What's your strategy?

LarryIsLegend

This game is new so it's severely lacking in forum topics. I checked the official forums but it's plagued with spam. So, with that said, what's your strategy? I just bait the invulnerability spells and save my damage plus spells for after they use said invulnerability spells. Basic, I know. I'm wondering if anyone has found a relatively foolproof method of winning. I'm talking about offline campaign. I haven't even tried online. I'm sure it's a completely different ballgame. Online strategies are welcome, as well.

Edited by LarryIsLegend

I've used a pretty similar strategy to yours. Just cleared the first map and starting on the second go around.

One thing I've tried that works a good percentage of the time is aiming my lance for the opponent's head at the start,then when they try to protect it I lower my lance for a body shot.

For a free game it's pretty fun but it can be a bit challenging as the levels of the opponent's rise.

Nice. That's my strategy so far, as well. I've also noticed that if you break their lance, on the turn that follows, if you do not activate any perks they will just accept it. Enabling what is essentially a free turn. First, I was attempting to capitalize and hit them hard via perks but they would just counter. Also, poking them in the pelvis right below their shield when they lower it usually is a body hit and is my go to spot to hit

My strategy that has worked up to level 30:

Staying at least 3 levels lower or higher.

-Use my magnet and lance break combo (I stagger them on bosses)

-Get free hit when lance is broken

-They ALWAYS use their offensive perk next, counterplay that,

-Then I use a offensive perk that is'nt necessary for the win, like the one that makes their shield too heavy to lift, to bait thier defensive perk (on knights they just activate the lance break perk enabling a free head hit)

-Then I flashbang and activate offensive perks inowing that their defenses are exhausted.

-It's usually a win or close to it.

The only wrench in the works is Alchemist because they have two "defensive" perks, the invulnerability one and the flashbang. Keeping that in mind is usually enough to outplay it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is a 100%-win against every knight and craftsman (i hope this is the right name; I only have the german version and I'm to lazy to look up the englisch description)

Just activate bullseye (the last ability of the craftsman) and long lance (second abilty of the alchemist) aim an the head or the chest of the enemy and you kill him with the first attack. If you hit around the neck you can gain up to 200 million damage with one attack.

• Like 2

I use an offensive perk to bait one of his defensive ones, next is the shield breaker, then I go for the magnet+lance break combo and follow with the perk that destroys all his armor. It takes a few turns since you have to counter their defensive perks (specially of alchemists), but if you pull it out right, the enemy has no defense whatsoever.

• Like 1

Found a pretty useful tip: Just before losing a joust you can press Start and return to the map. When you go back it starts with the last match you played instead of the first one. Saves time since you won't have to go through any matches already won. 

• 7 months later...

I don't know about you guys but I defeated the first half of the game, I mean the first map within 2 hours I think, my strategy is just use the shield, I don't care about the spear and let it go on the horizontal without a single touch/move and keep winning lol

I don't know if it's a bug or not but works fine until now, I bought 5 magic powers, the cheaper ones when I found enemies 2 levels better than me and I finished very easily :P

• 8 months later...

I only moved my spear if the enemy had a shield breaker skill active. Other than that, they always move their shield out of the way of the default spear position. I focused on blocking the attacks with my shield and just outlasting the enemy. I'd use the armor repair any time my shield got to be black on the hud. I also used 10 of the free diamonds to get the defense upgrade (can't remember the class name and I've already deleted the game) so that my shield was even more durable. After only a year of passively doing this I got the 100%.

My strategy against the final boss was similar, but any time he used all of his skills I'd either use the rewind power or ghost power to prevent the massive damage.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5.05.2016 at 8:39 AM, kuuhaku said:

I only moved my spear if the enemy had a shield breaker skill active. Other than that, they always move their shield out of the way of the default spear position.

