"Updating Content" Glitch

I got the retail version on PS3 for Christmas and I was going to start Episode 5 today, but when I tried to play, it would go to the "Updating Content" screen and never stop. I looked on Telltale's boards and apparently the problem has existed for months without a fix, despite them saying that they are looking into it. The only solution offered was to delete the game and start all over, which I'd rather not do, since the game file is copy-protected and I don't have PS+ to store it online.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a different solution?

• Like 1

If there's anything TWD Season 2-related in Game Data Utility, delete it. Then remove the disc and put any other game disc inside, launch said game, quit it when the main menu shows up, that will clear the system cache. Go back to TWD Season 2 and try again.

If it doesn't work then i'm afraid you'll have to start the game all over again.  :(

• 4 years later...

this same thing occurred to me right as I was about to start chapter 5. I tried doing what everyone originally said, which was to delete the game data and re-download it. Unfortunately this wasn’t enough for me, so I tried deleting both the game data and the saved data. I then shut off my system and powered it back on, and it worked for me. I’m doing this to catch up on the story and to get the trophies, so losing my “progress” isn’t a huge deal to me. The game generates the big choices randomly based on whether you have a season one saved file or not, so it really isn’t a big deal. Now I can go through chapter 5 and see which parts are slightly off, based on my choices vs. the randomly generated ones. Just thought I’d type this all up to put a nail in this coffin. Cause we all know what happened to telltale, so an update probably won’t be coming out ?