Bxoow_

Ayrton Senna stage 4 gold

15 posts in this topic

Seems impossible with a normal ps3 controller? Anyone has tips?

My best is 1.08.510 but even that needs a second off and I've tried hours!

Got all other stages gold though...

Easily doable, I did it with a dualshock 3.

The short answer is see where you are not pushing as hard as you can, you can also use the ghost to your advantage in the this sense. Just keep trying and mastering every section of the track. Very general response but there's nothing specific to say without seeing a replay or something (definitely not necessary with 1 second off).

ds3 with automatic transmission here. tcs1,abs1,active steering strong, sensitivity 2.

in general i tried to follow driving line and brake early on brake zones on first 2 turns, then braking late on next zones til last 2 brake zones when i applied brakes again quite early to get good exit speed. after braking i tried to carry through corners with almost no throttle (few quick presses of X here and there to not go gear down and maintaining as much speed as i could) til i could relatively safely apply throttle again.

i was at 1.08.6 and using this general approach i first improved my time to 1.07.7 and afterwards to 1.06.8 or something. it took me about 3 hrs and a lot of spinning outs and going off track while doing it. few laps i restarted before finish line as i wasn't going to improve my time.

Took me ages, but I managed it eventually so don't lose heart. I used PS3 controller, automatic gears, default settings apart from traction which I turned down to 1. Just got to keep trying to best your own ghost time. I recommend brake before the bends, feather the throttle into the bends, I.e tapping the X button. Then accelerate out when you fee the cars not going to spin.

Keep trying. It is definitely doable.

Hi thanks all, retried for about 5 hours and I have beaten the time with 0,001 seconds off haha finally! :D

On 31/12/2014 at 6:07 AM, Iiah said:

ds3 with automatic transmission here. tcs1,abs1,active steering strong, sensitivity 2.

in general i tried to follow driving line and brake early on brake zones on first 2 turns, then braking late on next zones til last 2 brake zones when i applied brakes again quite early to get good exit speed. after braking i tried to carry through corners with almost no throttle (few quick presses of X here and there to not go gear down and maintaining as much speed as i could) til i could relatively safely apply throttle again.

i was at 1.08.6 and using this general approach i first improved my time to 1.07.7 and afterwards to 1.06.8 or something. it took me about 3 hrs and a lot of spinning outs and going off track while doing it. few laps i restarted before finish line as i wasn't going to improve my time.

This was very useful, thanks.

On 24-4-2017 at 8:17 PM, FawkeSolid said:

This was very useful, thanks.

I got it this way too

ayrton senna get all golds is a nitemare its only one i need for 100% i tried again a few weeks back and failed i knew i would i dont know why i tried

I got this trophy today after trying about 2 hours, it wasn't that difficult IMO. I used the same settings stated by someone higher up in this thread. 

Im struggling with the 1st one lol got 1min 4 sec.  2nd race. Just starting. But 43 seconds seems crazy!.

My issue is the fact that it took away my drive lines lol

This trophy is getting me sick. My best was 1:08:769. I was trying for around 2 hours. Time for a break, i definitely want this one.

I got the gold only for the first lap with the kart, so frustrated... 😑

Finally after 4 days I got Gold for Senna Stage 4 with time 1:07.079

I use DS3 with Automatic Transmission, TCS 1, ABS 6, and Control Sensitivity 2. Just for sharing.

Edited by Kim_Kimm

Posted (edited)

Why does this challenge even exist... it's pain
I've been doing this stupid thing since like september and only got the first 3 done gold they weren't that difficult and the 4th one just today completed it in an 8 hour long session with barely any breaks. Time - 1:07.025
Never has any challenge made me feel so angry, depressed and full of hate towards myself... 

Edited by S1r_Pal

I wouldn't say it's the worst challenge out there trophywise, but it's definitely challenging. But using your ghost from previous fast laps is extremely helpful in pointing out where you lose time, in effect also showing you that 1:07:00 is totally doable if you string together a decent lap (ended up with 1:06.4 in the end after just brutally nailing the last three corners, which had given me so much trouble before).