I've concentrated on that method and it really works - the CPU doesn't cover its chestplate 95% of the times. I only used spells and focused on defending with the shield. I'll put my strategy if anyone would have problems with that game:

Rounds:
1st - None

2nd - Ghost Knight (CPU usually uses offensive spells here, but NOT EVERY TIME - wait till he does that or else you will waste it)
3rd - Magnetic Shield
4th - Lightning Shield (your shield will probably be thrashed during this moment, so if its color is black on the diagram just use Pocket Blacksmith)
5th - Mind thief (to get some more defensive spells from the opponent)

Different classes:
The only small difference is with the Warlock as he will repeat the round with "Let's Try That Again" spell when you deal higher damage to him. He will most likely do that during round 3, so instead of using Magnetic Shield right away it's highly recommended to hit him normal way first, without using anything. After hitting him in the chestplate he will repeat the round and we can use Magnetic Shield then as he can't repeat the round anymore. It should be mentioned that the Alchemist also has a decent card in his sleeve which is freezing your character with Flash grenade. He might use it during the second round, but he also has Long Lance spell. If he uses the latter, remember that he can use Flash granade later on. If that happens then hope for the best (he still hits the shield quite often) or use any of the defensive spells left like Large shield.

Further rounds/additional tips:
It's not recommended to use offensive spells very early on as the CPU will most likely counter them with defensive spells. It's much better to hit opponent's chestplate and then try to steal some of his defensive spells afterwards. You can use offensive spells when CPU has a very small amount of health (around 10%) and he doesn't have any defensive stuff left :) If CPU hits you anywhere else than the shield and his level is higher than or same as yours it's recommended to quit the battle and repeat it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Discovered another easy method, a quicker one.

1st - Spurs or Long Spear but use them at the last minute so it hurts them and they use their defensive skill after taking damage

2nd - What you didn't use in the previous round

3rd - Big Shield or Magnet Shield

Knights, Mechanics, and Alchemist usually die on the 2nd or 3rd round. When fighting against Warlocks, use the Lightning Shield for the first round then carry on with the Spurs, Long Spear, etc. and they usually die on the 3rd or 4th round. I did this and got through the first 10 areas of the map within an hour and a half. I only had to retry one or two fights.

On 3/20/2018 at 0:59 AM, The-Smiths-85 said:

I've concentrated on that method and it really works - the CPU doesn't cover its chestplate 95% of the times. I only used spells and focused on defending with the shield. I'll put my strategy if anyone would have problems with that game:

Rounds:
1st - None

2nd - Ghost Knight (CPU usually uses offensive spells here, but NOT EVERY TIME - wait till he does that or else you will waste it)
3rd - Magnetic Shield
4th - Lightning Shield (your shield will probably be thrashed during this moment, so if its color is black on the diagram just use Pocket Blacksmith)
5th - Mind thief (to get some more defensive spells from the opponent)

This helped tremendously on the final area (#10). Now I am playing through the map again. Hopefully this method helps me all the way!

Edited by DrHambone
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Knights are the easiest to beat. Once you get to the second area, just fight the first fight (you'd want to be at least level 20) until you have 150,000 gold at least. Then move onto the second one and fight it over and over until you have enough gold to level up twice again. The final fights alone will give you close to 20,000 a piece. I'm not sure if this affects the amount of gold you get, but don't level up your character until you've grinded out the gold, just save it. At least half of the fights in the first two areas of the second run through of the map are Knights, and as long as you have the right abilities, they're easy. 

First round: Magnetic Shield and the Lance breaking ability

Second round: Shield breaker (the enemy will be without a lance, so just focus on hitting his shield. He will activate his lance breaker, but that won't matter with the ability you're using in the second round.)

Round 3: Wait until the enemy knight activates an offensive ability (he almost always will), then use Ghost Knight.

Round 4: The Armor Breaking ability (can't remember what it's called). He will be without a shield, so just focus on blocking his lance. 

Round 5: Long Lance and Spurs

It might be best to save spurs for round 6, because there's a decent chance it'll go into that round if you're only level 20-22. Now that I'm on the second area, and starting out level 20, I'm focusing on getting up two levels per tournament, and grinding until I do. I've read it is almost impossible to beat the final boss below level 40, so I'm just being overly cautious I think. Still, it's better than having to restart the entire game because I didn't grind out enough levels and gold.