Ayrton Senna stage 4 gold

Bxoow_

Easily doable, I did it with a dualshock 3.

The short answer is see where you are not pushing as hard as you can, you can also use the ghost to your advantage in the this sense. Just keep trying and mastering every section of the track. Very general response but there's nothing specific to say without seeing a replay or something (definitely not necessary with 1 second off).

• Like 2

ds3 with automatic transmission here. tcs1,abs1,active steering strong, sensitivity 2.

in general i tried to follow driving line and brake early on brake zones on first 2 turns, then braking late on next zones til last 2 brake zones when i applied brakes again quite early to get good exit speed. after braking i tried to carry through corners with almost no throttle (few quick presses of X here and there to not go gear down and maintaining as much speed as i could) til i could relatively safely apply throttle again.

i was at 1.08.6 and using this general approach i first improved my time to 1.07.7 and afterwards to 1.06.8 or something. it took me about 3 hrs and a lot of spinning outs and going off track while doing it. few laps i restarted before finish line as i wasn't going to improve my time.

• Like 2

Took me ages, but I managed it eventually so don't lose heart. I used PS3 controller, automatic gears, default settings apart from traction which I turned down to 1. Just got to keep trying to best your own ghost time. I recommend brake before the bends, feather the throttle into the bends, I.e tapping the X button. Then accelerate out when you fee the cars not going to spin.

Keep trying. It is definitely doable.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
On 31/12/2014 at 6:07 AM, Iiah said:

ds3 with automatic transmission here. tcs1,abs1,active steering strong, sensitivity 2.

in general i tried to follow driving line and brake early on brake zones on first 2 turns, then braking late on next zones til last 2 brake zones when i applied brakes again quite early to get good exit speed. after braking i tried to carry through corners with almost no throttle (few quick presses of X here and there to not go gear down and maintaining as much speed as i could) til i could relatively safely apply throttle again.

i was at 1.08.6 and using this general approach i first improved my time to 1.07.7 and afterwards to 1.06.8 or something. it took me about 3 hrs and a lot of spinning outs and going off track while doing it. few laps i restarted before finish line as i wasn't going to improve my time.

This was very useful, thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Why does this challenge even exist... it's pain
I've been doing this stupid thing since like september and only got the first 3 done gold they weren't that difficult and the 4th one just today completed it in an 8 hour long session with barely any breaks. Time - 1:07.025
Never has any challenge made me feel so angry, depressed and full of hate towards myself... 

Edited by S1r_Pal

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't say it's the worst challenge out there trophywise, but it's definitely challenging. But using your ghost from previous fast laps is extremely helpful in pointing out where you lose time, in effect also showing you that 1:07:00 is totally doable if you string together a decent lap (ended up with 1:06.4 in the end after just brutally nailing the last three corners, which had given me so much trouble before).

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i am quite supprised  this trophy has 10% completion ratio. I have done Gran Turismo 5 and Sports. This should be a walk in the park compared to these games, yet i tries a few hours and the golds seem pretty brutal....

I remember doing the worst AMG for GT5 which took me a session of 12 hours driving non stop, after days of practice. And the grand tour which was consideres the most difficult race for many i made after only a few hours after a few days of practice for an hour or two...

Edited by Megaman80

Compared to some of GT5s challenges this really is a walk in the park. Came back to this game to finish it up before GT7 and was surprised, that only 3 Golds for tests and the final two Senna challenges were missing, but I guess those were a pain on the controller so I didn't finish it back then. Being on a wheel now I don't envy anyone trying to do these with the controller, because I think it's rather the controller than skill that make some of these difficult. Especially those tests that are a pain in the *** for no reason.

• 3 weeks later...

8LRDi2v.jpg

played 3-4 hours yesterday and 2 hours today. finally made it ?

my settings:

Active Steering: Strong

Traction Control: 1

ABS: 1

Controller Steering Sensitivity: 2

here's my video:

Spoiler

good luck everyone 

Edited by PETMAN3000

• 2 months later...
On 12/30/2014 at 7:13 AM, amebapiko said:

Easily doable, I did it with a dualshock 3.

The short answer is see where you are not pushing as hard as you can, you can also use the ghost to your advantage in the this sense. Just keep trying and mastering every section of the track. Very general response but there's nothing specific to say without seeing a replay or something (definitely not necessary with 1 second off).

