Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarknessKey92

[Experiment] How much money will a $49.99(USD) 1-year PS plus subscription save you this year(2015) on IGC titles(NA)?

72 posts in this topic

I'll only list the ones I've downloaded and played. Should be interesting.

January

The Swapper - 19.99

Duke Nukem - TBD

Prototype 2 is 40 dollars on the PSS? that's ridiculous.

so much cheaper at retail.

First month and its already saving money, it'll be interesting to see the final count.

Honestly, I rarely get games from the IGC. Since I just buy most any game I want. So, I likely won't save any money. It'll be interesting to try and keep track though.

The real value, for me at least, is in the PS+ sales, and of course, cloud saves.

Edited by ExHaseo

Yeah prototype 2 is not 40 bucks... It's like $5 in bargain buckets everywhere.

You don't actually own games either, so it's only a value for you specifically if you were going to buy x game but you were able to play it through ps plus instead.

Too bad theres no price on cloud saves... thats the real winner here

We can approximate by using Google Drive as example.

They offer 100GB for 2 bucks/month so we can say 0.02$ per month?

Sounds fun, it's also my first year as PS+ sub so it will be interesting.

January

inFAMOUS First Light - $14.99
The Swapper(3-way Cross-buy) - $19.99
PROTOTYPE 2 - $39.99

DuckTales: Remastered - $14.99

Total: $89.96

February

Transistor - $19.99
Apotheon - $14.99
YAKUZA 4 - $19.99
Thief - $39.99

Rogue Legacy(3-way Cross-buy) - $16.99

Total: $111.95

2015's Total: $201.91

Thief shouldn't be 40USD... I would never pay that kind of money for the game lol, I don't know if I would purchase it, but if I was interested, I'd maybe pay 10USD for a digital version.

That's the problem with these kind of calculations, I would never have paid the asked price for most of this, at least what I didn't already have, hence why I haven't got it.

Edited by MMDE

Would of made more sense to include retail prices since no one in their right mind would pay $39.99 for Prototype 2 or Thief.

Money I've saved so far: £10 since Infamous: First Light would of been the only game I wanted to buy.

Thief shouldn't be 40USD...

Yea, that's why it's 40€ in EU iirc.

Thief does not cost 40 i went to Gamestop the other day and they only want 20 on ps4

Edited by Condemned09

I'm hoping you keep this thread alive across the whole year, keep up the good job!

EDIT: Jesus christ, some people on this thread doesn't know how to fucking read?!

Also I'm not going by sale price, I'm going by regular(digital) price @ that given moment the title was added to the IGC(I'm aware certain titles will drop in price in the future).

It DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER if your cousing wants to sell you Destiny for 1$, what matters is that Plus is an DIGITAL service and the prices listed are for DIGITAL purchases. Jeez.

Edited by TheYuriG

the only problem is, PS Store always charge more for most full games than buying at a legit store, I already see the problem for like January for Prototype 2. 39.99$ really? you could find the game for like 10$ off used bin or even 15.26$ at amazon. of course there is tax at amz but still. a physical copy or a digital copy. hmmm!!! that is the question!

To everyone having problems saying that PS Store prices are too high:

If you want it to be with prices you want/see on retail MKE YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE. DarknessKey's experience is based on Ps Store prices, deal with it.

I'm hoping you keep this thread alive across the whole year, keep up the good job!

EDIT: Jesus christ, some people on this thread doesn't know how to fucking read?!

It DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER if your cousing wants to sell you Destiny for 1$, what matters is that Plus is an DIGITAL service and the prices listed are for DIGITAL purchases. Jeez.

People can read. They're just saying they would rather see the savings including disc games since most people wouldn't pay the crazy prices on the PSN store. 

People can read. They're just saying they would rather see the savings including disc games since most people wouldn't pay the crazy prices on the PSN store. 

But objectively, we can only take digital prices.

Retail prices vary from country to country.

Yea, that's why it's 40€ in EU iirc.

1 euro = 1.13 USD, so that'd make it more than 45 USD. Still too much IMO for a game like that. My point was anyways that it's what the games are worth for you, not how much they are sold for. I simply don't purchase games I think is too expensive.

Edited by MMDE