Do trophies not automatically sync in Rest Mode on PS4?

NeoGrayFox

Recently, I've been finding that my trophies won't sync so I can see them on PSNProfiles until I manually go into my trophies on the PS4. Is this how it's always been? I thought at one point it used to automatically sync when it uploaded game saves, similar to PS3.

Apologies if this has been answered before, I searched but couldn't find any recent info.

Edited by NeoGrayFox

I know that is how it always worked on PS3 auto uploads, but I'd never noticed it with PS4. I'm fairly certain the PS4 doesn't even upload game saves during rest mode, I've only seen it do it when the PS4 gets turned back on. There's never been a message in my notifications about trophy sync, so I would assume it's not an automatic function on the system.

• 4 months later...

Didn't feel like starting a new thread, and this one seems to be the one most related to my question, which is...

Do trophies for all PS4 games automatically sync when you boot them up from the PS4 menu (not from suspend/standby), or does this happen with only certain games?

I haven't manually sync'd for a little while, but noticed my TWD:S2 trophies have synchronized at least twice (consistent with how many times I've booted it up from the menu), even though half my TWD:S1 trophies (which were obtained over a number of suspend/standby breaks) remain un-sync'd.

• 2 years later...

I don't think so from personal opinion as how are you to obtain a trophy for sync while the PlayStation is in rest mode? Furthermore if your looking to sync the easiest way is to just view your current trophy's and it will automatically sync.                            dust3yy.png

As of recent updates, trophies sync before you even look at them, if you are online that is. It will still give you the sync screen when you try to view them, but they've already synced. This only applies to PS4 of course.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2