This is a 9 out of 10 in difficulty. Perhaps a 6 - 8 out of 10 if you're using an actual wheel for these stages. Nowadays a wheel costs hundreds of dollars, and I imagine the newer wheels you get aren't even compatible with PlayStation 3 games. Maybe they can be used for PS Now games via your PS5, I don't know.

Comments like this irk me. If this is easily doable, why are there thousands of players who only have the silver trophy left for 100% in Gran Turismo 6?

Look at the severe drop off in trophy percentages between simply finishing the Aryton Senna events with a bronze or better, and simply finishing all of them with a gold.

This is notoriously difficult, and unless you have exceptional patience and are willing to spend dozens of hours on these events, I would not bother with the 100%. Getting the platinum for this game is respectable enough, what with the S rank license tests which aren't that easy either.

Was intimated by this since I couldn't get a gold time in the first event. When i said I'll do it, after i got gold on the cart race, it took me around 8 hours for the rest 3 races ( 5-6 just for the last one ). I did it with a DS3. The difficulty of the dlc is higher than the main's game,but still it can he done.

My settings were

ABS : 1

Traction control : 0

Active Steering : strong

Controller sensitivity : 5

Try to be as smooth as possible with the car. That was an advice that helped me very much and was able to finish a lap and get gold much faster. Keep at it ! 

• Like 2

On 5/18/2022 at 10:47 PM, Steva24 said:

Was intimated by this since I couldn't get a gold time in the first event. When i said I'll do it, after i got gold on the cart race, it took me around 8 hours for the rest 3 races ( 5-6 just for the last one ). I did it with a DS3. The difficulty of the dlc is higher than the main's game,but still it can he done.

My settings were

ABS : 1

Traction control : 0

Active Steering : strong

Controller sensitivity : 5

Try to be as smooth as possible with the car. That was an advice that helped me very much and was able to finish a lap and get gold much faster. Keep at it ! 

Traction control is hugely important because a higher value means you will not get the speeds necessary to score a Gold. I've been told that manual is better here than automatic, but I've been playing the entire game on automatic so that is going to take hours of practice before I really get used to it.

Controller sensitivity I bumped up a notch from your settings. Some of the corners are brutally difficult to master and that is the main reason why reaching the Gold time is so hard.

Edited by AJ_Radio
Will be an immense feeling when I earn the trophy

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Traction control is hugely important because a higher value means you will not get the speeds necessary to score a Gold. I've been told that manual is better here than automatic, but I've been playing the entire game on automatic so that is going to take hours of practice before I really get used to it.

Controller sensitivity I bumped up a notch from your settings. Some of the corners are brutally difficult to master and that is the main reason why reaching the Gold time is so hard.

Yeah, I've read different settings that worked best for others. I did it with automatic transmission though since I played the game from the beginning like that ( like i do with all GT's ). I was watching gold times on YouTube and was trying to see what speed they were maintaining through corners. It is hard, no doubt about it but every time you finish a lap, you're getting better and better because you know and feel how to push the car more

• 1 month later...

I've been working on the 4th stage event for the last 5-6 days and it's driving me crazy.

I have 100% from GT5, I used the exploit for the Vettel events, but all those license tests, AMG events, Eiger event, nascar stuff, tuscan night etc they were all brutal and the worst one took ~25 hours when I did that game. But this 4th stage Senna dlc is taking me longer. I'm pretty sure I'm over 25 hours at this point :). I mean, I heard this was difficult, but I wasn't expecting a GT5 level difficulty, I underestimated this a lot.

My best was 1.07.726 until yesterday and I beat that twice last night, but still couldn't get the gold. My best is now 1.07.374. The target is 1.07.169 btw.

I'm playing with automatic transmission, strong active steering, 3 TCS, 1 ABS, 1 controller sensitivity. I made the previous best time with 1 TCS, but I find it very hard to control the car after turns at that TCS. So I tried to find a personal sweet spot where I don't get blocked with a strong acceleration restriction and I think TCS at 3 is great for me (as a comparison, I got gold from the 3rd event on Monza with TCS at 7). I'm so close now, and I'm not planning to give up until doing it, but it's really difficult. 

I actually have a wheel (G29) and I used it for the second dlc stage, but I can't control this Lotus with the wheel. I barely played with it so I guess I need to get used to it, but I'm so close with the controller now, so I don't want to change my method at this point

Update: Finally done. With the above settings, with a controller. 1.06.956.

Edited by emboliformis
  • Like 1