trust me when I say a GIF truly is the best choice in this case. :P

Here it is:

guade456.gif

I tried copying it into the guide, and while it does play during edit, it just doesn't play when I save it, which I assume is because it gets uploaded to the site and the site does the exact same thing with the image. I assume this because the same thing happens and because when I afterwards checks under the uploaded images, it's there, even if I've deleted all the old ones, and the one in the guide disappears when I delete the one under the uploaded images.

Oh well, the entire rest of the guide where I need to use this image is done. Won't publish it until I got that animation done, in worst case I will do an unlisted youtube video, but this seems kinda extreme for such a simple GIF...

Edited by MMDE

Link the image link?

I thought perhaps PSNP wanted to have the image locally in case the external source no longer is available or down etc. I got an .avi file of it still, if nothing gets done about this, I will just do as DocDoomII suggested, upload it to youtube.

You'd think that small animation would be a total waste to watch, but what that animation illustrates is actually all you do in this one game to get the platinum. You can sit in your cough and do that for 5 hours and get a plat for it. xD

Edited by MMDE

You know, if you just described the motion, which is a rather simple one, you'd have already moved on instead of doing silly animations that look terrible to watch.

Yeah, already described it! It just adds to the description, making it far easier to understand. :)

I mean, seriously, trust me, it's the single most important part of my guide, having a GIF to make it clearer improves the guide tenfold.

I see you are not convinced though. Silly animation that is terrible to watch... *smh*

the camera and the move controller aren't even pointed towards each other in the gif. what kinda of trickery are you trying to do in this guide?

Well spotted! It just so happens that the game works better when the Eye camera doesn't see you. The line you quoted was a bit of a joke, but I'm dead serious when I say that you should have the camera facing away from you. It's a dancing game where you can get the plat by just sitting still on your cough shaking the controller as shown in the animation when asked to perform a dance move. When the camera doesn't register you, you get flawless dance moves whenever the move controller seems to get a decent motion input. lol